• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please, no more CK7 vs. Smith debates

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kap played another solid game.

It looks like he should start next week. But I won't be surprised if he doesn't. Kap didn't play lights out today, so I wouldn't be surprised if Harbs goes back to Alex. I think he used this week as an audition since smith technically wasn't cleared till a little later. Honestly I think it's kap again but a big part of me can see Harbs going with smith.

It will be another interesting week lol

His second start ever. That freaking dome is no joke. I say that was impressive. VD, Crabtree, had some drops that kinda hurt his stats. The superdome is no joke brother of an environment to play at for an opposing QB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They not only would have lost with Smith at QB, the team bus probably would have gotten lost on the way to the stadium! Your balanced perspective is so refreshing.

Much obliged. Smith would have taken at least 3 or 4 more sacks, and made 3 or 4 less throws than Kaep. That makes a difference in a game like this.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I don't really want to throw that in anyone's face though. Because I understand why they are more tolerant of CK under the exact circumstances that would drive them nuts with Smith.

1st- 2nd start compared to Alex's 75 starts.
2nd- CK makes you forget about his poor throws with the big plays he makes, like the sacks he avoided today, extending plays, etc.

i think we coulda won with either guy. kap can make great plays, but smith can be efficient and keep the ball away from brees.

smith doesn't make u go wow, but neither did montana. having the biggest arm doesn't always matter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His second start ever. That freaking dome is no joke. I say that was impressive. VD, Crabtree, had some drops that kinda hurt his stats. The superdome is no joke brother of an environment to play at for an opposing QB.

Well, I hope we have to play in that freaking dome and environment on February 3rd. We'll have more of our fans there, though and a bunch of neutral "going there for the experience" people, less hostile.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point and I still think it should be kap. But like I said I won't be surprised if smith is starting next week since I think harbaugh used it as a another audition and could play the smith wasn't cleared fast enough card. And I have no idea if Harbs will take smith out after the injury.

I still think kap will play cuz I agree he makes plays with his feet and makes throws smith won't. But again wouldn't be shocked.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we coulda won with either guy. kap can make great plays, but smith can be efficient and keep the ball away from brees.

smith doesn't make u go wow, but neither did montana. having the biggest arm doesn't always matter.

Wow. I had no idea Harbaugh just benched Montana for Kaepernick.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Kaep led the 4th longest drive time wise in the NFL this year. Over 9 minutes.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "legs" argument has no... well... "legs," as by that argument Michael Vick would be an amazing QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point and I still think it should be kap. But like I said I won't be surprised if smith is starting next week since I think harbaugh used it as a another audition and could play the smith wasn't cleared fast enough card. And I have no idea if Harbs will take smith out after the injury.

I still think kap will play cuz I agree he makes plays with his feet and makes throws smith won't. But again wouldn't be shocked.

I don't see why he would. It's like turning down a threesome with a hottie after the wife suggests it. You wait for it, the opportunity presents itself, and you pass? Voluntarily? I don't think anyone within the organization would challenge him on this, not even Smith. But that's not because Smith doesn't think he could win it, but rather because Smith doesn't throw a fit. It feels sad that him being honest about his concussion and being cooperative made it easier to replace him, but I'll take the wins and give him a good recommendation to his next team.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well montana never had great physical tools. he won a lot of games...

Probably the most accurate QB of all time. Between he, Brees, and Aikman their accuracies is rare. The command he had for the WCO was like having Bill Wash himself on the field playing alongside the other players. Let me not begin about his pocket presence and quick release.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith had this exact game this week, we'd have people talking about lack of production from the position and missed opportunities against a bottom-ranked D. I like him too but let's not try so hard to pretend he's running away with the job. This was a Smith-like performance this week.

This is what you say if you didn't watch the game and just look at the stat line.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "legs" argument has no... well... "legs," as by that argument Michael Vick would be an amazing QB.

his legs are the least important to me in the decision, but he did use them to keep plays alive. Based on passing alone I still like what I'm seeing from him over smith.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you say if you didn't watch the game and just look at the stat line.

Or like Smith more or the Niners less than I do. Just kidding, I'm sure he's a full Niner fan, just likes Smith.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea montana made plays though

smith made plays...

but if smith has a good game, there's always ppl pointing out negatives. imo we should pat smith on the back for keeping the seat warm for kap and cheer on kap.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his legs are the least important to me in the decision, but he did use them to keep plays alive. Base don passing alone I still like what I'm seeing from him over smith.

Lol, for a second, I was trying to figure out what "base don passing" was. :facepalm: