• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: Last throw by Kap to Crabtree

Final throw by Kaepernick to Crabtree - more to blame

• Total voters

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, limited options here: Kap sucks or Kap sucks.

I vote for neither one your vote options:

1. I believe that Kap and the coaches got the look they wanted. With that, he went where he should have gone. You don't come off your first read if all looks like what you wanted. They wanted Crabs one on one with a clean release and thats what they got. There was nothing wrong with his decision to go there.

2. It would have taken a near-perfect throw to complete the pass, but the throw was not bad.

3. Sherman had to make an all-world athletic move, whirling around to get his hand in just the perfect spot to knock it down.

4. My vote: okay play by Niners, better play by defense. Ya know, that happens sometimes.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. I believe that Kap and the coaches got the look they wanted. With that, he went where he should have gone. You don't come off your first read if all looks like what you wanted. They wanted Crabs one on one with a clean release and thats what they got. There was nothing wrong with his decision to go there.

2. It would have taken a near-perfect throw to complete the pass, but the throw was not bad.

3. Sherman had to make an all-world athletic move, whirling around to get his hand in just the perfect spot to knock it down.

4. My vote: okay play by Niners, better play by defense. Ya know, that happens sometimes.

I don't agree with 2, or 3. If anything the throw is behind Crabtree. it was thrown to him, instead of where he is going. That is what allowed sherman to even make a play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sure you've already heard about Harbaugh's opinion about delay of the game penalties. That's more of a coaching issue.

It's still up to the QB to make sure the ball is snapped or he calls a time out. It's clock awareness, and he has none.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm a grammar Nazi. My apologies. Wasn't trying to be persnickety...

I just did address the defense. They gave up 23 points despite 2 turnovers near mid field. The defense isn't perfect by any means, but I've talked about those issues at length.

Whitner: can't cover. Don't care what PFF says; he can't cover. I've seen him get burned enough to know that. I was pissed the Niners brought him back for 2013.

The CBs the Niners had this year are pretty average; it's a position of need. Clearly. I wanted the Niners to cut Rogers & sign DRC to a long-term contract in the offseason.

I was beyond frustrated the Niners didn't find a way to fit Richard Seymour on the team at least towards the end of the season; DL depth was an issue even before Ian Williams got hurt.

But the defense did great. The loss is entirely DumbDumb's fault. Why? Delay of game on 3rd & short with 3 time outs. :poke:

I can't agree with this at all. The D had some nice stands deep in Niners territory, but 23 points is a lot to give up in Seattle. It would have been expecting a lot for our offense to go in there and score 20+. All told, I was much more disappointed with the D than the offense. Though the total lack of a run game was also disappointing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I can't agree with this at all. The D had some nice stands deep in Niners territory, but 23 points is a lot to give up in Seattle.

Even when they turned the ball over at the Seattle 44 and the 49ers' 40 respectively?

Aldon also gave the offense an extra possession on the first play of the game. The D out-played the O by a huge margin.

And the defense didn't make stupid, inexcusable mistakes. Did it make a few bad plays? Sure. But it didn't do anything like blatantly hit a guy out of bounds or something like that. I'm talking about mistakes that are completely within a player's own control. Like not calling a time out with 1 second left on the play clock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The most points Seattle allowed at home this year was 24. Expecting us to go in and equal or surpass that is asking an awful lot.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The most points Seattle allowed at home this year was 24. Expecting us to go in and equal or surpass that is asking an awful lot.

You're right. But asking the offense to turn the ball over maybe 1 or 0 times isn't asking a whole lot. And all 3 of the turnovers were 100% DumbDumb's fault. ESPECIALLY the first pick because it was his fault it was 3rd & 6 instead of 3rd & 1.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even when they turned the ball over at the Seattle 44 and the 49ers' 40 respectively?

Aldon also gave the offense an extra possession on the first play of the game. The D out-played the O by a huge margin.

And the defense didn't make stupid, inexcusable mistakes. Did it make a few bad plays? Sure. But it didn't do anything like blatantly hit a guy out of bounds or something like that. I'm talking about mistakes that are completely within a player's own control. Like not calling a time out with 1 second left on the play clock.

The D certainly played better than the O. But that was a given considering the caliber of the opponent on either side of the ball. They needed to play mistake free, and they didn't come close.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're right. But asking the offense to turn the ball over maybe 1 or 0 times isn't asking a whole lot. And all 3 of the turnovers were 100% DumbDumb's fault. ESPECIALLY the first pick because it was his fault it was 3rd & 6 instead of 3rd & 1.

I don't disagree. Kap collapsed down the stretch. But the D had a shitty second half.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just want to point out again that things started to fall apart right when Mike Iupati got hurt. People don't realize how important he is to a Harbaugh offense.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! The look they wanted was Sherman inside Crabtree's jersey? I could just see them game planning that. Must have gone something like this:

Harbaugh: "OK Roman, if we ever get Crabtree wearing Sherman like a jersey let's throw it up for grabs and see what happens".

Roman": "Got it chief"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. Kap collapsed down the stretch. But the D had a shitty second half.

They really did. Seattle dominated the line of scrimmage in the second half and the 49er D had several huge gaffes including giving up 4th and 8, 3rd and 23. It was not good. That is where the diffference in coaching showed up. Seattle made quality half time adjustments, The Niners made none.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense had two huge meltdowns that led to two touchdowns, so they were as costly as possible. I'm not going to say they did well, those things should not have happened,

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The issue in the SuperBowl and in the NFC Championship games came down to execution. The execution of the defense and offensive teams, not to mention the special teams being less than special. If the team played a complete game, they could have won both games. This could have been a chance at a repeat. They now stand here not winning a single thing, because the defense could not help the offense and the offense being put in do or die situations with a rookie and 1st year QB. The QB is a good player but not all worldly special at this moment. His teammates did not pick up the slack and made this worse. The special teams gave away points and field position throughout both games and when you are trying to play perfect games on both sides, field position is crucial. They shit the bed and have to live with it, period.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true that there were too many mistakes, which is what happened in last year Super Bowl, in every facet. Offense defense and special teams.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to point out again that things started to fall apart right when Mike Iupati got hurt. People don't realize how important he is to a Harbaugh offense.

If Adam Snyder wasn't blowing the coaching staff then I think the dropoff wouldn't be so dramatic if a capable guy was in there instead. Iupati was pretty blah this year and yes I know he was gimpy here and there.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Adam Snyder wasn't blowing the coaching staff then I think the dropoff wouldn't be so dramatic if a capable guy was in there instead. Iupati was pretty blah this year and yes I know he was gimpy here and there.

In the Seattle game in SF, with the aforementioned Adam Synder the 9ers ran the ball effectively, though not great. In the NFC championship game the 9ers ran well because of their QB. We need to upgrade our interior line. I would love to swap Davis and Boone. I would love to get a Swanson Hungry man for center. Iupati needs to get lower on his leverages. He is standing to upright and his opposition is getting the better of him sometimes. Hope for a better year and health for the big guy.