• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't be proven either way. I agree with that statement.

I am a statistics guy as you know. Statistically speaking, I would say the trend over the last 50 years has drastically changed with regards to DWB.

And I would say that unless you have been stopped for no other reason than DWB, you can not know how demoralizing that is.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would say that unless you have been stopped for no other reason than DWB, you can not know how demoralizing that is.

The kind of person that would stop you for simply driving while black should not demoralize you at all. You should pity them in their ignorance.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kind of person that would stop you for simply driving while black should not demoralize you at all. You should pity them in their ignorance.

The first or second time maybe.... but in five minutes I turn 48. And I can stay in the house for the next 52 years, and I "MIGHT" only have been stopped because I fit the description once a year in my entire life.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first or second time maybe.... but in five minutes I turn 48. And I can stay in the house for the next 52 years, and I "MIGHT" only have been stopped because I fit the description once a year in my entire life.

I love you Shark but I find it hard to believe you have been stopped that many times for zero reason. I have been pulled over for following an 18 wheeler to closely. I thought it was bullshit, but I just accepted maybe I was.

I am not saying you have never been pulled for literally nothing. I am saying you may have done something but you just don't agree with it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you Shark but I find it hard to believe you have been stopped that many times for zero reason. I have been pulled over for following an 18 wheeler to closely. I thought it was bullshit, but I just accepted maybe I was.

I am not saying you have never been pulled for literally nothing. I am saying you may have done something but you just don't agree with it.

Pulled over, walking. Again dude I totally understand that the concept that IM treated differently because of my skin color in some instances simply can not compute with you because you dont fit the profile. But it happens, a lot more than you would think or be comfortable with if you were subjected to it. And no it wasnt for zero reason, it was because I basically fit the profile. And yes, more often than not that is reason enough in the minds of some.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled over, walking. Again dude I totally understand that the concept that IM treated differently because of my skin color in some instances simply can not compute with you because you dont fit the profile. But it happens, a lot more than you would think or be comfortable with if you were subjected to it. And no it wasnt for zero reason, it was because I basically fit the profile. And yes, more often than not that is reason enough in the minds of some.

I admitted it may have happened...just not 48 times to you...for no reason.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admitted it may have happened...just not 48 times to you...for no reason.

I never claimed to be innocent. But I find it ironic that the two times I have been arrested, I was actually just walking down the street and was told I fit the description of some one who apparently committed a crime. And I would challenge you, find me a black or latino male who grew up in SE DC that has NOT been stopped by the police when walking at night at least once, and I will wager they never left the house at night.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never claimed to be innocent. But I find it ironic that the two times I have been arrested, I was actually just walking down the street and was told I fit the description of some one who apparently committed a crime. And I would challenge you, find me a black or latino male who grew up in SE DC that has NOT been stopped by the police when walking at night at least once, and I will wager they never left the house at night.

I don't doubt you were wrongfully arrested twice.

Now let me pose this question to you. What crime were you accused of based on fitting a description? Now what do you believe the police should do if they are given a description that a person fits?

In fairness, DC is full of crime and has a large percentage of blacks and latinos. Sorry about the semi-joke.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt you were wrongfully arrested twice.

Now let me pose this question to you. What crime were you accused of based on fitting a description? Now what do you believe the police should do if they are given a description that a person fits?

In fairness, DC is full of crime and has a large percentage of blacks and latinos. Sorry about the semi-joke.

Since you asked. The first time breaking and entering. The second time, assault with a deadly weapon and robbery. Both times the description was a black male in his 20's with a high top fade and a leather jacket. If you were in DC in the 80's-90's that was about 75-90% of the young black males in the city. If the description fits 70% of the population, the police should not be given blanket stop and detain rights.

Now let me ask you a question... the last time you were pulled over for any thing. How long did the traffic stop actually take, from pull over to ticket and have a nice day?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you asked. The first time breaking and entering. The second time, assault with a deadly weapon and robbery. Both times the description was a black male in his 20's with a high top fade and a leather jacket. If you were in DC in the 80's-90's that was about 75-90% of the young black males in the city. If the description fits 70% of the population, the police should not be given blanket stop and detain rights.

Now let me ask you a question... the last time you were pulled over for any thing. How long did the traffic stop actually take, from pull over to ticket and have a nice day?

I get that. Why didn't 75% of those people get arrested for that crime? Are you sure that was the entire description? When was the crime committed with regard to when you were stopped? What was the location? Were you actually arrested or were you detained and questioned? So you are bringing up possible misdeeds of 25 years ago? Kinda proves my point.

May I believe. I was driving through Atlanta, keeping up with traffic, and got pulled over. I had out of state tags and I figure that is why I was singled out because I wasn't going to return just to say, yes your honor I was speeding but so was everybody else. It took about 20 minutes. I was doing what everybody else was doing but I was still wrong legally.

So what should cops do then? Should they not question people who fit the decription?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Why didn't 75% of those people get arrested for that crime? Are you sure that was the entire description? When was the crime committed with regard to when you were stopped? What was the location? Were you actually arrested or were you detained and questioned? So you are bringing up possible misdeeds of 25 years ago? Kinda proves my point.

May I believe. I was driving through Atlanta, keeping up with traffic, and got pulled over. I had out of state tags and I figure that is why I was singled out because I wasn't going to return just to say, yes your honor I was speeding but so was everybody else. It took about 20 minutes. I was doing what everybody else was doing but I was still wrong legally.

So what should cops do then? Should they not question people who fit the decription?

