• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predicting the 2014 tigers

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it would be fun to try and guess an early lineup for this team.....see who comes close....ill start it out with as of now what i think we look like on opening day....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler 2B
Hunter RF
Miggy 1B
Vmart DH
Peralta 3B
Avila C
Castellanos LF
Jackson CF
Iggy SS

JV
Max
Sanchez
Fister
Porcello ...yup he stays

Nathan closer
Rondon
Smyly
Al al
Im not sure on any middle relievers....will we bring back benoit to set up or will he get chance to close somewhere....veras resign cheaper? Still need a good lefty.....

K

kengel6

C 2000
I like your lineup. but where does Mandy Jerks play?????

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler 2B
Hunter RF
Miggy 1B
Vmart DH
Peralta 3B
Avila C
Castellanos LF
Jackson CF
Iggy SS

JV
Max
Sanchez
Fister
Porcello ...yup he stays

Nathan closer
Rondon
Smyly
Al al
Im not sure on any middle relievers....will we bring back benoit to set up or will he get chance to close somewhere....veras resign cheaper? Still need a good lefty.....

Kinsler
AJ
Miggy
Cespedes
VMart
Hunter
Nick C
Avila
Iggy

JV
Sanchez
Fister
Porcello
Smyly

Wilson
Benoit
Rondon

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler
AJ
Miggy
Cespedes
VMart
Hunter
Nick C
Avila
Iggy

JV
Sanchez
Fister
Porcello
Smyly

Wilson
Benoit
Rondon

Man if that happens id love the fielder trade....porcello used in a trade to get cespedes? Would still like nathan....

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question.....Hard to say because I think there is going to be an other big trade......maybe a few big names but lots of player.....If things stay pretty much the same I think your lineup is close Cleaves....

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler
AJ
Miggy
Cespedes
VMart
Hunter
Nick C
Avila
Iggy

JV
Sanchez
Fister
Porcello
Smyly

Wilson
Benoit
Rondon

Ajax will not be batting second. Why were cespedes stats so much worse last season than his rookie year, injury? His batting average and obp were down 50 points, ops 100 points and slugging 50. Home runs and ribbies about the same.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ajax will not be batting second. Why were cespedes stats so much worse last season than his rookie year, injury? His batting average and obp were down 50 points, ops 100 points and slugging 50. Home runs and ribbies about the same.

I agree that AJ strikes out too much and can't handle the bat well enough to bat 2nd but I feel his speed is an asset that would help in front of Miggy. I would rather see Iggy up there and AJ at ninth but I just don't see it. Personally, nothing the Tigers do in the offseason would please me more than to deal AJ, get a true leadoff hitter and move Kinsler to 2nd.

Cespedes had a couple of issues. I think one was winning the HR derby and the other was some injuries he tried to play through. For some reason (fear?) the Cubans feel they need to run through walls without a thought. He is truly a five tool player that should rebound. I love watching him play and this team could use a spark plug.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo LF
Hunter RF
Rendon 3B
Miggy1B
V Mart DH
Kinsler 2B
A Jax CF
Avila C
Inglesias SS

JV, Sanchez, Fister, Porcello, Smyly

Closer - Wilson

The lineup takes some pretty big assumptions - Scherzer to Washington for Rendon, the cash saved is invested in Choo and Wilson. But It's my wish list. The Tigers would finally have a team suited to Comerica park and enough talent to keep the window open another 3-4 years.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo LF
Hunter RF
Rendon 3B
Miggy1B
V Mart DH
Kinsler 2B
A Jax CF
Avila C
Inglesias SS

JV, Sanchez, Fister, Porcello, Smyly

Closer - Wilson

The lineup takes some pretty big assumptions - Scherzer to Washington for Rendon, the cash saved is invested in Choo and Wilson. But It's my wish list. The Tigers would finally have a team suited to Comerica park and enough talent to keep the window open another 3-4 years.

Couple of issues. First, Kinsler is perfectly suited to bat 2nd. Second, Rendon wouldn't take the 3 spot from Miggy without proving himself first. Miggy, Vmart, & Rendon sounds better.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Kinsler as a #2. Hunter though really seemed to thrive their last season.

I have always though Miggy would be better in the 4 hole especially if you have guys with good OBP in front of him.

I would have put Kinsler in the 3 hole but he does have some pop in his bat. That may be the better spot for him. I could see Miggy getting walked less if the Tigers keep men on base in front of him. Even though V Mart is not a HR hitter he would drive in a ton of runs if he hits .300 plus.

I would just like to see Detroit put a team on the field that matches the park they play in.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Kinsler as a #2. Hunter though really seemed to thrive their last season.

I have always though Miggy would be better in the 4 hole especially if you have guys with good OBP in front of him.

I would have put Kinsler in the 3 hole but he does have some pop in his bat. That may be the better spot for him. I could see Miggy getting walked less if the Tigers keep men on base in front of him. Even though V Mart is not a HR hitter he would drive in a ton of runs if he hits .300 plus.

I would just like to see Detroit put a team on the field that matches the park they play in.

With Miggy's BA, I would think you want him as high in the order as possible. Except for his speed, he is the quintessential 3 hitter. Should be fun to see how the next three weeks play out. It should all be settled by then.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy should hit #3.....get him to the plate as often as you can.....

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like those that had Peralta penciled in had better grab the eraser. Sounds like he is StL bound.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I love Miggy in the three hole is the fact we get a runner in scoring position in the first inning of every game!!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every body wants to trade Porcello.

what do you think we could get for him????
not much. let him finish out his contract. I believe he is in his last year of contract??

why always have to worry about a 5th starter? Keep Porcello and you know what you will get...which is pretty good for a 5th starter. has the guy ever been on the DL??????

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about this???

just before the teams are headed north for the season.

some one start a thread for predictions.

order of finish for the AL Central.
and at least 3 predictions for the team of your choice in the central.

that way. da bums cant run his keyboard on who said this and who said that.
we will see who knows jack and who doesn't.