• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUman trafficking of these women works because they fear deportation more than they fear what is being done to them. Think about it for a moment. If they show up and say, Im here illegally and Im being trafficked. They risk deportation and DEATH once they are deported. YOu will do alot of horrible shit if the difference is death.

Again, take away the fear of deportation and you take away the incentive to commit crimes in order to stay here.

They get raped on the way here. Take away their incentive for coming here and they don’t get raped.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CNN reports that DNC Contractor Alexandra Chalupa told DNC operatives that Ukraine offered dirt on the Trump campaign and Chalupa, per @politico, met with Ukrainian diplomats at their DC Embassy where they gave her anti-Manafort docs costing Manafort his job. COLLUSION!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it would, But the reality is.. I dont trust people in this country one bit when it comes to the wall. If they do build the wall, I think they would sooner start shooting people on site rather than build another port of entry. And the reality is, if the ports of entry are there, and people are actually ALLOWED in, then there is no need for a wall.

I know I know... But Israel has a wall. Israel was also a country that was ordered into being at the protest of the Palestinians, and they have that wall for fear that the original owners will forcibly remove them if they dont have said wall.
For the love of god that is plain foolishness

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AOC claims Reagan’s economy “screw(ed) over working class Americans": inflation rate when Reagan took office 12.5%. 3yrs later, down to 3.2%. GDP growth in 1980 was negative-0.3%. By 1984, 7.2%. Reagan’s 1st yr, unemployment 8.5%. His last yr, 5.3%. AOC needs more school !!!
She is the gift that keeps on giving for the GOP.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CNN reports that DNC Contractor Alexandra Chalupa told DNC operatives that Ukraine offered dirt on the Trump campaign and Chalupa, per @politico, met with Ukrainian diplomats at their DC Embassy where they gave her anti-Manafort docs costing Manafort his job. COLLUSION!

COLLUSION...COLLUSION...we have found it...

COLLUSION

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help if you actually had out position correct. No most Democrats do not want every body from every nation in, this is a false narrative spread by the right. We believe in border.security, just.don't believe a wall is the answer.we also believe illegals are human beings.and should.be treated as.such
They are human beings, but would you propose we do? Last month was the largest influx of illegals get caught crossing the southwestern border in over 6 years. Over 50,000 were apprehended by BPS. How would you propose we care for these huge amounts? Would you be willing to house and care for 10 or 12 until we can figure out who they are and what to do with them?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are human beings, but would you propose we do? Last month was the largest influx of illegals get caught crossing the southwestern border in over 6 years. Over 50,000 were apprehended by BPS. How would you propose we care for these huge amounts? Would you be willing to house and care for 10 or 12 until we can figure out who they are and what to do with them?

I think what needs clarification is the difference between apprehended, and processed.

If they come and try to sneak in, run from CPB, then yes thats apprehended.

The majority of these people are actually presenting themselves and requesting asylum. They are doing it at places other than at ports of entry because many have been told at ports of entry that they either cant request asylum/entry.... or to wait in line... These people are not being apprehended, they are being detained.

Side note.. as i find most people that are dead set against this always ask... how many of them are you willing to house. Why should we have to?? Reality is, if they are willing to work, we should give them the opportunity.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what needs clarification is the difference between apprehended, and processed.

The majority of these people are actually presenting themselves and requesting asylum. They are doing it at places other than at ports of entry because many have been told at ports of entry that they either cant request asylum/entry.... or to wait in line... These people are not being apprehended, they are being detained.

Side note.. as i find most people that are dead set against this always ask... how many of them are you willing to house. Why should we have to?? Reality is, if they are willing to work, we should give them the opportunity.
Most are false claims and they are gaming the system

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most wouldnt have to game the system if it wasnt rigged against them.
It’s rigged against them shark ? Laughable . What about people from Asia or Africa or India who can’t simply walk across our border to live on my taxes ? Those people have the system rigged against them

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s rigged against them shark ? Laughable . What about people from Asia or Africa or India who can’t simply walk across our border to live on my taxes ? Those people have the system rigged against them

You know i agree the system is rigged against all the people you just mentioned. But no one is coming here to live off your taxes. Most and I would say damn near all are coming here for a better opportunity. And the majority of people living off your taxes were born here.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit I can't believe you just wrote this. I hear right wing radio hosts say things like "Democrats hate America" or "Obama hates white peope" all day long. It's as if you are totally unaware that PundiFact rated Fox News reporting at sixty percent of their their work as “Mostly False,” “False,” or “Pants on Fire.” FOX's file: | PunditFact It's as if you have totally forgotten how Fox used a pic of Eagles players praying pre-game and reported it as a pretest kneel down during the anthem.

