• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: Last throw by Kap to Crabtree

Final throw by Kaepernick to Crabtree - more to blame

• Total voters

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:gaah:

It WAS thrown to the back pylon! How could a deeper throw have helped the situation when Sherman was DEEPER THAN CRABTREE WAS!!??!! (imagine the Nicholas Cage, yelling at the end of the sentence inflection there). Plus Sherman is faster than Crabtree by a decent margin, so if the ball were deeper Sherman would have just run to it before Crabtree could have gotten it.

And if he would've thrown it a couple of feet to the right Sherman would have just run to it before Crabtree would have anyway; only then it would have been much easier for Sherman to have forced him out of bounds if the ball somehow got through Sherman's perfect coverage. If Sherman were any closer to Crabtree he would have actually entered his body like a spirit and possessed him. The only possible good way to throw to Crabtree in that situation would have been a comeback route, and even that would've been an extremely retarded decision considering the coverage.

That decision was a perfect 10 on the dumbass scale.

lol, great post

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's the coverage on Crabtree from another angle:

hrb.gif

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has Davis, he just doesn't know how to get the ball to him. If Boldin leaves, the Niners will draft a receiver.

Come on Ty Ty. Davis had 52 catches, 850 yards, and 13 TDs. For a TE who sometimes struggles catching the ball, has been streaky throughout his career, and was hurt for a few games (not to mention our most dangerous offensive weapon so he probably got a lot of attention from opposing defenses), that's a lot of production. He doesn't not know how to get the ball to Davis.

Boldin also had one of the best years of his career, and his best year in recent memory. I can't see him wanting to leave as easily as you make it seem.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis really isn't that good.

In spite of all his goofy stiffness and inconsistency, he's easily a top 2 TE (perhaps only top 3 if Gronkowski is healthy). Deep threat, red zone target, great blocker.

Not sure who you're watching, are you sure you're talking about Vernon Davis and not some other Davis?

Speaking of TEs- outside of his inconsistent hands I am very excited about Vance McDonald. Very good, willing blocker, huge target, good speed. If Kap ever learns that there is more than 1 read I think our double TE sets could really be something.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I haven't seen a single post from Sickness commenting on the defensive breakdowns that lead to Seattle scoring. Please don't tell me he's been blinded by Kap's questionable last pass.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I haven't seen a single post from Sickness commenting on the defensive breakdowns that lead to Seattle scoring. Please don't tell me he's been blinded by Kap's questionable last pass.

Led. Lead is an element...

It's not even the pass. It's his blatant lack of intelligence that bugs me. And the pass was more than just "questionable;" it was a perfect example of how he can't play QB and think at the same time.

And the defense only gave up 23 points despite NumbNuts turning the ball over near mid-field. That's pretty damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
*Edit: meant to say he turned the ball over twice near mid-field.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Led. Lead is an element...

It's not even the pass. It's his blatant lack of intelligence that bugs me. And the pass was more than just "questionable;" it was a perfect example of how he can't play QB and think at the same time.

And the defense only gave up 23 points despite NumbNuts turning the ball over near mid-field. That's pretty damn good.

C'mon man. I'm pretty good with grammar in general. Like others have said, posting on the phone can be a pain at times. You know I meant to say "led."

P.S. I haven't seen you address the defensive mistakes much. Not saying you don't have a point about Kap though. I'm just as annoyed with Kap as you are.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
C'mon man. I'm pretty good with grammar in general. Like others have said, posting on the phone can be a pain at times. You know I meant to say "led."

P.S. I haven't seen you address the defensive mistakes much. Not saying you don't have a point about Kap though. I'm just as annoyed with Kap as you are.

I'm a grammar Nazi. My apologies. Wasn't trying to be persnickety...

I just did address the defense. They gave up 23 points despite 2 turnovers near mid field. The defense isn't perfect by any means, but I've talked about those issues at length.

