• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Your Top 3 AL/NL MVP/CYA - End of August

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge series for the Cubs against the Cards. In 2 games Rizzo 3 for 7, 4 RBI, HR.... Biggest series of the year for the Nats Harper 0 for 8... yeah valuable... THAT is what valuable means

Yeah and a week and half before he was 4-24 against the Giants and Dodgers.

Harper leads the NL in:
WAR
oWAR
Avg.
OBP
Slg %
OPS
OPS+
Runs created
Adjusted Batting Runs
Adjusted Batting Wins
Offensive win %

Rizzo's 2nd half:

.262/.357/.525/.881

Harper's 2nd half:

.321/.468/.536./1.004

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"PLEASE LOVE MY CUBS"

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and a week and half before he was 4-24 against the Giants and Dodgers.

Harper leads the NL in:
WAR
oWAR
Avg.
OBP
Slg %
OPS
OPS+
Runs created
Adjusted Batting Runs
Adjusted Batting Wins
Offensive win %

Rizzo's 2nd half:

.262/.357/.525/.881

Harper's 2nd half:

.321/.468/.536./1.004

And yet he is still 0-8 and has had no positive impact for the Nats in their biggest series of the year...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet he is still 0-8 and has had no positive impact for the Nats in their biggest series of the year...

And basing the MVP off of 2 games is incredibly stupid.

Maybe if Rizzo was playing as good as Harper has been in the 2nd half the Cubs would be in first?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizzo isn't even the best 1B in the NL. Votto and Goldschmidt are clearly better. I'm not even sure I'd call him the Cubs MVP, considering what Arrieta's been doing.

Rizzo's a stud and I'd glad to see him doing well (even though the Sox gave him up for Adrian "Gods Plan" Gonzalez), but please. There's no sane argument for him as MVP.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe if Rizzo was playing as good as Harper has been in the 2nd half the Cubs would be in first?

Rizzo isn't even the best 1B in the NL. Votto and Goldschmidt are clearly better.

Rizzo's a stud and I'd glad to see him doing well (even though the Sox gave him up for Adrian "Gods Plan" Gonzalez), but please. There's no sane argument for him as MVP.

You two realize you're debating baseball with a guy who thinks closers are more valuable than starting pitchers, right?

You might as well be trying to have a discussion of planetary physics with Chris Burke.

I'm waiting for him to offer "I like Pizza, Steve" as a reason why Rizzo is better than Harper.

VWItpKi.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not basing it off 2 games, its the way its been ALLL year... In games against the Cardinals/Pirates/Dodgers/Mets/Royals this year Anthony Rizzo is batting .341 ( 55-161 ) thats a full 60 points HIGHER than his regular BA. Thats called CLUTCH and thats why he should win MVP. He plays BETTER in big games. The ooposite is true for Harper. Just the way it is

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not basing it off 2 games, its the way its been ALLL year... In games against the Cardinals/Pirates/Dodgers/Mets/Royals this year Anthony Rizzo is batting .341 ( 55-161 ) thats a full 60 points HIGHER than his regular BA. Thats called CLUTCH and thats why he should win MVP. He plays BETTER in big games. The ooposite is true for Harper. Just the way it is

Do games vs the Cards or Royals or Dodgers somehow count for more in the standings? If not, then why are you giving him extra/bonus credit for that?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be able to play well vs all teams, not just good ones. Can't give him bonus points for that. Games against the Mets or Cards or Pirates all count te same as games vs the Braves or Padres.

