• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: Last throw by Kap to Crabtree

Final throw by Kaepernick to Crabtree - more to blame

• Total voters

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was showing someone how open Boldin was, then I voted during the discussion.

tumblr_m19pb9lcCu1qfnnjfo2_400.gif

:suds:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrendous, panic-driven decision by Kaepernick.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrendous, panic-driven decision by Kaepernick.

I'd argue the opposite. Though the game was winding down, SF was moving the chains well enough.

That throw screams out how cock sure a QB Kaepernick is. Like I remember from watching Elway, Kaepernick believes he can accomplish almost any throw at any time, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree (the prior TD completion in which he was scrambling, jumped in the air and threw a 30 yard dart, was simply insane).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue the opposite. Though the game was winding down, SF was moving the chains well enough.
That throw screams out how cock sure a QB Kaepernick is. Like I remember from watching Elway, Kaepernick believes he can accomplish almost any throw at any time, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree (the prior TD completion in which he was scrambling, jumped in the air and threw a 30 yard dart, was simply insane).

Which is why I call this a "panic" throw. There was plenty of time and they were moving the ball. No reason to throw up a prayer on that play with that much time left.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the play that decided the Super Bowl winner... It was that close... I don't think Denver would a faired well against you guy's either... My only concern would a been the loss of Bowman who obviously is a solid player for you guy's... Watching that play again though Seattle did drop back and left the underneath stuff open.... Kap shouldn't have thrown that ball where he did... No reason to challenge Sherman on that play... Obviously I"m glad he did though.. :] We'll continue the drama soon enough...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the play that decided the Super Bowl winner... It was that close... I don't think Denver would a faired well against you guy's either... My only concern would a been the loss of Bowman who obviously is a solid player for you guy's... Watching that play again though Seattle did drop back and left the underneath stuff open.... Kap shouldn't have thrown that ball where he did... No reason to challenge Sherman on that play... Obviously I"m glad he did though.. :] We'll continue the drama soon enough...

underneath(2-3 guys IIRC) and a kap bullet to Boldin in the endzone... more of a window there than where he did threw it to...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I call this a "panic" throw. There was plenty of time and they were moving the ball. No reason to throw up a prayer on that play with that much time left.

not panic... just fucking stupid.... a stupid decision led to stupid results....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bowman is more than a solid player. He's probably the best inside linebacker in the game.

Bison645

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great throw, Sherman made a great play, and Crabtree got beat. Boldin makes that a touchdown 9/10 times. Watch the play, Sherman is quicker on his turn than Crabtree. Total bummer, but the throw was where only a super defensive play could stop it. Hopefully Crabtree doesn't let Sherman beat him like that again.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great throw, Sherman made a great play, and Crabtree got beat. Boldin makes that a touchdown 9/10 times. Watch the play, Sherman is quicker on his turn than Crabtree. Total bummer, but the throw was where only a super defensive play could stop it. Hopefully Crabtree doesn't let Sherman beat him like that again.

LOL!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman is more than a solid player. He's probably the best inside linebacker in the game.

Well that's my point... That would a hurt your chances vs Denver had you guy's gotten there... Whether he's the best or not is a matter of opinion... But we can agree he's very good..

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The throw screams out stupidity nonetheless. Cock strong or no, he shouldn't have made that throw. Throw it out of bounds and live another play.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The throw screams out stupidity nonetheless. Cock strong or no, he shouldn't have made that throw. Throw it out of bounds and live another play.

For sure. Please make no mistake, I agree Kaepernick's decision was both ignorant and arrogant, because Sherman was RIGHT with Crab the entire play. It isn't like the coverage confused Kaepernick, it plainly shows Kaepernick thinking "Fuck Sherman, I can do this shit and look like a hero" buuuuuut he failed.

That being said, Malcolm Smith deserves a lot of credit for reading Kaepernick's eyes and breaking coverage in order to put himself into a position to do the exact fucking right thing on the play, which was to offer another pair of hands in proper position in the chance of a tip drill. I often find myself watching Smith more than Crabtree/Sherman on that play.

Fault lies with Kaepernick for poor decision making during a play in which he was under no duress, where he could have easily chosen from 2-3 other different options (re: Boldin, dump off to Hunter, or scramble) that would have resulted in decent-to-large amounts of forward progress for the Niners, placing them in a really good spot for a potential win, but if it wasn't for that FUCK HEAD ASSHOLE, Malcolm Smith, the play would have only been an incomplete pass.

(Now, why isn't there a smiley that would properly convey my emotions? That is... a smiley showing laughing-turn-into-sobbing, or yelling-turn-into-laughing-turn-into-sobbing?)

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's my point... That would a hurt your chances vs Denver had you guy's gotten there... Whether he's the best or not is a matter of opinion... But we can agree he's very good..

I think the 49ers would have struggled against Denver more than Seattle did regardless of whether they had Bowman or not. Seattle was at the top of their game in that one; very impressive.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??? It was a great throw? The fade route pass that wasn't going to lead Crabtree even if there wasn't a defender there? The pass that, if it hadn't been touched at all, would have landed inside the endzone? No, it wasn't a great throw. It wasn't even a good throw. That throw should have had several feet more air/arc under it. It should have gone to where only Crabtree could get a hand on it, and even then would have had to make a nice play to do so and stay in bounds. That would be a pretty good throw on a comeback route. It's not a good throw at all on the fade.

There's no doubt that Sherman completely blanketed Crabtree. He anticipated the play call, played incredible D, and made a huge play. Maybe you can argue that Crabtree should have run the route better, and really sold the double move. But he didn't, and when Kaepernick threw it, it was clear that Crabtree had lost. The decision to throw the ball in those circumstances falls entirely on the QB, IMO. As Kap himself acknowledged afterward, he decided before the play to throw it to Crabtree, and Sherman's blanket coverage didn't change his mind. Add in that Kap threw a bad ball, and I'd say the blame scale is somewhere around Kaepernick 97.6%, Crabtree 2.4%.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the 49ers would have struggled against Denver more than Seattle did regardless of whether they had Bowman or not. Seattle was at the top of their game in that one; very impressive.

I agree it would have been closer, but Seattle absolutely destroyed Denver's OL. I think our front seven would have enjoyed similar success.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a horrible read. I mean look at the receiver on the top side of screen. He is wide open just standing on the sideline since Seattle was playing a zone defense and dropped back. Kaep looks Crabs way and fakes a deep throw then goes to the receiver on the sideline and we easily get close to 10 yards and out of bounds. Instead he forces a deep ball to a receiver that never even got separation.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor throw.

Had it been deeper and to the outside shoulder, TD.

Aim for the corner next time Kap.