Whitner: can't cover. Don't care what PFF says; he can't cover. I've seen him get burned enough to know that. I was pissed the Niners brought him back for 2013.

The CBs the Niners had this year are pretty average; it's a position of need. Clearly. I wanted the Niners to cut Rogers & sign DRC to a long-term contract in the offseason.

I was beyond frustrated the Niners didn't find a way to fit Richard Seymour on the team at least towards the end of the season; DL depth was an issue even before Ian Williams got hurt.

But the defense did great. The loss is entirely DumbDumb's fault. Why? Delay of game on 3rd & short with 3 time outs. :poke:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm a grammar Nazi. My apologies. Wasn't trying to be persnickety...

I just did address the defense. They gave up 23 points despite 2 turnovers near mid field. The defense isn't perfect by any means, but I've talked about those issues at length.

Whitner: can't cover. Don't care what PFF says; he can't cover. I've seen him get burned enough to know that. I was pissed the Niners brought him back for 2013.

The CBs the Niners had this year are pretty average; it's a position of need. Clearly. I wanted the Niners to cut Rogers & sign DRC to a long-term contract in the offseason.

I was beyond frustrated the Niners didn't find a way to fit Richard Seymour on the team at least towards the end of the season; DL depth was an issue even before Ian Williams got hurt.

But the defense did great. The loss is entirely DumbDumb's fault. Why? Delay of game on 3rd & short with 3 time outs. :poke:

I get what you are trying to say, but you are spending a lot of energy focusing on "DumbDumb." I'm sure you've already heard about Harbaugh's opinion about delay of the game penalties. That's more of a coaching issue. Kap has a lot to improve on and I won't argue about that. I'm just as annoyed at his mistakes as anybody is. It also helps to realize that this is Kap's first full season as a starter. On the other side of the ball, Reid whiffed on Lynch's TD as well as jumping a bit too early on a large pass completion. Not to mention, he was the exact cause for Bowman's injury. He came from the far side with a full head of steam and didn't realize that Bowman had already wrapped up his man. But you don't see me complaining about Reid. I'm amazed at what he's done this season and I'm looking forward to what he can do in the future. Now think about this: Is it fair to criticize a 2nd year QB or a rookie safety more? The answer is neither because both positions have a large learning curve.

You want Whitner out of the team. Let me know a case when a rookie and 2nd year safety have been involved in a super bowl winning team.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And before anyone corrects me, I meant to say 2nd year "starting" QB. Thank you very much.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are trying to say, but you are spending a lot of energy focusing on "DumbDumb." I'm sure you've already heard about Harbaugh's opinion about delay of the game penalties. That's more of a coaching issue. Kap has a lot to improve on and I won't argue about that. I'm just as annoyed at his mistakes as anybody is. It also helps to realize that this is Kap's first full season as a starter. On the other side of the ball, Reid whiffed on Lynch's TD as well as jumping a bit too early on a large pass completion. Not to mention, he was the exact cause for Bowman's injury. He came from the far side with a full head of steam and didn't realize that Bowman had already wrapped up his man. But you don't see me complaining about Reid. I'm amazed at what he's done this season and I'm looking forward to what he can do in the future. Now think about this: Is it fair to criticize a 2nd year QB or a rookie safety more? The answer is neither because both positions have a large learning curve.

You want Whitner out of the team. Let me know a case when a rookie and 2nd year safety have been involved in a super bowl winning team.

1981 49ers is pretty damn close. I believe 3 rookies and a 3rd year player were the starters in the defensive backfield.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1981 49ers is pretty damn close. I believe 3 rookies and a 3rd year player were the starters in the defensive backfield.

Yeah, but you don't see people criticizing the 1981 team. (Sarcasm Alert)

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Polls are starting to sway a lot more in what I thought it was going to be. Started out pretty evenly surprisingly

All the smart posters mustve started voting

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It looks like a lot of the non-Niners posters voted the same way. That explains some of the disparity. I think this board has been 50/50 on this issue.