Not really, I get your point but its not actually true. Big games require big play from your big guys. Its the difference between being in the playoffs and blowing 6 run leads to the team directly ahead of you in the standings. Good teams beat up on bad competition. Great teams win games vs great teams because their great players play great. Thats why the Cubs are 23 games over .500 and the Nats are a HUGE disappointment. Harper is having a great year but the award isnt for the best player, its for the most VALUABLE player and when you dont play big in your teams big games then you arent all that valuable. Its why Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever and Dominique Wilkins is just a great scorer.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, I get your point but its not actually true. Big games require big play from your big guys. Its the difference between being in the playoffs and blowing 6 run leads to the team directly ahead of you in the standings. Good teams beat up on bad competition. Great teams win games vs great teams because their great players play great. Thats why the Cubs are 23 games over .500 and the Nats are a HUGE disappointment. Harper is having a great year but the award isnt for the best player, its for the most VALUABLE player and when you dont play big in your teams big games then you arent all that valuable. Its why Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever and Dominique Wilkins is just a great scorer.

That's fine if it was true... But we have showed you that this is not true... Harper has been the BETTER player during tie games... You keep on dismissing that... You keep on making a statement and then hiding behind it with its your opinion so your cant be wrong... Problem is your argument has facts that PROVE your argument is wrong... an opinion can be wrong sometimes...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the difference between being in the playoffs and blowing 6 run leads to the team directly ahead of you in the standings.

Yeah! If Harper's so fucking valuable, why didn't he pitch the 7th inning yesterday?!

durr.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To contrast in games vs the Jays/Yankees/Cards/Pirates/Cubs Bryce Harper is 40-152 for a sterling .263 BA a full 80 points LOWER than his full year average... Thats the difference in being a MVP and being just a really good player on an average team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine if it was true... But we have showed you that this is not true... Harper has been the BETTER player during tie games... You keep on dismissing that... You keep on making a statement and then hiding behind it with its your opinion so your cant be wrong... Problem is your argument has facts that PROVE your argument is wrong... an opinion can be wrong sometimes...

Im dropping more knowledge on you here. Pay attention

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously concerned about the fact that you've procreated.

What exactly have I written in this discussion that bothers you so Slink?? Harper is having the better year stats wise, not arguing that. Im saying he isnt more valuable because A. His teams performance has been far lower than expected and B. It has been that way, in large part, due to the fact that harper has severely underperformed in his teams most meaningful games. If you ( and others ) simply want to reward the guy with the best stats then thats fine, its your opinion. I dont agree. I think VALUABLE means that you do things of value when the chips are on the line and your back is against the wall. Rizzo has done that, Harper has NOT. Its not really any more confusing than that. Its not like I am advocating for a guy that others dont have in the top 2 or 3... everyone here would have Rizzo in their top 3 so whats wrong with someone making a case for him for number 1 ESPECIALLY when there are ample stats to back up that assertion?? Jesus its not like I am saying John Jay should win MVP

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly have I written in this discussion that bothers you so Slink?? Harper is having the better year stats wise, not arguing that. Im saying he isnt more valuable because A. His teams performance has been far lower than expected and B. It has been that way, in large part, due to the fact that harper has severely underperformed in his teams most meaningful games. If you ( and others ) simply want to reward the guy with the best stats then thats fine, its your opinion. I dont agree. I think VALUABLE means that you do things of value when the chips are on the line and your back is against the wall. Rizzo has done that, Harper has NOT. Its not really any more confusing than that. Its not like I am advocating for a guy that others dont have in the top 2 or 3... everyone here would have Rizzo in their top 3 so whats wrong with someone making a case for him for number 1 ESPECIALLY when there are ample stats to back up that assertion?? Jesus its not like I am saying John Jay should win MVP

I have no problems with you wanting to give it to a playoff player... Problem is that you have cherry picked stats to help your case and whenever someone gives you other stats to prove against your point you have discounted it... Giving a reward to a playoff player is great, as long as it is close... I just don't see any way you can HONESTLY defend that Rizzo is close to Harper or Goldshmidt...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TL/DR.

I quit after "that bothers you so." Nothing. Nothing you post bothers me.

When you post things like 'closers are more valuable than starting pitchers,' it's a robust endorsement that I should not take a single thing you say about baseball seriously.