• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: Last throw by Kap to Crabtree

Final throw by Kaepernick to Crabtree - more to blame

• Total voters

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a poor decision. Crabtree was completely blanketed by Sherman. I would have love for Kap to move to his left and hit Patton for a short pass. Davis could have done a better job blocking Avril. I would like to see Kap complete more passes to the RB's. Moreno had 60 receptions this year. Take what the defense gives you.

I think this might be a normal arc for a player to go through in getting experience. Alex Smith said that he made his change after that "we want Carr" moment. He started to take what the defense gave him at that moment. Before that, he said he was pressing, he was trying to make a play because the coaches wouldn't give him much coaching. Kaepernick comes here due in part to his ability to dictate to defenses. He has a strong arm, a lot of confidence, and is less experienced.

If he had come here and just took what the defense gave him, Smith may have been back after the concussion. Harbaugh does take his chances, but I think that he wouldn't have had as much support to do what he did if Kaepernick came over and checked down. I think that Kaepernick played with house money against Chicago and New Orleans. He knew that he was either back to the backup spot or he could take over. The reason why I believe this is because he was taking a lot of chances before and now Roman has been very conservative. Kaepernick has not gotten worse in taking chances, I think he's taking coaching. I think he'll come around at some point. Then, we'ill get the best of both worlds plus running ability.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily a poor decision from my POV. Even in the huddle if Kap/Harbs said to hit Crabtree, it should go without saying that if he ain't open go elsewhere....

Kap just threw it... didn't even fucking flinch. He just threw without looking at Boldin(much more open than Crabs), Patton(even the 12th man wasn't around), Davis(checkish but better option than Crabs being guarded tight by Sherman)

As for the no time in the pocket, thats BS. He had time to make a throw after passing up option 1 which was Crabtree....

After more and more replays I'm not sure if Crabtree was expecting the ball based on Shermans coverage. He may knew he was getting it presnap but after NO seperation he probably thought Kap saw the same thing, oh wait he threw it, sh*t....

Im sorry 100% wrong. Its a fact that he only had 1 read. Kap got hit on the play and if he moved up the LB was right there. Kap had to wait for Crabtree double move. THat was the play. after the double move Crabtree separated himself enough where Kap felt like he can make the play. He threw in on the wrong side of crabtree. That play is suppose to be a play that the WR only can make if not its Incomplete.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say poor throw because both the QB and HC said it was the right read and Crabtree had Sherman beat. Kap said it was a bad throw so I have to go with bad throw.

I think he only had 1 read before he got sacked so if the play called for Crabtree to be option 1 then he was going there if he had no time to go through his 2nd read.

When has Harbaugh said Kap was wrong? or Even Alex? He doesn't and thats no biggie but you cant take it for gold.

When has Kap ever said he was wrong? He's said he needs to be better and after the game he called himself out for costing the game.

Remember when Dilfer called him OUT early in the season for the same sh*t on that final play? What was Kap's response? Everyone is wrong but him.... I'm stubborn and I know stubborn... bad throw 2nd, bad decision first...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public service announcement: if you want to type Kaepernick in your phone, type it correctly the first time. I accidentally wrote Kaepernivk and now my phone wants to change it to that every time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be a normal arc for a player to go through in getting experience. Alex Smith said that he made his change after that "we want Carr" moment. He started to take what the defense gave him at that moment. Before that, he said he was pressing, he was trying to make a play because the coaches wouldn't give him much coaching. Kaepernick comes here due in part to his ability to dictate to defenses. He has a strong arm, a lot of confidence, and is less experienced.

If he had come here and just took what the defense gave him, Smith may have been back after the concussion. Harbaugh does take his chances, but I think that he wouldn't have had as much support to do what he did if Kaepernick came over and checked down. I think that Kaepernick played with house money against Chicago and New Orleans. He knew that he was either back to the backup spot or he could take over. The reason why I believe this is because he was taking a lot of chances before and now Roman has been very conservative. Kaepernick has not gotten worse in taking chances, I think he's taking coaching. I think he'll come around at some point. Then, we'ill get the best of both worlds plus running ability.

