• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs race

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Wiz beat Celtics and Bucks/Sixers beat Raps... Cavs end up with HCA throughout east

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat have the individual tiebreaker over both the wizards and the bucks, and they have the 3-way tiebreaker.

So at this point, the only way the Heat are not the 6 seed is if they lose at least 2 of their last 3 and at least one of the Wizards/Bucks wins out.

Which wouldn't be that impossible because I think the Wizards are likely to win out (Hawks, Celtics, Magic)... and the Heat might rest in their final game, not being overly eager to secure the 6 seed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat have the individual tiebreaker over both the wizards and the bucks, and they have the 3-way tiebreaker.

So at this point, the only way the Heat are not the 6 seed is if they lose at least 2 of their last 3 and at least one of the Wizards/Bucks wins out.

Which wouldn't be that impossible because I think the Wizards are likely to win out (Hawks, Celtics, Magic)... and the Heat might rest in their final game, not being overly eager to secure the 6 seed.

I was really looking forward to that Heat/Celtics series.....SAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olidipo was going to come off the bench. Sabonis would have replaced Ibaka nicely.

I understand.

But, Oladipo off the bench in OKC would have been like a slightly better Waiters.

Also, Sabonis was not ready to replace Ibaka as a rookie. Now, perhaps, but he still doesn't offer the shooting and perimeter defense the Thunder needed from that spot. Ibaka did.

In terms of value, OKC killed it on that trade. In terms of fit for the Thunder with KD? It made them significantly worse. Ibaka wasn't great, but he was an ideal fit for what they needed. Preston made a long term move when he should have prioritized resigning KD.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand.

But, Oladipo off the bench in OKC would have been like a slightly better Waiters.

Also, Sabonis was not ready to replace Ibaka as a rookie. Now, perhaps, but he still doesn't offer the shooting and perimeter defense the Thunder needed from that spot. Ibaka did.

In terms of value, OKC killed it on that trade. In terms of fit for the Thunder with KD? It made them significantly worse. Ibaka wasn't great, but he was an ideal fit for what they needed. Preston made a long term move when he should have prioritized resigning KD.

I get what you're saying. But Ibaka was HIGHLY overrated. If you go back and look at Ibaka's numbers the last 2 seasons with OKC his defense and shot blocking was very average. He got a reputation as a good defender and shot blocker being weak side help to Perkins.
They were at worst slightly below GS at the time of the trade. And I think the added punch from the bench (Olidipo) made up that ground. I feel the trade made them better in the present and future.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying. But Ibaka was HIGHLY overrated. If you go back and look at Ibaka's numbers the last 2 seasons with OKC his defense and shot blocking was very average. He got a reputation as a good defender and shot blocker being weak side help to Perkins.
They were at worst slightly below GS at the time of the trade. And I think the added punch from the bench (Olidipo) made up that ground. I feel the trade made them better in the present and future.

I entirely agree that Ibaka was overrated and nowhere near the player he used to be.

But, if you could imagine a player to fit alongside Adams, KD and Russ, it would be a rangy defender who can rebound, block shots and make 3s without ever needing a play called for him. It was Ibaka's shooting from the 4 position and ability to defend wings that allowed OKC to be big and bully teams like GS and SA. They lost that when they dealt Ibaka.

I literally can't think of a single player in the NBA who fit them better than Ibaka did. Oladipo is a far better player today, but he didn't fit with Russ at all. And Sabonis wasn't ready to play more than a few minutes a game last year.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC has Westbrook and Adams for the next 4 years at least. That is a pretty damn good foundation. They can blow everything up and rebuild around those guys.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I entirely agree that Ibaka was overrated and nowhere near the player he used to be.

But, if you could imagine a player to fit alongside Adams, KD and Russ, it would be a rangy defender who can rebound, block shots and make 3s without ever needing a play called for him. It was Ibaka's shooting from the 4 position and ability to defend wings that allowed OKC to be big and bully teams like GS and SA. They lost that when they dealt Ibaka.

I literally can't think of a single player in the NBA who fit them better than Ibaka did. Oladipo is a far better player today, but he didn't fit with Russ at all. And Sabonis wasn't ready to play more than a few minutes a game last year.

In '15-'16 Ibaka averaged 1.9 bpg. .326 3P%. 6.8 reb. It's not hard to replace that. Olidipo filling the Harden/Reggie Jackson role would have made up for that. And Sabonis was good. Then Taj Gibson was added.

I get what you're saying but Ibaka wasn't '12-'13 Ibaka. Even then his best matchup was against SA. Presti had a great team assembled.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that the Cavs win tomorrow night.

This would be a great series IMO. Gives Lebron a chance to evaluate if this should be his next team

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In '15-'16 Ibaka averaged 1.9 bpg. .326 3P%. 6.8 reb. It's not hard to replace that. Olidipo filling the Harden/Reggie Jackson role would have made up for that. And Sabonis was good. Then Taj Gibson was added.

I get what you're saying but Ibaka wasn't '12-'13 Ibaka. Even then his best matchup was against SA. Presti had a great team assembled.

Neither Sabonis nor Taj can space the floor like Ibaka. He meant a lot more to your offense than I think you realize. It is pretty easy to collapse on Russ' drives when Adams and Gibson or Sabonis were on the floor.

The '16 team was hands down the most talented roster in the league and those pieces actually fit with Russ better than any I think you will ever find again.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Sabonis nor Taj can space the floor like Ibaka. He meant a lot more to your offense than I think you realize. It is pretty easy to collapse on Russ' drives when Adams and Gibson or Sabonis were on the floor.

The '16 team was hands down the most talented roster in the league and those pieces actually fit with Russ better than any I think you will ever find again.

I think we're just going to disagree on this one. Until this season I had either watched or listened to every Thunder game.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Just found out the Bucks get to keep their pick if the get up to the 6 seed.

Good news for the Heat's chances at the 7 AND the Cavs chances at the 3.

If Bucks beat Knicks and Magic and the Heat lose to the Thunder... The Bucks will be just one win against Philly away from getting the 6 seed and keeping their draft pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're just going to disagree on this one. Until this season I had either watched or listened to every Thunder game.

Fair enough.

We will never know anyway, because it didn't happen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crucial games today for the WC playoffs race

Nuggets at Clippers
Pelicans at Warriors
Thunder at Rockets
Blazers at Spurs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game separates 5th thru 9th in the West with 2 games left

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEN (46-35) @ MIN (46-35) for the last playoff spot in the West. A 46-36 team will miss the playoffs. Them's the breaks.

Big Z 1990

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my playoff system was in place, Denver would be crossing over to the Eastern Conference playoffs as the 6th seed, knocking Miami down to 7 and Milwaukee down to 8. Washington would be out entirely.

The Eastern 1st round would then be:
Toronto-Milwaukee
Boston-Miami
Philadelphia-Denver
Cleveland-Indiana