• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poster Trends

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NolanNonsense

He had a bunch of other names over there as well, but NN was his last one.

He had a stated objective of destroying the Giants board at Disney.

He surfaces once in a while on the NBA board(s), I can't help it I love clowning him every time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the only person ever banned from this board. Probably the only one who ever be banned from here.

BoB was banned from the site as a whole, and I supported the move, but Hammer actually did me a favor by being the heavy on that one. I was this close to making BoB the second, but Hammer wanted the guy gone, and gave him extra rope since he was a reg on our board (an intended solid, I think, btw). When Hammer had had enough, he talked to me and I said I would support 100% if he booted him.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how accurate the 'lurker' statistics are. Ii spend quite bit of time reading through posts on this board... almost daily ..but I only sign in when I want to reply or create a new thread. I'm not sure if the board's software can see me (via a possible cookie).... but doubt it

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how accurate the 'lurker' statistics are. Ii spend quite bit of time reading through posts on this board... almost daily ..but I only sign in when I want to reply or create a new thread. I'm not sure if the board's software can see me (via a possible cookie).... but doubt it
I'd say you are more of a semi-regular.
If you are signed in, the website does track what threads you are in. For example, if I was looking at this thread at the same time as you, I'd see both of our "names" in the "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread" at the bottom, just under the response box. Additionally, you could click on my member name, from any post I've made, and get a pop out box that gives some basic stats about me, including the last day I have signed in to SportsHoopla.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All boards seem to have their share of 'different' posters. Some more 'different' than others.
Over the years I've drifted through quite a few boards. I have to say that this is one of the calmest I've seen throughout the tears.

The most ' different' poster I have ever seen was someone called Castcore. Not sure what board he/she was on (maybe RUNBOARD) .... NN, TITO .Bob are also memorable. I'm sure that BoB was also on the Mouse board ... but can't recall his name there ...

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All boards seem to have their share of 'different' posters. Some more 'different' than others.
Over the years I've drifted through quite a few boards. I have to say that this is one of the calmest I've seen throughout the tears.

The most ' different' poster I have ever seen was someone called Castcore. Not sure what board he/she was on (maybe RUNBOARD) .... NN, TITO .Bob are also memorable. I'm sure that BoB was also on the Mouse board ... but can't recall his name there ...

Castcore was legendary, not in a good way.

There were plenty of Dodger posters on the mouse board, most good-natured like DFaninWisc and DieGnatsDie.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Casty was at Disney.

BoB had a few names at Disney, but his “biggest” was SpeakYourMind.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casty was at Disney.

BoB had a few names at Disney, but his “biggest” was SpeakYourMind.
Castcore (like PortugueseWaterDog) must have been before my time at Disney. I do remember, when I first started posting there, there was a poster named Jake Pisani. When I disagreed with him on some player, his defense is that most posters agree with him. I wasn't aware that I needed to be in lock step with his ideas. He didn't seem to stick around much longer after that.
Didn't he also go by grabsumpinemeat?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castcore (like PortugueseWaterDog) must have been before my time at Disney. I do remember, when I first started posting there, there was a poster named Jake Pisani. When I disagreed with him on some player, his defense is that most posters agree with him. I wasn't aware that I needed to be in lock step with his ideas. He didn't seem to stick around much longer after that.
Didn't he also go by grabsumpinemeat?
Yup. I was trying to remember that one...

I don’t remember Jake Pisani. Was he post-migration?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I was trying to remember that one...

I don’t remember Jake Pisani. Was he post-migration?
Nope. This was just after the 2008 season, when I joined the board over there. It seemed like he didn't post that much and maybe he got confused at to which board he was on when he responded to me like that. For whatever reason, that interaction left an impression on me and I can still remember his board name and his response to my critique.
There was some other poster that was around at that time who mainly posted to get people to read his Giants' blog. I cannot remember his name, but it seemed like he was using his real name on the Disney board. He was infrequent and seemed to not stick around much after I came on either (apparently, I ran people off).
Then there was that one guy DBCapLockJagfan, or whatever his name was, who came out of nowhere and wanted to rip me a new one for my lack of support in the Brad Penny pickup of 2009. I never had any interaction with that poster, but he came on like he'd been on the board for a while and felt the need to attack me every chance he could.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember there was a poster who claimed to be Hank Shulman. I chatted with him, and seemed legit. There were also quite a few times when Hank would end up tweeting topics that we were talking about on this board. While I tend to think that is just a coincidence, it did become a bit of a board meme to just ask Hank to look into it and let us know...

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it was the Disney board... But I remember seeing a few posts that were supposedly from one of the pitchers wives. Can't remember which one. Also seem to think that her 'logon' was his name spelled backwards.
She did have some real interesting posts. Seemed to have access to information that only an insider would. I can remember her posting things ... and then they happened ...

Did the Disney board have game threads or is that something that started here? I don't remember any there.

I do remember one here where BoB actually posted 26 straight posts before anyone actually responded. It was like reading a play by play of the game. It may have been MayFan that finally responded ...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember there was a poster who claimed to be Hank Shulman. I chatted with him, and seemed legit. There were also quite a few times when Hank would end up tweeting topics that we were talking about on this board. While I tend to think that is just a coincidence, it did become a bit of a board meme to just ask Hank to look into it and let us know...
I think that was before I came on because I can only remember the board memes.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My convo with him was back at Disney, not here.
I should have been more clear on that one. I was referring to when I joined the Disney boards. I tend to think that this is just a continuation of that board, in terms of the posters, so I don't always clearly delineate between there and here.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have been more clear on that one. I was referring to when I joined the Disney boards. I tend to think that this is just a continuation of that board, in terms of the posters, so I don't always clearly delineate between there and here.
Ah...

I don’t remember when that whole thing took place. I am thinking ‘08? ‘09?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it was the Disney board... But I remember seeing a few posts that were supposedly from one of the pitchers wives. Can't remember which one. Also seem to think that her 'logon' was his name spelled backwards.
She did have some real interesting posts. Seemed to have access to information that only an insider would. I can remember her posting things ... and then they happened ...

Did the Disney board have game threads or is that something that started here? I don't remember any there.

I do remember one here where BoB actually posted 26 straight posts before anyone actually responded. It was like reading a play by play of the game. It may have been MayFan that finally responded ...

I think the pitcher was Bret Tomko

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any theories on who our little poster friend, milogiant, was? He showed up, new to this forum, for the three game series in Miami and has not, according to his profile, even logged in to SportsHoopla since then.