• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your neighbors just bust in or do they ask you first? How about strangers?

Which ones will do you no harm and how do you personally tell?

What you seem to miss is, I dont live my life fearing that my neighbors WILL bust in and do me harm. I dont worry that every person not like me is intent on doing me harm.

Now does that leave me open to possible harm?? Sure it does. But at the end of the day, I tend to think that just because someone is different from me does not mean their intent is to do me harm. I dont need an armed compound around my house, or my country to make me feel safe from possible change.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just dont come out and call anyone a flat out racist or name call in general , thats all . and that would go for anyone not just my friends

you can call out policies and ideas as racist . that is fair . some accuse me of being a dictator here and i dont want that . i just want intense , but civil debate . i will let you know if something is inappropriate as far as name calling (not ideas )
Thanks. Nod is salt of the earth good folk. He will greatly contribute to this thread.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the false equivalency. Most of these folks want a chance at a better life, and arent intent from taking anything from you or me to get it. Sure some come here with bad intentions. But reality shows the majority of them would do you no harm.
Idealistic nonsense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idealistic nonsense.

Then call me an idealist. I realize it takes a lot more effort to be willing to offer a stranger an helping hand, than the middle finger.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO wall yet

But we did get a Presidential cave this afternoon. :D
Short sighted. It's a temporary three week period before it shuts down again. Allows him to get folks back paid (good for him), puts the ball back in the democrats court to negotiate, and gives him the chance to have his state of the Union.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then call me an idealist. I realize it takes a lot more effort to be willing to offer a stranger an helping hand, than the middle finger.
How many illegals are you housing? How many do you employ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many illegals are you housing? How many do you employ?

Housing none... I haven't bothered to check the immigration status of my lawn guys. Should i be concerned?? And more to the point, would I or anyone else be concerned about my lawn guys status if his name was Bob instead of Juan??

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Housing none... I haven't bothered to check the immigration status of my lawn guys. Should i be concerned?? And more to the point, would I or anyone else be concerned about my lawn guys status if his name was Bob instead of Juan??
I just think it's extremely hypocritical and disingenuous. You care so much about illegals, let a few stay in your house, for free. You have a couch and spare rooms, I'm sure. So, why not? Once you do that, I'll take your opinion seriously. Until then, it sounds really noble and virtuous and all, and I bet you feel noble as a plump grape to hear yourself say it, but, that's only because it's an abstraction to you. I beg you think you mean it, but I call bullshit.

But by all means, prove me wrong. House, feed and even pay even just ONE illegal, and you can say whatever you want and can't no one besmirch you. Until then? It's idealistic, naive, ignorant nonsense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's extremely hypocritical and disingenuous. You care so much about illegals, let a few stay in your house, for free. You have a couch and spare rooms, I'm sure. So, why not? Once you do that, I'll take your opinion seriously. Until then, it sounds really noble and virtuous and all, and I bet you feel noble as a plump grape to hear yourself say it, but, that's only because it's an abstraction to you. I beg you think you mean it, but I call bullshit.

But by all means, prove me wrong. House, feed and even pay even just ONE illegal, and you can say whatever you want and can't no one besmirch you. Until then? It's idealistic, naive, ignorant nonsense.

How is it disingenuous?? You know zero about me except for the opinion you have formed based on me not being a fan of the wall. I do in fact donate to most immigration funds, I help out the homeless in my area, and had a few of them camped in my spare garage during Irma. I have hired the work crews at the home depot when i needed to get odd jobs done, and my first question wasnt... are you here legally.

To me these are people, trying to do the best they can.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it disingenuous?? You know zero about me except for the opinion you have formed based on me not being a fan of the wall. I do in fact donate to most immigration funds, I help out the homeless in my area, and had a few of them camped in my spare garage during Irma. I have hired the work crews at the home depot when i needed to get odd jobs done, and my first question wasnt... are you here legally.

To me these are people, trying to do the best they can.
Never said I knew anything about you. That's why I asked how many you housed or employed. You said you extend a helping hand, so, I wanted to see what that entails.

Which immigration funds so you support, specifically. How do you help the homeless? I think it's great you let people stay in your garage during an emergency, so presumably you can and should let an illegal right now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I knew anything about you. That's why I asked how many you housed or employed. You said you extend a helping hand, so, I wanted to see what that entails.

Which immigration funds so you support, specifically. How do you help the homeless? I think it's great you let people stay in your garage during an emergency, so presumably you can and should let an illegal right now.

Well generally that would be American Immigration council. Found that they are the most broad ranging.

As far as helping the homeless, clothes, food, a few of them do recycling so I usually snag the empty aluminum from the office and the house and give it ti them so they can collect the recycle money plus any spare metal I have from house projects.

I tend to see alot of the wall folks push the agenda of, well why dont you let them stay in your house. And my question in response is, why not make it legal for them to actually work and take care of themselves since thats why most of them came here to begin with?? You adopt dogs and cats, generally not people as far as Im concerned.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well generally that would be American Immigration council. Found that they are the most broad ranging.

As far as helping the homeless, clothes, food, a few of them do recycling so I usually snag the empty aluminum from the office and the house and give it ti them so they can collect the recycle money plus any spare metal I have from house projects.

I tend to see alot of the wall folks push the agenda of, well why dont you let them stay in your house. And my question in response is, why not make it legal for them to actually work and take care of themselves since thats why most of them came here to begin with?? You adopt dogs and cats, generally not people as far as Im concerned.
Thanks. And, as I'm sure you're a very generous and benevolent individual, how much (not a number, but a percentage) do you donate to it, as opposed to the, I'm sure, several other charities and humanitarian organizations? Merely curious.

That's quite magnanimous of you, slingin cans their way. Still doesn't mean they can sleep in your garage.

Yeah, we do ask that question because, so very, very, very few anti-wall people do. They talk a very virtuous talk, but, when the time comes to put up or shut up, they rarely ever do what they so adamantly preach "we should do". But, I'll play at your question, sure. Why not make it legal for them to work and take care of themselves? We offer that option...through LEGAL immigration. You, I suppose, suggest outright amnesty. Well, fuck that. That must be earned, not given, because it takes away from AMERICANS, and that includes immigrant Americans. As for the "most" of them (a false notion idealistic argument meant to quell conversation, but for arguments sake I'll concede) just wanting a better life....so what? We all want better lives. It doesn't justify breaking the law. We are not beholden to trying to take care if the worlds poor. Christ charges us with doing so, yes. But legally? Forced policy? Hell no. When helping foreign illegals (can't believe I even have to say this) hurts Americans, it's bulshit.

And by the way, did you just said equate aliens to animals? Are you suggesting Mexicans are dogs??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. And, as I'm sure you're a very generous and benevolent individual, how much (not a number, but a percentage) do you donate to it, as opposed to the, I'm sure, several other charities and humanitarian organizations? Merely curious.

That's quite magnanimous of you, slingin cans their way. Still doesn't mean they can sleep in your garage.

Yeah, we do ask that question because, so very, very, very few anti-wall people do. They talk a very virtuous talk, but, when the time comes to put up or shut up, they rarely ever do what they so adamantly preach "we should do". But, I'll play at your question, sure. Why not make it legal for them to work and take care of themselves? We offer that option...through LEGAL immigration. You, I suppose, suggest outright amnesty. Well, fuck that. That must be earned, not given, because it takes away from AMERICANS, and that includes immigrant Americans. As for the "most" of them (a false notion idealistic argument meant to quell conversation, but for arguments sake I'll concede) just wanting a better life....so what? We all want better lives. It doesn't justify breaking the law. We are not beholden to trying to take care if the worlds poor. Christ charges us with doing so, yes. But legally? Forced policy? Hell no. When helping foreign illegals (can't believe I even have to say this) hurts Americans, it's bulshit.

And by the way, did you just said equate aliens to animals? Are you suggesting Mexicans are dogs??

ON average about 5% of my disposable income goes to charity. The tax guy gets antsy if I go over 7 for some reason.