I agree. I mean damn guys this was his 1st full season as the starter. He has already helped lead us to a superbowl and we made it to the NFC championship game again. Give the kid a break.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Harbaugh said Kap was wrong? or Even Alex? He doesn't and thats no biggie but you cant take it for gold.

When has Kap ever said he was wrong? He's said he needs to be better and after the game he called himself out for costing the game.

Remember when Dilfer called him OUT early in the season for the same sh*t on that final play? What was Kap's response? Everyone is wrong but him.... I'm stubborn and I know stubborn... bad throw 2nd, bad decision first...

Kap said it was a bad throw. He wanted to throw more in the corner/other shoulder. That was his mistake. Now u want to talk about wrong decision, the Int before was really bad. The last one I can live with.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry 100% wrong. Its a fact that he only had 1 read. Kap got hit on the play and if he moved up the LB was right there. Kap had to wait for Crabtree double move. THat was the play. after the double move Crabtree separated himself enough where Kap felt like he can make the play. He threw in on the wrong side of crabtree. That play is suppose to be a play that the WR only can make if not its Incomplete.

WOW...

1. Kap had NO LB uncovered in 5 yards in front of him, i.e. pocket was clean. He has pressured from the right which Davis did his part to hold off.

2. Kap getting hit had nothing to do with since he stood there without moving his feet. He stays in one place, while another object runs towards him, yes there'll be a hit.. the hit/touch cuz Kap didn't get smacked, had nothing to with it.

3.If Kap can wait for a double move that means he had time to go through progressions which had Patton wide open left side, Had Boldin open up the seam and Boldin turned open before Kap released to Crabtree or could've hit Davis for a gain....

4. Show me where the seperation was created.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap said it was a bad throw. He wanted to throw more in the corner/other shoulder. That was his mistake. Now u want to talk about wrong decision, the Int before was really bad. The last one I can live with.

Did you hear his comments on his first INT? when he said yea I saw him but I thought I could've got it over I was like, no way he just said that sh*t... I was hoping he didn't see him cuz I was like how da fudge did he not see that drop? then he actually admitted seeing and still threw it... well it didn't sit well with me at all....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW...

1. Kap had NO LB uncovered in 5 yards in front of him, i.e. pocket was clean. He has pressured from the right which Davis did his part to hold off.

2. Kap getting hit had nothing to do with since he stood there without moving his feet. He stays in one place, while another object runs towards him, yes there'll be a hit.. the hit/touch cuz Kap didn't get smacked, had nothing to with it.

3.If Kap can wait for a double move that means he had time to go through progressions which had Patton wide open left side, Had Boldin open up the seam and Boldin turned open before Kap released to Crabtree or could've hit Davis for a gain....

4. Show me where the seperation was created.

:laugh3: There was a LB right on the right of him. If he stepped up he was going to get hit. The left was so so but again his whole body was turned to the right. He would of got sacked by the guy that hit him. I don't understand how u don't see that. I just watched it 10 times.

He had to wait for the play to happen. u just don't bail on the play. Also I bet if he turn his whole body and looked for Patton it would have shocked me if the guy coming at him hit the ball out of his hands and it would of been a fumble.

The separation happen right at the double move where Crabtree got ahead of Sherman. If ball was placed at the right spot only crabtree would of been able to make a play.(not saying he would caught it.)Like I said, Im not saying he was wide open but he had him if it was a perfect throw.

Again I blame the play calling because there was no reason to take a risk like that. They were moving the ball fine and had 2 time outs left.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear his comments on his first INT? when he said yea I saw him but I thought I could've got it over I was like, no way he just said that sh*t... I was hoping he didn't see him cuz I was like how da fudge did he not see that drop? then he actually admitted seeing and still threw it... well it didn't sit well with me at all....

