• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your point? Also, isn’t it possible these kids believe abortion is murder?

Escalate to what point? A kid standing there while a man beats a drum in his face?

What was the kid doing? Tell me what he did wrong. A grown man gets in your face, you are standing there, what do you do?

GK , sharks forgets Baltimore, where the mayor used public funds to bus minority children to Dc to protest gun laws

At 14-18 I had no position on abortion. So IF they are against it, it is because their Parents have told them that they are against it.

At 14-18, if a grown man walked towards me in that situation I would have done what most people not looking for a confrontation would do and get out of his way.

The Kid stood there because he felt he had a right to oppose this man. And you support his actions because you support his beliefs.

As for the mayor of Baltimore, at 14-18 most kids, especially inner city kids DO now about gun violence and if they havent formed an opinion on it I would be shocked. But again you are against it because you are against any sort of gun control.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 14-18 I had no position on abortion. So IF they are against it, it is because their Parents have told them that they are against it.

At 14-18, if a grown man walked towards me in that situation I would have done what most people not looking for a confrontation would do and get out of his way.

The Kid stood there because he felt he had a right to oppose this man. And you support his actions because you support his beliefs.

As for the mayor of Baltimore, at 14-18 most kids, especially inner city kids DO now about gun violence and if they havent formed an opinion on it I would be shocked. But again you are against it because you are against any sort of gun control.

It couldn’t be they have had discussions and made up their own minds, just because you didn’t?

You are in a big group of people. The guy was looking to get in your face. The kid didn’t need to get out of his way...he was well within his rights. Oh...wait...you think we should just let assholes run over us?

The kid had every RIGHT to stand there. He was a part of a legal protest and he was legally standing right there.

I support him because he was right. He was more right than I would have been because he didn’t grab that damn drum and break it.

It is funny how you allow kids to form opinions on guns, which is not murder, but you don’t think Catholic School kids have spoken about abortion. Hypocrite much?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you were catholic you would know why . the kid didnt stand there because he felt he had a right to oppose this man , the man barged in to him . its obvious you didnt see the whole video they were at a march shark and why the fuck is a grown man screwing with kids ?
and yes he had every right to oppose this man its called free speech
and i support his actions because he did NOTHING wrong

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you were catholic you would know why . the kid didnt stand there because he felt he had a right to oppose this man , the man barged in to him . its obvious you didnt see the whole video they were at a march shark and why the fuck is a grown man screwing with kids ?
and yes he had every right to oppose this man its called free speech
and i support his actions because he did NOTHING wrong

Shark doesn’t want to see flaws in the Indian. He wants to see flaws in white people.

I asked him point blank what he did wrong, and all he could come up with was the kid smirked.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark doesn’t want to see flaws in the Indian. He wants to see flaws in white people.

I asked him point blank what he did wrong, and all he could come up with was the kid smirked.

Priceless....

White kid confronts an adult he did nothing wrong.
Black kid walks at night and gets killed... well he was no angle and he should have just surrendered.

NO double standard there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priceless....

Black kid walks at night and gets killed... well he was no angle and he should have just surrendered.

again the adult confronted him shark . watch all of the videos he approached the kid

and comparing instructions from a cop to a protester is foolish . in 90% of those cases if the black man had simply followed instructions they would be alive

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priceless....

White kid stands there and does nothing. Adult confronts the kid. Adult walks up to a kid and beats a drum in his face.

Sorry but I need more to your black story.

Good try though...I have come to expect this from you.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again the adult confronted him shark . watch all of the videos he approached the kid

and comparing instructions from a cop to a protester is foolish . in 90% of those cases if the black man had simply followed instructions they would be alive

I did watch all of the videos. And again I have been told by people on this forum many times, if these black teens would have just shown some respect for the law, or the adult who followed them and killed them (T. Martin) they might still be alive. This kid stood there, his friends surrounded this man, and NONE of the adults there with them did anything to intervene. So forgive me if i feel that had the tones been changed, so would your opinion. Because I have seen it far too many times.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch all of the videos. And again I have been told by people on this forum many times, if these black teens would have just shown some respect for the law, or the adult who followed them and killed them (T. Martin) they might still be alive. This kid stood there, his friends surrounded this man, and NONE of the adults there with them did anything to intervene. So forgive me if i feel that had the tones been changed, so would your opinion. Because I have seen it far too many times.