The people I help out are generally appreciative of what i do for them. But I dont do it for some sort of appreciation. I do it because I have been through hard times, not as bad as them... but I do what I can.

My thought is, LEGAL immigration needs to be expanded as apposed to spending the billions we do trying to prevent immigration. And my issue is, some people seem to be rather preoccupied with stopping or limiting immigration from some areas more than others.

And no I wasnt comparing Immigrants to Animals, I was more making the point that they actually deserve more respect than some stray you would adopt that cant in fact fend for itself.

Last edited:

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ON average about 5% of my disposable income goes to charity. The tax guy gets antsy if I go over 7 for some reason.

The people I help out are generally appreciative of what i do for them. But I dont do it for some sort of appreciation. I do it because I have been through hard times, not as bad as them... but I do what I can.

My thought is, LEGAL immigration needs to be expanded as apposed to spending the billions we do trying to prevent immigration. And my issue is, some people seem to be rather preoccupied with stopping or limiting immigration from some areas more than others.

And no I wasnt comparing Immigrants to Animals, I was more making the point that they actually deserve more respect than some stray you would adopt that cant in fact fend for itself.
Sorry I meant, what % of what you donate goes to the American immigration council?

I disagree legal immigration needs to be expanded. But, I'm willing to discuss it. I have, in that past (not hee) laid out what I feel would be a generous plan for amnesty for illegal aliens. I'm willing to hear others suggestions as well. Doesn't mean I'll agree with it, but I'll entertain the thought.

As for the second part, based off what I've seen of you, you're implying people want to stop or limit immigration from some areas more than others, what YOU mean is that people want to limit immigration from brown or black countries cuz, muh racism, when in reality it's about preventing the shitty conditions, problems and cultures of those shitty areas from being brought into THIS country with the people flooding into it (the fact that browns and blacks happen to make up the majority of the areas that are shitty is not important....it's the risk of threat, not the color of the people, that is the problem) as well as, because of principle, respecting to and adhering to the law.

That's good, cuz it seemed like you were. Remember to have your illegals spayed and neutered, since they can't take care of themselves, and we don't want them starving.

In all seriousness, people can CHOOSE to adopt an animal if they want and we have animal control to round up and ultimately put down strays. So, be careful how far out you want to extrapolate this analogy. Additionally, respect is earned, not automatically granted.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you seem to miss is, I dont live my life fearing that my neighbors WILL bust in and do me harm. I dont worry that every person not like me is intent on doing me harm.
Nope. You said something completely ridiculous that walls/locked doors/keys are symbols of hate. From where you are parroting that BS I can only guess. I'm just asking why you have so many symbols of hate beaten you and your neighbors?

You are not practicing what you preach. You're a hypocrite. Leave your door wide open or are you just a pussy afraid of harm?

Stop fearing that your neighbors WILL bust in and do you harm. Open your door, give up the key. No one is trying to harm you.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu are spinning the same arguments that have been spun for almost 100 years now. And yet America has survived. Protecting my family does not mean I need to fear everything different from me as some sort of threat. And to be honest, my family is more in danger from born and bred Americans, than any of these people on most days.

I am 42 and haven’t spun anything.

Again, stop saying I fear something.

As usual, try to go around what I actually said.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, you are preoccupied with stopping or limiting immigration from some areas. If we decided to up immigration, but it could only be Asians and Europeans, you would be screaming about how racist that system is. It seems to me 5hat you are preoccupied with race.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short sighted. It's a temporary three week period before it shuts down again. Allows him to get folks back paid (good for him), puts the ball back in the democrats court to negotiate, and gives him the chance to have his state of the Union.

Reality is he caved because his position was absurd.

Now he's Trump so he'll probably go right back to it or throw a tantrum and make up an emergency to get what he wants but still.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wat.

In what world is that what anybody is calling for.

It's pretty simple. Illegal immigration is not a catastrophy or emergency. Let's work to process immigrants and asylum seekers as quickly as possible, allow those already here to stay and a path to citizenship, and encourage more immigration moving forward. Seems like a solid and reasonable solution to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.