• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predicting the 2014 tigers

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear it's higher than the 4 years 52 million that had been tossed around!

Incredible as without the juice we have no idea what power he will have! It's been nice but at that price see ya later Jhonny.

Same with McCann wishers! Yankees spent a good chunk of change on a guy trending the wrong way. Like him but I think Catcher is not a place I would spend my teams cash.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jhonny can thank DD for not offering a qualifying offer. The Cards just do not give up first round picks. That makes jhonny a much more favorable signing over Drew.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear it's higher than the 4 years 52 million that had been tossed around!

Barely. 4 years/$53 mill. Still too high for a pretty much one-dimensional SS.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2012 Peralta hit .239 with a .305 OBP.

2013 he is juicing and he has a career year!

The Cardinals have been a very good organization on talent evaluation but I can't see this one at all! 53 million for a limited range SS that is slow on the base paths and averages 18 HR a year. And who believes .300 with some pop is closer to the legit Jhonny than .245 with 10-15 HR power without juicing?

SS is a talent wasteland this off season and makes Dave D trade for Inglesias look that much better.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals have been a very good organization on talent evaluation but I can't see this one at all! 53 million for a limited range SS that is slow on the base paths and averages 18 HR a year. And who believes .300 with some pop is closer to the legit Jhonny than .245 with 10-15 HR power without juicing?

The Cardinals got pretty much zero production out of the SS position last season (.217 average with a 54 OPS+, or 46 percent worse than league average), so I guess they were willing to overpay for 10-15 HR power.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every body wants to trade Porcello.

what do you think we could get for him????
not much. let him finish out his contract. I believe he is in his last year of contract??

why always have to worry about a 5th starter? Keep Porcello and you know what you will get...which is pretty good for a 5th starter. has the guy ever been on the DL??????

I agree with keeping rick. I think trading max makes the most sense financially and for the future and because he has the most value he will ever have. Im all about trading max for the right player(s).

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with keeping rick. I think trading max makes the most sense financially and for the future and because he has the most value he will ever have. Im all about trading max for the right player(s).

It's up in the air it all depends what Detroit could et for him, Max. If they get a good young guy under team control and sign a Beltran or Choo then it is worth it.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's up in the air it all depends what Detroit could et for him, Max. If they get a good young guy under team control and sign a Beltran or Choo then it is worth it.

Agreed, I say we keep him as well if the return isnt good enough.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, I definitely wouldn't trade Rick. I would like to see what he can do with an infield. It might help his confidence and make him more consistent. Maybe something at the trade deadline but not now.

I still think trading Max is risky. I don't believe his performance will fall off. Unless someone offers a young player at a position of need, I would pass. I mentioned Cespedes before and I think it would take that combination of talent/promise to let Max go.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2012 Peralta hit .239 with a .305 OBP.

2013 he is juicing and he has a career year!

SS is a talent wasteland this off season and makes Dave D trade for Inglesias look that much better.
actually biogenisis closed in 2012. All the records have players using the clinic in the 2011 off season and the 2012 season before it closed. Not really fair to call Jhonny's 2013 season into question. Jhonny has a track record off good followed by bad years in detroit. OPS of 710, 824, 689 and 815.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually biogenisis closed in 2012. All the records have players using the clinic in the 2011 off season and the 2012 season before it closed. Not really fair to call Jhonny's 2013 season into question. Jhonny has a track record off good followed by bad years in detroit. OPS of 710, 824, 689 and 815.
I think it is fair to call of his seasons into question. The man cheated and shouldn't get a pass any more than anyone else should. I don't believe Biogenesis has a monopoly on illegal supplements.

I wasn't a big fan of JP even before he was suspected (and later admitted) of PED's. His defense, as hard as it is to believe, actually improved over time. No complaints about his offense except he wasn't always the most consistent player. Overall, I would have been disappointed if he had re-signed with DTW at any price and wasn't a fan of hm being on the postseason roster.

I like the direction the team is going so far.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you get caught juicing you juice and you loose the benefit of the doubt. During Peralta's time with the Indians he hit .292 once and .276 once with a career best 24 HRs the rest of the time he was extremely average at best. He gets to Detroit and has a career rejuvenation?

53 million and 4 years is a lot of cash for a career .268 hitter with limited power, shallow range, prone to the double play ball, coming of a juicing suspension. I get it if they planned on moving him to third but SS I don't get it. Especially with all the pitching talent St Louis has you would think they could pry a young talent away from the BoSox or Diamondbacks.

Maybe if Jhonny was an Ozzie like fielder but thats not the case. This off season is out of whack. The extra cash from the MLB network is buying a hole through some teams pockets.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess i gotta find a new 3B.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree...if we can get talent for max then spend on choo id be very excited.....still need another bat...not comfortable with leaning on nicky c.....tried that last year with rondon. Gotta replace prince bat....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how tiger fans would act if miggy got caught and served 50 games.....would they welcome HIM back with open arms? If he came back and hit even better and lead us to a WS title.....would fans hate him like jhonny for cheating you think? Or do star players get a pass from the players home fans since they are good?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how tiger fans would act if miggy got caught and served 50 games.....would they welcome HIM back with open arms? If he came back and hit even better and lead us to a WS title.....would fans hate him like jhonny for cheating you think? Or do star players get a pass from the players home fans since they are good?

I can't speak for others but the name or performance doesn't matter to me. If you cheat, you should be gone. Pretty soon the penalty will be 1 yr for the first offense and lifetime after that.

Baseball is kind of caught in the middle here. They are trying to come down hard on PED's in appearance only. They need to adopt blood testing and allow more random testing . They also need to allow contracts to be cancelled if a positive test were to occur. A clawback policy would be nice too but not sure possible.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting question. I would not have wanted Bonds on the Tigers as I thought he was a cheat. I want stars on the Tigers but I also want guys that play by the rules.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man did I ever want us to sign Bonds. Turns out he got black balled and nobody signed him. Not surprised, he played hardball with the big boys.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be disgusted with him. But alot of how fans view players depends on how the players act after they are caught as well. Just look at the difference between clemens or arod and pettite. Fans genuinely despise arod, bonds and clemens and rightfully so. I dont see that same kind of emotion toward pettite. I actually agree with jalopy somewhat. There should be an extremely stiff penalty for PED use. If players are aware it will be more than just a slap on the wrist it will deter them from giving themselves an advantage. Not only should the suspensions be lengthy, their names should be removed from record books. I dont see barry bonds as the all time hr leader, because he took it from aaron unfairly. I still see maris as the number to beat for single season. There is no perfect solution as its similar to the war on drugs, there will always be new stuff that wont show up on tests. It will always be an ongoing battle and unfortunately for the fans, they suffer. There will always be tha seed of doubt toward the players that were never implicated or never dropped dirty.