I agree with you on that one. I rather have him say I just didn't see him. Now to be fair the same play happen on the next drive and he did throw it over the guy.....when it happen I was like no not again. The difference was the defender was a little further away from the receiver.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: There was a LB right on the right of him. If he stepped up he was going to get hit. The left was so so but again his whole body was turned to the right. He would of got sacked by the guy that hit him. I don't understand how u don't see that. I just watched it 10 times.

He had to wait for the play to happen. u just don't bail on the play. Also I bet if he turn his whole body and looked for Patton it would have shocked me if the guy coming at him hit the ball out of his hands and it would of been a fumble.

The separation happen right at the double move where Crabtree got ahead of Sherman. If ball was placed at the right spot only crabtree would of been able to make a play.(not saying he would caught it.)Like I said, Im not saying he was wide open but he had him if it was a perfect throw.

Again I blame the play calling because there was no reason to take a risk like that. They were moving the ball fine and had 2 time outs left.

What LB? you talking the rusher from Davis' side?

There was no one in front of him before the delivery. Kap never moved his feet thus making him a target... step into what? air? He had no one coming from the center or left side, if you're saying stepping into the right side, then yes thats a no no.

He can have his first read but the greats or competent QBs that tend to make playoff appearances usually turn their head. Crabs wasn't open before or after double move, move on. Look elsewhere which he had sufficient time to do so. Kap needed to adjust away from his first read which has been a flaw of his this entire season... its upsetting to see its head resurface like that in the most pivotal moment.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on that one. I rather have him say I just didn't see him. Now to be fair the same play happen on the next drive and he did throw it over the guy.....when it happen I was like no not again. The difference was the defender was a little further away from the receiver.

yeah when he did that again, i screamed at him for not learning anything and being lucky.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have to say poor throw because both the QB and HC said it was the right read and Crabtree had Sherman beat. Kap said it was a bad throw so I have to go with bad throw.

I think he only had 1 read before he got sacked so if the play called for Crabtree to be option 1 then he was going there if he had no time to go through his 2nd read.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??? Are we watching the same play?

They say it was the right read because it was single coverage, not because Crabtree was open.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no blinders. he throws it to the other shoulder Crabtree is the only one that has a shot at the ball. Im not saying he was wide open but Sherman was in panic mode. Crabtree had him turned around.

Wow! Sherman was right where he always is, covering the receiver like a blanket.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He couldn't move up to hit Patton there was a LB waiting for him.

He had 3 options: Throw it to Crabtree, Get sacked or throw it away. Yes the best one would of been throw it away but Crabtree had Sherman. It was just a bad throw. It happens.

BS. An elite QB would have come off Crabtree as soon as Sherman stuck with his first move. That would have allowed ample time to find another receiver. That said, throwing it away would have been the better decision than throwing to Crabtree.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Overall I blame it on the play calling. No reason to go for it all. Had 2 time outs and we were moving the ball.

You're such a Kaepernick apologist. The play call was fine. They were on the 18. They were moving down the field. Take a shot in the endzone, if it's open. That's up to the QB. As Young said on KNBR after Kap's pass, when the ball leaves your hand, it's on the QB. Kap had other options. He disregarded them and tried to force a ball against a very good corner. And it cost him and the team the game. It wasn't an unforgivable decision; Sherman and the LB both made very good plays. But it was a poor decision in that situation.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I feel like I'm talking to a blind man here. The only time Crabtree "separated" was when Sherman broke off to make a play on the ball.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. I mean damn guys this was his 1st full season as the starter. He has already helped lead us to a superbowl and we made it to the NFC championship game again. Give the kid a break.

Yes, he has. His play in the first half led us to a 10-point lead. But he made some crucial mistakes in this one. Everyone seems to realize that but you.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I didn't see that, but if true, it's a major concern IMO. I am still a fan of Kap's, but I don't like many of his post-game comments. It makes me wonder if he's working on the things he needs to work on. That's not squeezing the ball into even tighter windows. It's seeing the larger windows and throwing into them before they close.