Come on Dad, the fact that you actually believe it's only the MSM who is lying tells the world how biased and skewed your views are on the matter. Your sources are equally biased and untruthful at times as well. So why are your sources any more accurate than mine? They aren't.

Isn't FOX part of the MSM? Honestly, I laugh every time someone refers to the MSM at the exclusion of their own news sources.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1VbBW3X4AIkvUC?format=jpg&name=large

Here, according to LBJ’s own black chauffeur, is how thIs progressive Democratic icon treated blacks. This was AFTER he signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Do left-wing historians still want to contend LBJ had long given up the racism of his early career?

Some on this board tried to sell me on the big switch lie

There's no doubt that LBJ was a locked-in southern racist, NO DOUBT, but again in politics you support those who best serve you best. This is as true now as it was then and why Trump gets little or no love from people who don't benefit from his policies...the majority of the country!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the question is still valid. What do we do with them when they try and cross? Put them at the Ritz? I keep hearing how we are being inhumane. The reality is you can’t handle these huge numbers and give them the quality of life that some on the left seem to believe we must. It’s just not realistic. Sure, we can try and keep families together. But that is not even easy as one might think. We are seeing an increase in illegals grabbing kids and presenting them as their own to get better treatment once here. And most real families have no documentation that they are in fact families, so we can’t tell who is who.

It’s so easy to sit in our living rooms and carp about inhumane we are. But until you are overcome with horde of illegals straining all resources, you really have no idea how hard this is.

As for the let them work aspect, that, too, sounds great. But most don’t speak a lick of English so they end up as occasional day workers, and can no way make a wage to take care of themselves, let alone a family. So guess who ends up taking care of them? And this is when the economy is buzzing, like right now. What happens during the next recession when unemployment is 6 or 7% or higher? These jobs disappear like a fart in the wind. Then what do they do?

So your vision of letting all in who want by processing them faster sounds great, but just won’t fly long term.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know i agree the system is rigged against all the people you just mentioned. But no one is coming here to live off your taxes. Most and I would say damn near all are coming here for a better opportunity. And the majority of people living off your taxes were born here.
Shark, what type of work are the majority of those seeking entry to this county going to be doing if the get in legally?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, what type of work are the majority of those seeking entry to this county going to be doing if the get in legally?

The same kind the "Illegals" are doing now. Most go into hospitality services, construction, cooking, cleaning. Some will strive for more.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your solution for border security ?

Trump needs to stop being so damned envious of Obama and go back to the policies/measures Obama had in place that actually created a net zero border crossing. Then he needs to actually do some work involving the shit that's causing people to flee their homes and attempt to find safety here. How about that?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He partially answered this question, and after reading a lot of horse shit posts it's refreshing to read yours, thanks!

Now the answer has to be multi-fold. First there has to be enforcement and massive fines to all who hire and use migrant workers, legal and otherwise. This must be followed by strict competitive wage enforcement to the same, a pathway to citizenship for those who want to stay and are currently not registered as legal migrants. Finally, institute some form of nationalized health care that finally helps reduce inflated costs of things in hospitals that were put into place to make up for absorbing costs associated with the uninsured.

I know that U.S. citizens love to buy cheap things but at some point this country is going to have to tackle the true underlying reasons why we continue to have this problem. The greatness in this country has always been it's ability to self correct and that's been true long before red hats came into vogue.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your solution for border security ?

Now the answer has to be multi-fold. First there has to be enforcement and massive fines to all who hire and use migrant workers, legal and otherwise. This must be followed by strict competitive wage enforcement to the same, a pathway to citizenship for those who want to stay and are currently not registered as legal migrants. Finally, institute some form of nationalized health care that finally helps reduce inflated costs of things in hospitals that were put into place to make up for absorbing costs associated with the uninsured.

I know that U.S. citizens love to buy cheap things but at some point this country is going to have to tackle the true underlying reasons why we continue to have this problem. The greatness in this country has always been it's ability to self correct and that's been true long before red hats came into vogue.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So...if you are told to wait in line, the answer is cross illegally? Got it. If you can’t have your way when you want it, you simply take what you want.

Work where? Doing it your way, when do we run out of jobs for them?

Why can’t they work to make their own countries better?

Status
Not open for further replies.