• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Customs and Border Securitythe vast majority of drugs and illegals come across through the checkpoints, the first step is to improve that situation. Then for the entire border the use of technology, drones, surveillance and of course we need more officers. A whole lot more. And that will cost a fraction of the cost of the wall.

A 2,000 wall will not stop the problem until we improve the check points and improve our surveillance. No all that wall will do is wall off the entire Rio Grande to America and give it to Mexico. Many people in Texas rely on that river to maintain their livelihood. Ranchers, farmers, fishing guides etc not to mention the recreational use of that river that will be simply walled off.

On top of that walling off our boarders is not what this country stands for. It sends a terrible message although I agree with it's intent. Again I am not for open borders and few libs are.

Do you have an actual statement that drugs come through checkpoints more frequently? How can we determine this if we can’t actually track and stop those coming through non-checkpoints?

Has anybody suggested a wall through the Rio Grande?

Really? What message is that? That we are a sovereign nation with legal borders? How has the liberal way worked at stopping illegal crossing of our border? It hasn’t.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOre points of entry. Adequate staffing at ALL points of entry. Adequate documentation for who is coming in.

This means,,

1 Who
2. Why they are coming in
3. Where will they be staying and who is sponsoring them to come into the country

Who pays for these extra points of entry and the man power required for them?

What form of identification is required?

How do we verify their information?

How do we follow up on them not overstaying their welcome?

What happens when they do overstay their welcome?

Should there be a limit to the amount of people coming in?

Is there a legal requirement they need to meet?

Who can sponsor them?

Is the sponsor liable for their actions?

Can the sponsor accept money from them to come here?

How do we verify sponsors are not accepting money?

Is there a limit to the number of people a sponsor can sponsor?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- How is it false? You don’t want the people who have come across illegally to be forced to leave. You don’t want to actually prevent people who make any claim, without proof, that they are actual refugees. Name me a country south of the border, other than Venezuela, who is in a state of war. Why do people from countries seeking asylum not to to the next country in the line for asylum, instead of making the trek through several countries, if the purpose is to flee their own country.

2- Can you show where anybody doesn’t believe illegals are human? Let me ask you this, how are these people being treated as non-human?

3- If more than 50% of the women who make this trip are raped, wouldn’t it be more humane for them to stay in their home country or just go next door?

4- The wall isn’t the solution. It is part of a solution. We obviously can’t have border patrol along the entire southern border, so let me ask this. Having a large obstruction would slow the progress of people trying to cross the border, thus allowing border patrol to stop more people entering illegally, correct? You claim the expense is outrageous for a wall. Let call the expense of the wall ten billion over ten years for easy math. That includes building and upkeep. You say we need more agents, a lot more. Let’s say without a wall, we need ten thousand but with a wall, we need 5,000. We save 250million by needing half the workforce but wait, we also don’t pay their insurance and medical which is likely another 200million. From there, we have fewer border crossing which is less of a strain on our legal system and we save money in the courts. We save money for their basic expenses. The list of savings is never ending.

Again your blanket claims that every lib does not want illegals deported is simply not true. You act as if Sanctuary Cities are the norm and every liberal is in favor of them. We are not. We just feel it's wrong to separate children from their families, we believe they should be treated well. That does not mean we want them all to stay and put a drain on our resources, we just have more compassion for them than the right who are quite frankly treating them as cattle and not humans. As for why they flee to America and not stop at other 3rd world countries along the way it should be obvious. Another impoverished country will be no better, no they are searching the American Dream just as your ancestors once did. But they need to do it legally.

But open borders? No you need to stop believing all the conservative sources and understand the vast majority of liberals understand illegals are a big problem in this country. All I heard during the wall debate was Obama was once for a wall. While that was not true he was clearly in favor of increased border security. Is that the behavior of a Dem who wants open borders and illegals protected? Again no.

As for your wall idea the money could be spent much better with the solutions I provided Dad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again your blanket claims that every lib does not want illegals deported is simply not true. You act as if Sanctuary Cities are the norm and every liberal is in favor of them. We are not. We just feel it's wrong to separate children from their families, we believe they should be treated well. That does not mean we want them all to stay and put a drain on our resources, we just have more compassion for them than the right who are quite frankly treating them as cattle and not humans. As for why they flee to America and not stop at other 3rd world countries along the way it should be obvious. Another impoverished country will be no better, no they are searching the American Dream just as your ancestors once did. But they need to do it legally.

But open borders? No you need to stop believing all the conservative sources and understand the vast majority of liberals understand illegals are a big problem in this country. All I heard during the wall debate was Obama was once for a wall. While that was not true he was clearly in favor of increased border security. Is that the behavior of a Dem who wants open borders and illegals protected? Again no.

