• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poster Trends

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any theories on who our little poster friend, milogiant, was? He showed up, new to this forum, for the three game series in Miami and has not, according to his profile, even logged in to SportsHoopla since then.

Still not convinced he wasn't a troll, even if he cooled off after that first game haha. Hopefully he comes around again

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a bit of digging on him, but never found anything myself. The fact he disappeared, though, makes me think he was booted. I have no direct knowledge, though.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the eggman

I am the walrus

Kookookatchoo

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am Steve Rogers
guardians-of-the-galaxy-i-am-groot-wall-art-73-x-66cm-product-image.jpg

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a bit of digging on him, but never found anything myself. The fact he disappeared, though, makes me think he was booted. I have no direct knowledge, though.
He did all 31 of his posts in two game day threads, both Giants' games against the Marlins. Is it possible to get booted for something other than a post or posts?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did all 31 of his posts in two game day threads, both Giants' games against the Marlins. Is it possible to get booted for something other than a post or posts?

An alt is sure fire way to get booted.....

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of being Captain Obvious, when we are in contention, the board is a lot more fun and popular place.

I think we are going to get a lot more fun and popular again.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of being Captain Obvious, when we are in contention, the board is a lot more fun and popular place.

I think we are going to get a lot more fun and popular again.

You could be right Captain.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen (and any ladies reading this as well),

I've had some down time this past week and so I thought I'd poke around our esteemed forum for the Giants to figure out how many posters we've had over the course of the past 7 years and how many have left. Now there was no way I could look at every single thread that has been written over this time frame so my numbers are by no means anywhere close to being full reflective of the posters who've come and gone. I tried to look at a few threads from each year and counted only posters who seemed to be Giants' fans. Trolls and random visits from other teams' fans have not been counted. So, with that, here is what I found out:

In the past 7 years, regulars and those who've posted on occasion has totaled at least 62 posters.

Of those 62 posters, 33 has joined in 2010, mainly in mid August.
Another 13 posters joined in 2011.
From there, the numbers drop to single digits, 5 in 2012, 6 in 2013, 2 in 2014, 1 in 2015, 2 in 2016 and none in 2017 (so far).

I mainly wanted to see how many have disappeared from this forum. The spark behind the research has been the occasional talk about the forum slowly dying and the number of posters that have left. Of the 62 posters I found on this forum, 20 seem to be regulars, semi-regulars or lurkers this year. They are:

Stokes1931, calsnowskier, SFGRTB, msgkings322, 1phlapdown, LHG (post poster ever!), stanfordthemanford, SF11704, Mays-Fan, shrksfn9192, Hangman, dredinis21, williewilliejuan, Marco Polo, Sandisfan, Pattersonca65, fullxtension, filosofy29, Robotech and moxie.

I'll post the names of those who have left us in the next post.
I remembered this thread (trying to remember gp956's handle reminded me about it) and so I thought I'd update our regulars/semi-regulars and lurkers list. They are:
Regulars - Stokes1931, calsnowskier, msgkings322, LHG, tzill, pachyderm, jeep99tj
Semi-regulars - SFGRTB, SF11704, stanfordthemanford, Hangman, filosofy29
Lurkers - Sandisfan (maybe a better term would be quiet encourager)

I haven't seen anything from 1phlapdown, Mays-Fan, Marco Polo (other than his one post in late August) and Robotech in quite some time. Posters like shrksfn9192, dredinis21 (didn't he briefly reappear a year or two ago under a new handle), williewilliejuan, Pattersonca65, fullxtension and moxie haven't been on here in a couple of years.
The only new poster I think we've gotten in the last couple of years is pachyderm. I think sfsportfan had also re-surfaced for a brief time about a year or so ago with a new handle as well.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered this thread (trying to remember gp956's handle reminded me about it) and so I thought I'd update our regulars/semi-regulars and lurkers list. They are:
Regulars - Stokes1931, calsnowskier, msgkings322, LHG, tzill, pachyderm, jeep99tj

I haven't seen anything from 1phlapdown, Mays-Fan, Marco Polo (other than his one post in late August) and Robotech in quite some time. Posters like shrksfn9192, dredinis21 (didn't he briefly reappear a year or two ago under a new handle), williewilliejuan, Pattersonca65, fullxtension and moxie haven't been on here in a couple of years.
The only new poster I think we've gotten in the last couple of years is pachyderm. I think sfsportfan had also re-surfaced for a brief time about a year or so ago with a new handle as well.

filo comes on when the dues are due.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have been here sooner had I remembered the site... lol

Seems I found it and two other boards about the same time but I went with them then forgot about this site.