Again... when the description fits better than 50% of the population, maybe they should do their jobs and prevent crimes before they happen. But from my experience, more often than not when the suspect is black or latino, the idea is they fit the description and thats good enough. I agree they should question people that fit the description, but I also happen to know that this is a standard line police use when they stop some one to give probable cause to stop some one.

I asked the question on the traffic stop for a simple reason, if a traffic stop takes more than 20 minutes, it generally means that the officer in question is running your information against the national arrest warrant database. I have never had a traffic stop take less than a hour just for point of reference. Odd dont you think?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... when the description fits better than 50% of the population, maybe they should do their jobs and prevent crimes before they happen. But from my experience, more often than not when the suspect is black or latino, the idea is they fit the description and thats good enough. I agree they should question people that fit the description, but I also happen to know that this is a standard line police use when they stop some one to give probable cause to stop some one.

I asked the question on the traffic stop for a simple reason, if a traffic stop takes more than 20 minutes, it generally means that the officer in question is running your information against the national arrest warrant database. I have never had a traffic stop take less than a hour just for point of reference. Odd dont you think?

Except their job is not to prevent crime. It is to enforce law. You can't enforce a law before it is broken. That pesky due process thing.

It is a good line. How do you know it isn't true? How do you know the entire description? Again, what was the timeframe and what was the location from you?

It is odd. When was the last time you were pulled?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except their job is not to prevent crime. It is to enforce law. You can't enforce a law before it is broken. That pesky due process thing.

It is a good line. How do you know it isn't true? How do you know the entire description? Again, what was the timeframe and what was the location from you?

It is odd. When was the last time you were pulled?

I would say four years ago. But considering I work from home three days a week, the odds of me getting pulled over have greatly decreased.

And if the job isnt to prevent crime, what gives them the right to simply stop some one walking down the street at night?? Oh wait, because they fit some vague description for some crime that was committed some where at some time.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say four years ago. But considering I work from home three days a week, the odds of me getting pulled over have greatly decreased.

And if the job isnt to prevent crime, what gives them the right to simply stop some one walking down the street at night?? Oh wait, because they fit some vague description for some crime that was committed some where at some time.

They can stop somebody walking down the street for fitting a description because a crime was committed and they are investigating.

Again, how do you know the decription was vague? Where was the crime committed in relation to your location. When was the crime committed in relation to the time you were arrested?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Sunday night before the game began we watched as Dan Snyder stood as a member of a chain of men, locked arm in arm, supposedly in unity with his players as a protest against something uttered by a politician. The question is why?

What manner of insult was it that compelled him and his fellow franchise owners to step out of their comfortable places and offer such a well covered show of defiance against the words spoken by Mr. Trump?

Could it have been the attack on the mothers of his players or as Trump inferred, the bitches that gave birth to his players? NOPE, Trump has famously said many things that are a lot worse than that with respect to people who do not look like himself. Even after Trump's Charlottesville remarks that forced the resignations of his now disbanded business council, some of the riches dudes in the country, did we get to see Mr. Snyder locking arms in protest against those things? NOPE, we got crickets!!

So what was it? What compelled Mr. Snyder and his ilk to make a stand now?

In that same speech in Alabama......Alabama, let that sink in for a moment, Trump also suggested that the combination of firing the protesters on the spot and no support from fans if they (the owners) didn't do this seemingly struck that one remaining nerve in Mr. Snyder and fellow owners that finally crossed that imaginary line. What line was that Sty?

Well, it goes something like this, when the attack was on one thing, I did nothing. When the attack was on another thing I did nothing. However, when the attack touched or came close to touching my money, the proud, stand up, concerned, flag waving, American citizen in me spoke up!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just signed up for the NFL game pass ...

going to Watch that Raiders game over & over & over ...

like the energizer bunny ...

what ever happened to him ?

upload_2017-9-26_3-56-40.jpeg This is what happened to me:

In September 2016, Energizer switched their advertising agency to Camp+King and introduced a new more expressive bunny who is slimmer and has more facial expression. The bunny will keep the signature drum, flip flops, and dark sunglasses, but the pink fur will be more realistic.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been following this discussion and have stayed out of it but your latest post sparked a question. I'll preface the question by saying I have no idea what your life, Dad's life or a poor black kid who lives in Chicago's life is like. I don't understand your all's challenges and you don't know mine. SO this question is sincere. In response to your statement about police shootings and the "coincidence" that people of color tend to suffer more from such shootings (which I do believe is true), do you think there is a concerted effort by police to react more violently toward minorities?

Yep....we're all thugs!:tsk:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you kinda imply that the reason why some of these persons of color shooting happen is because its acceptable........I have a hard time understanding this. I can't imagine for most cops that any shooting is personally acceptable and something they would much prefer to avoid. I can only imagine that its a life changing event and not for the good. Are their bad apples? I have no doubt. But I also believe that most aren't.

Maybe this will help towards a better understanding:

[PDF]
LAW ENFORCEMENT AND WHITE POWER: AN FBI REPORT …
tmlawreview.org/assets/uploads/2016/07/5-JONES-1.pdf

LAW ENFORCEMENT AND WHITE POWER: AN ... White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement, F.B.I. INTELLIGENCE ASSESSMENT, at 2-3 (Oct. 17, 2006),

and this (My brother is a now retired DCPO, we talk)

BAD COPS: THE CODE OF SILENCE AND THIN BLUE LINE AMERICAN ...
https://theoriginalinsidesports.blog/2015/04/21/bad-cops-the-code...

Status
Not open for further replies.