• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please, no more CK7 vs. Smith debates

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep played well for his 1st road start, but it was not spectacular. He only led us to 2 TD's and 1 FG granted Akers missed what should have been another FG. You can't really count the blocked FG since that came thanks to the defense forcing a failed 4th down.

The running game never really got going and you have to wonder if some of that is on Kaep's call at the line of the scrimmage. I loved watching him on the read option hand the ball to Gore as Gore was being tackled >_>; He made some great plays in the 1st half to avoid pressure and make some plays out of nothing. He also did ok with the crowd noise.

The fact is though the 14 points from the defense won the game not anything Kaep did. Kaep did nothing to lose the game though and that was big playing in such a hostile environment.

Oh, thats going to ruffle some feathers...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Clearly CK should be the starter the rest of the season as so far he's done everything Alex can do but more.

But on a personal level I do feel for Alex though because I can emphasize a little bit because I was benched during a game and the game the next week my junior year in high school and it really is a hurtful experience. I'm not an emotional guy but I was crying uncontrollably when I got benched which was a bit of a surreal experience for me. So I know it's gotta hurt to watch the guys go out there and battle without you all the while with you're future completely uncertain.

So before I get off my soapbox I'll say I'm glad CK's starting but I'm not going to take shots at Alex out the door especially since he's been a pretty standup guy and been through the wringer his entire NFL career and I do hope he finds a nice AFC team and have success.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke's feelings on Smith is why that move happened. I think Baalke warmed to Alex a little after last year, but he certainly saw Smith's limitations held the team back. Baalke did say that the QB of the future wasn't on the roster before that draft, and Smith still was on the roster.

With the 3 years, I thought it would take about that long because of how everyone said CK was a project and how he was coming out of a gimmick system, etc. More praise for Harbaugh to get CK ready only a year later.

Maybe under a different coaching staff he would. 1) We developed him quickly and the right way. Other coaches would not have done such a great job. Not saying Kaep would be lost under someone else, but I think we can agree it would be different for at least the first two starts. 2) Most coaches would have gone back to Smith due to the reasons already stated in other threads. Then, having gone back to Smith, depending on how the defense led us in the playoffs, Smith may have had that third year before Kaep came in 2014. Yay to the coaching staff - plus to Kaep for working hard and learning quickly.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Smith had this exact game this week, we'd have people talking about lack of production from the position and missed opportunities against a bottom-ranked D. I like him too but let's not try so hard to pretend he's running away with the job. This was a Smith-like performance this week.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also seemed like we didn't have the ball for that long. Also the blown call by the refs on Crabtree didn't help. And all the holding calls that happened to negate a lot of yardage screwed us as well.

Ugh the Crabtree call is one I hate because of how challenges work.

If they had not ruled Crabs down and he took all the way for a TD the Saints could have challenged and if they ruled him down it would have wiped out the whole play.

However by ruling him down the offensive team is not awarded the same opportunity on the challenge. Crabs could have kept going into the endzone, but even with replay clearing showing he was never down the call can't be changed.

Anyway, how about Delanie Walker? Who had him picked to be our best Receiver on the day?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith had this exact game this week, we'd have people talking about lack of production from the position and missed opportunities against a bottom-ranked D. I like him too but let's not try so hard to pretend he's running away with the job. This was a Smith-like performance this week.

exactly

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it wasn't. Kaep made numerous plays with his feet from and outside the pocket that Alex Smith can't make. He already has better pocket presence than Alex, and it's only his 2nd start.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And how many starts has Alex Smith had on the road?? And how many has Colin had??

Once you have found your answers you will then understand how Colin played would of been better then Smith if he put up the same numbers.

Also have to account for the 60+ yards that went away because of stupid penalties.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think Kap had a game i'd call lack of production. He lost alot of production to penalties and BS calls like the crab down call. He also had a handful of drops. his game could have easily looked much better. He is over 300 with out that shit, and we most likely put up more points.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any stat on how many drops were in this game? I remember a couple, the one by Vernon Davis stands out the most though

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know, I don't really want to throw that in anyone's face though. Because I understand why they are more tolerant of CK under the exact circumstances that would drive them nuts with Smith.

1st- Only Colin's 2nd start compared to Alex's 75 starts.
2nd- CK makes you forget about his poor throws with the big plays he makes, like the sacks he avoided today, extending plays, etc.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any stat on how many drops were in this game? I remember a couple, the one by Vernon Davis stands out the most though

that drop pissed me off because he had so much room around him from my memory of it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap will start. I do not see why Harbaugh would even consider Alex at this point.

Yep. He doesn't care about the media, but hypothetically if he did care, he went through the hardest part deciding to start him this game. After a win, why waste all that? It'd be easier to stick with Kaep now.

Unless Kaep gets injured, which is a possibility, or if we're up by a lot (or down by a lot in a given loss), I don't see Smith playing again this season. He doesn't present something like Kaep did (running) that teams would have to prepare more for.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I don't really want to throw that in anyone's face though. Because I understand why they are more tolerant of CK under the exact circumstances that would drive them nuts with Smith.

1st- 2nd start compared to Alex's 75 starts.
2nd- CK makes you forget about his poor throws with the big plays he makes, like the sacks he avoided today, extending plays, etc.

I remember 2 poor throws by CK, the INT and throw to Randy in the end zone.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, it wasn't. Kaep made numerous plays with his feet from and side the pocket that Alex Smith can't make. Plain and simple.

They not only would have lost with Smith at QB, the team bus probably would have gotten lost on the way to the stadium! Your balanced perspective is so refreshing.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

disagree completely. I have been an Alex supporter, but the o-line played like garbage, Colin made plays after getting out of what would have been sacks if Alex was in. Colin's passes to Walker do not happen with Alex. I do not see Alex overcoming the bad oline play for the win today. Colin is going to be special

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You claim people bash you for saying one bad thing about smith. Kinzu puts his opinion out there and all you can say is "lol".

This is why people don't take you seriously. Your a great poster but once you claim people bash you for saying kap should start. And you reply to a guys comment who yes does like smith but you add nothing to the arguement then you will not be taken seriously.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claim people bash you for saying one bad thing about smith. Kinzu puts his opinion out there and all you can say is "lol".

This is why people don't take you seriously. Your a great poster but once you claim people bash you for saying kap should start. And you reply to a guys comment who yes does like smith but you add nothing to the arguement then you will not be taken seriously.

Omgz, people don't take me seriously?????