• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Your Top 3 AL/NL MVP/CYA - End of August

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people's Homers come in games within 4 runs because 4 runs is a huge lead in baseball. Doesn't prove shit. What I know is he trails Rizzo in game winning hits, game winning rbi and his team is 9 games behind Rizzos team. Most VALUABLE means,adds value. It doesnt,mean guy with best stats. Sorry but Harper hasn't added the most value or his team wouldn't be getting stomped out by a team that Rizzo is 7 and 0 against. VALUE as in valuable. Valuable as in amounts to something. Amounts to something as in not missing the playoffs.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just grasping at straws at this point.

And just being a gigantic homer.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starling Marte has the most GW RBI in the NL. Give him NL MVP.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just grasping at straws at this point.
Nope. I have said the entire time that you can't be MVP if your,team doesn't make the playoffs. It's stupid as shit to think you should. Baseball is the only sport where dumb asses think otherwise. You can't possibly be the most valuable,player in the league if your team stinks. It's insane to me that anyone can't see that. If you want to call him the best player in the NL then that's fine but it sure as shit doesn't make him the mvp. Best pitcher in baseball is Kershaw but he ain't winning the cy young.

And just being a gigantic homer.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starling Marte has the most GW RBI in the NL. Give him NL MVP.
If he was having a great year then I'd be on board because his team is great

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15b.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people's Homers come in games within 4 runs because 4 runs is a huge lead in baseball. Doesn't prove shit. What I know is he trails Rizzo in game winning hits, game winning rbi and his team is 9 games behind Rizzos team. Most VALUABLE means,adds value. It doesnt,mean guy with best stats. Sorry but Harper hasn't added the most value or his team wouldn't be getting stomped out by a team that Rizzo is 7 and 0 against. VALUE as in valuable. Valuable as in amounts to something. Amounts to something as in not missing the playoffs.

If 4 runs is a "huge lead" at any point during a game how can pitching one inning with a 3 run lead be considered a situation where "the game is on the line"?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 4 runs is a "huge lead" at any point during a game how can pitching one inning with a 3 run lead be considered a situation where "the game is on the line"?
Because most closing situations aren't 3 run leads. They're one or 2 run leads. That's why half of all games are decided by 1 or 2 runs. And why closing is so valuable. Plus saying within 4 runs could mean up or down 4 and that's a giant difference.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia: Despite having one of the top fifty offensive seasons in the history of the game, Harper is not valuable because Strasburg, Gonzalez and Fister are all of performing well below their career norms.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia: Despite having one of the top fifty offensive seasons in the history of the game, Harper is not valuable because Strasburg, Gonzalez and Fister are all of performing well below their career norms.

He's been distracting them with his hair flipping.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because most closing situations aren't 3 run leads. They're one or 2 run leads. That's why half of all games are decided by 1 or 2 runs. And why closing is so valuable. Plus saying within 4 runs could mean up or down 4 and that's a giant difference.

The number you cited earlier was 5%. You said that 95% of the time when a closer comes in the game is on the line, no?

Want to know what the actual number is?

Actually let's start with this. Who do you think has been the most valuable closer in baseball this year?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia: finally, I'd like to add that the "R" in my name stands for retarded.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, Game winning hits Needs a team to actually WIN... A player on a team that wins more has more opportunities to get that winning hit...

I showed you earlier, that in tied games Harper was better than Rizzo... Isn't what a player does during the game more important than the outcome of that hit after the fact??

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number you cited earlier was 5%. You said that 95% of the time when a closer comes in the game is on the line, no?

Want to know what the actual number is?

Actually let's start with this. Who do you think has been the most valuable closer in baseball this year?

I picked someone for you, if you'd like to look at someone else we can.

Trevor Rosenthal has faced 254 batters this season. Of those 254 PAs, 89 came while the Cardinals were either leading or trailing by more than 2 runs. That's about 35% of his playing time.

The numbers were a little better last season but not significantly different, 85 out of 308 PAs came in situations where the lead/deficit was greater than 2 runs, giving us a two year total of 174 for 562, about 31% of his playing time. If a 4 run lead with 5 innings left is already out of reach then how would you label this 31% of Rosenthal's appearances?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL MVP:
1. Josh Donaldson
2. Mike Trout
3. Lorenso Cain

NL MVP:
1. Bryce Harper
2. Buster Posey
3. Paul Goldschmidt

AL CYA:
1. Dallas Keuchel
2. Sonny Gray
3. David Price

NL CYA:
1. Zach Greinke
2. Jake Arrieta
3. Clayton Kershaw

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper's amazing season can't control guys like Fister, Werth, Desmond, Zimmerman, Strasburg, Rendon, and Span all having down seasons and/or getting hurt for significant amounts of time. He should be MVP for the fact that the Nats still could win their division with how underwhelming most of the team has been this season(even their ace Max has fallen off since his no hitter). I get they were WS favorites and supposed to dominate the East but that was when they expected to have their starters playing and performing the way they have throughout their careers. Rizzo hasn't had to deal with as much adversity on the Cubs, how many of their top players have missed significant time due to injuries? Soler, Baez, and Montero are the only 3 I can really think of and I wouldn't even classify any of them as top players yet. The rotation seems to have been healthy this year for the most part, and it doesn't seem like many of their key players are having down seasons based off their career numbers. Rizzo is having a great season and I'd have him in the top 5 for MVP(put him top 3 when I first posted in this thread), but I don't want to give the MVP to him over Harper because his team has been more fortunate this year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word here is TEAM. Harper has been incredible but he can't win games by himself and neither can Rizzo. Rizzo has a better TEAM and it's not because he brings more value than Harper.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge series for the Cubs against the Cards. In 2 games Rizzo 3 for 7, 4 RBI, HR.... Biggest series of the year for the Nats Harper 0 for 8... yeah valuable... THAT is what valuable means

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think how a guy performs in his teams biggest games is a factor in how valuable he is then clearly you don't watch much sports