There is a huge difference between obeying the lawful orders of the cops and moving out of the way of a random stranger, when you don’t know what he wants.

As for Trayvon, he was long gone but decided to step up on the POS Zimmerman. He then pounded Zimmerman’s head into the ground.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well forgive me if i dont feel that a fake vietnam veteran who was awol 3 x marches into a crowd of children doin a HS cheer is innocent or has the same authority as a police officer . why bother the children ?

as for the hispanic man t martin got in a fight with fla , law has a stand your ground statute , and as the courts found the late t martin wasnt as pure as the driven snow in that matter

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well forgive me if i dont feel that a fake vietnam veteran who was awol 3 x marches into a crowd of children doin a HS cheer is innocent or has the same authority as a police officer . why bother the children ?

as for the hispanic man t martin got in a fight with fla , law has a stand your ground statute , and as the courts found the late t martin wasnt as pure as the driven snow in that matter

1. I have said All in this incident were at fault. I have also pointed out that folks were quick to absolve the student of any wrong doing. And this seems to be a pattern.

2. The SYG law in Florida needs to be changed, it has been shown to be applied in a biased fashion (shocker there), and once again the pattern presents.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priceless....

You're misrepresenting things to the point of near lying.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I have said All in this incident were at fault. I have also pointed out that folks were quick to absolve the student of any wrong doing. And this seems to be a pattern.

2. The SYG law in Florida needs to be changed, it has been shown to be applied in a biased fashion (shocker there), and once again the pattern presents.

1- because the student literally did nothing wrong. Had he walked away, the guy would have followed him or walked up to the next guy. Just standing there...literally nothing wrong with that.

2- No it doesn’t. People should just stop being assholes.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman case wasn’t SYG. SYG means you have no duty to retreat. Zimmerman was pinned to the ground, getting his head bashed in. He had nowhere to retreat to. He got off on self defense. If T Martin had not circled back to confront Zimmerman he’d still be eating Skittles.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Who was quickly absolving the kids? Hell, there are still people, such as yourself, who are blaming them.

2. Do you have stats on how SYG has been applied in a biased fashion?

I think your racism is clouding your judgement.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no the children did NOTHING wrong ,
saying all are to blame is a cop out

as for FLA law , i havent seen any incidents that back your claim (although as with everything there are exceptions )

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Who was quickly absolving the kids? Hell, there are still people, such as yourself, who are blaming them.

2. Do you have stats on how SYG has been applied in a biased fashion?

I think your racism is clouding your judgement.
i dont see shark as being racist , not at all , he is expressing his feelings based on his experience . i consider shark a friend for sure . i believe he sees me as misinformed as i do him but i wouldnt apply racist to him at all

but lets steer away from calling people racist for seeing things differently . this thread got shut down by me because of the name calling . you are new here so lets not go there . not saying you did that but lets not go there

by the way welcome to our board

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no the children did NOTHING wrong ,
saying all are to blame is a cop out

as for FLA law , i havent seen any incidents that back your claim (although as with everything there are exceptions )

Ask yourself... if these innocent children had been dressed in Antifa gear and protesting for a womans right to choose, and the exact thing had happened... would you be so forgiving??

People of color are paying the price for 'stand your ground' laws: Today's talker

'The obvious consequence is that armed citizens are more emboldened to escalate public altercations, and people of color are paying the price.'

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see shark as being racist , not at all , he is expressing his feelings based on his experience . i consider shark a friend for sure . i believe he sees me as misinformed as i do him but i wouldnt apply racist to him at all

but lets steer away from calling people racist for seeing things differently . this thread got shut down by me because of the name calling . you are new here so lets not go there . not saying you did that but lets not go there

by the way welcome to our board
Thanks for the welcome. I want to make sure how things work here. When people say racist things we do not call that out? Would it be OK for me to say " I think we have more than enough black people at the moment"? Is it OK to call policies, other people not in the conversation and ideas racist, just not people participating in the thread (without any proof or evidence mind you). Oh, unless you phrase it as something like "you seem to want (insert racist thought)".

I get that shark is your friend, sounds like that may be swaying your judgement, because there's been some very racist comments in this thread. So, I will abide and not call out racists, but a little clarification would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.