As for your wall idea the money could be spent much better with the solutions I provided Dad.
That’s why the House of Representatives voted to allow illegals to vote in our elections

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen any plan that walls off the rio grande .

You are aware that the Rio Grande flows along the Texas/Mexico border right? It is the line that separates the 2 countries along that section of the border. And the wall will be built on our side of the river in Texas. So yeah it will wall off the entire Rio Grande to Americans that rely on that river.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why the House of Representatives voted to allow illegals to vote in our elections

Yeah I wasn't in favor of that and neither were a lot of liberals. You guys need to stop putting us all in the same box, just as you need to learn that not all Muslims are terrorists so banning travel from Muslim nations punishes the masses for the actions of a very small percent of that group.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wasn't in favor of that and neither were a lot of liberals. You guys need to stop putting us all in the same box, just as you need to learn that not all Muslims are terrorists so banning travel from Muslim nations punishes the masses for the actions of a very small percent of that group.
You cast a vote for those people then you support that whether it’s intended or not . You cast a vote for the democratic nominee and they go green new deal then you support that whether it’s intentional or not .you support people who support open borders then that’s what you voted for

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are aware that the Rio Grande flows along the Texas/Mexico border right? It is the line that separates the 2 countries along that section of the border. And the wall will be built on our side of the river in Texas. So yeah it will wall off the entire Rio Grande to Americans that rely on that river.
I have walked right up on it , have you ? And I know they have access to it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that stops some one from simply walking though non points of entry how ?

It doesnt. It gets rid of the need, or desire to sneak in unless someone is actually coming here to break the law. It allows us to use the funds we are currently wasting to try and make people feel unwelcome, to do things like actual border security. We arent then wasting BILLIONS of dollars housing people to try and kick them out of the country when they could be working and assisting in making America better.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who pays for these extra points of entry and the man power required for them?

we do, by shifting the money we are wasting on incarcerating people to actual points of entry.

What form of identification is required?

That would be to be determined. BUt to me its more about knowing when people enter the country and where they are going and why.

How do we verify their information?

Again to be determined. BUt the reality is, the only people who would have a reason to LIE are those either fleeing criminal persecution in their home country, or planning to commit crimes here. Either of which would require us to actually vet them with their home country.

How do we follow up on them not overstaying their welcome?

Whats over staying their welcome is the real question. If they are here, working, paying taxes and a solid member of society, why would we want them to leave??

What happens when they do overstay their welcome?

See my previous answer. If they want to stay, and are contributing to society... Welcome to America period.

Should there be a limit to the amount of people coming in?

Nope. Is there a limit on the number of children you are legally allowed to have??

Is there a legal requirement they need to meet?

Yep. Show up at a point of entry and Register. Give an accurate verifiable place where you will reside, and maintain those records until such time as you either gain citizenship, or leave.

Who can sponsor them?

Naturalized citizens, or blood relatives who are here on a legal residency up to one generation removed. So spouses, kids, siblings and parents unless you are a citizen, at which point you can sponsor anyone.

Is the sponsor liable for their actions?

To a degree. But then are you responsible if your son or daughter does something wrong legally?? I assume in the legal context is what you mean.

Is there a limit to the number of people a sponsor can sponsor?

Is there a number of kids you are legally allowed to have?? There is your answer.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn’t a blanket claim, but it is a claim of what the Democratic Party supports. That is what your party just passed.

Do you have more compassion? You are encouraging people to make a trek that has led to tens of thousands of lives lost and more than 50% of women get raped. Children also end up being trafficked. They could just stay home or go to the country next door. Separating the families is the only way to ensure people show up for their court dates and have them not come here.

You are right...it is obvious as to why thy flee to the US. It has nothing to do with fleeing persecution. They are looking for a free ride. There is a very well known legal way to do it and they refuse.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt. It gets rid of the need, or desire to sneak in unless someone is actually coming here to break the law. It allows us to use the funds we are currently wasting to try and make people feel unwelcome, to do things like actual border security. We arent then wasting BILLIONS of dollars housing people to try and kick them out of the country when they could be working and assisting in making America better.
that is pie in the sky BS . they are coming because the border is so close while other people of color get a dick . and the human trafficking and the drugs are not addressed

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember a time not long ago that shark and DGF and ebb would actually talk about redskins football . we just made a big signing and nothing from either of you 3 . dont get bogged down in BS politics all the time . expand , expand expand :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is pie in the sky BS . they are coming because the border is so close while other people of color get a dick . and the human trafficking and the drugs are not addressed

HUman trafficking of these women works because they fear deportation more than they fear what is being done to them. Think about it for a moment. If they show up and say, Im here illegally and Im being trafficked. They risk deportation and DEATH once they are deported. YOu will do alot of horrible shit if the difference is death.

Again, take away the fear of deportation and you take away the incentive to commit crimes in order to stay here.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is putting you ALL in the same box, but your democratic leaders run the party and this is what they are for. You vote for them, then you are for that.

Nobody has ever said ban all Muslims. Banning people from terrorist supporting nations, that happen to be Muslim majority nations, makes sense. We aren’t banning them because they are amuslim nations. We are banning them because of the nations support of terrorism. Explain why people weren’t upset when Obama was going to ban people from those same nations. It is the hypocrisy that upends every argument you make.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember a time not long ago that shark and DGF and ebb would actually talk about redskins football . we just made a big signing and nothing from either of you 3 . dont get bogged down in BS politics all the time . expand , expand expand :D

Well Im a hockey fan now and have decided the Redskins are doomed until Snyder dies...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hold on. Are you suggesting they NEED to go over an area they know if illegal to cross?

You do realize it would be easy to set up an entry point at a wall?

They are unwelcome as law breakers.

They do not work to enrich our lives...they work to enrich their own.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on. Are you suggesting they NEED to go over an area they know if illegal to cross?

You do realize it would be easy to set up an entry point at a wall?

They are unwelcome as law breakers.

They do not work to enrich our lives...they work to enrich their own.

Sure it would, But the reality is.. I dont trust people in this country one bit when it comes to the wall. If they do build the wall, I think they would sooner start shooting people on site rather than build another port of entry. And the reality is, if the ports of entry are there, and people are actually ALLOWED in, then there is no need for a wall.

I know I know... But Israel has a wall. Israel was also a country that was ordered into being at the protest of the Palestinians, and they have that wall for fear that the original owners will forcibly remove them if they dont have said wall.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we do, by shifting the money we are wasting on incarcerating people to actual points of entry.

That would be to be determined. BUt to me its more about knowing when people enter the country and where they are going and why.

Again to be determined. BUt the reality is, the only people who would have a reason to LIE are those either fleeing criminal persecution in their home country, or planning to commit crimes here. Either of which would require us to actually vet them with their home country.

Whats over staying their welcome is the real question. If they are here, working, paying taxes and a solid member of society, why would we want them to leave??

See my previous answer. If they want to stay, and are contributing to society... Welcome to America period.

Nope. Is there a limit on the number of children you are legally allowed to have??

Yep. Show up at a point of entry and Register. Give an accurate verifiable place where you will reside, and maintain those records until such time as you either gain citizenship, or leave.

Naturalized citizens, or blood relatives who are here on a legal residency up to one generation removed. So spouses, kids, siblings and parents unless you are a citizen, at which point you can sponsor anyone.

To a degree. But then are you responsible if your son or daughter does something wrong legally?? I assume in the legal context is what you mean.

Is there a number of kids you are legally allowed to have?? There is your answer.

1- We will still be incarcerating people because they will need away. They need to go throug the process.

2- So we should know when, trust them on why, and have no way of knowing when they leave?

3- The reality is people aren’t fleeing because of danger. They are fleeing because they believe they will be more comfortable.

4- Why would we want them to come here when we have our own people that can do the same thing? I am all for people coming if we NEED them and they assimilate, showing allegiance to THIS country.

5- I disagree with parents but am cool with the others. Medicare is already unsustainable. The last thing we need is more people that didn’t pay into the system on it.

6- Absolutely not. Society tries to tell me how to raise my children, so why would I be responsible when society screws it up. My children are also citizens. The people being sponsored are not citizens.

7- Nope but I am a citizen. I have a RIGHT to be in this country.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it would, But the reality is.. I dont trust people in this country one bit when it comes to the wall. If they do build the wall, I think they would sooner start shooting people on site rather than build another port of entry. And the reality is, if the ports of entry are there, and people are actually ALLOWED in, then there is no need for a wall.

I know I know... But Israel has a wall. Israel was also a country that was ordered into being at the protest of the Palestinians, and they have that wall for fear that the original owners will forcibly remove them if they dont have said wall.

Even if you don’t trust the people in this country, we have a sovereign right to our borders.

Do you really believe the courts would eat them shoot innocent people on site? Very far-fetched.

Just because you show up to a port of entry, it doesn’t mean you are allowed in.

Israel is a country that was formed because of the genocides throughout history that countries have tried to force on them. Why was Israel formed? The same reason the Us was...freedom from oppression and despotism. They declared themselves their own country. Here is the question...do Muslim countries call for the death of Israel? Does Israel call for the death of Muslim countries? You seem to be all for refugees...unless they are Jews. Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.