• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff games around the league

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitney GWG in OT! Wish Sharks never let him go. Still crafty with puck control.

:think: I still remember that 95 playoff series game 7 double OT against the Flames just like it happend yesterday. :think: awhhh good memories!

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys watching the Blues vs. the Kings?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Sharks were still playing. :mad2: damn Blues!

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers/Devil is a good game. Brodeur is showing his age.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wish the Sharks knew how to score goals

Me too. This is how they go out every year, by not being able to score.
A lot of times by outshooting the team at a 2 to 1 clip, but then lose the game 1-0 or 2-1. So frustrating.
Hard to believe that Vancouver-Chicago-Detroit-Sharks-Boston-Pens were all bounced in the 1st round.
I'm not really surprised by LA, since I thought they would win the division this year. But Phoenix winning like this is crazy. Look at their roster......just shows you don't need a line up of all stars to win.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of times by outshooting the team at a 2 to 1 clip, but then lose the game 1-0 or 2-1. So frustrating.
Hard to believe that Vancouver-Chicago-Detroit-Sharks-Boston-Pens were all bounced in the 1st round.
I'm not really surprised by LA, since I thought they would win the division this year. But Phoenix winning like this is crazy. Look at their roster......just shows you don't need a line up of all stars to win.

Im surprized Nash/Phx series has generated that many goals in 2 games. Im also surprized that Nash has been able to score on Smith, where as Chicago couldnt despite having a much more loaded O-Punch... Chicago seemed to have caught the non-scoring San jose playoff bug this year...

Im hoping Wash or Philly wins the cup. West doesnt really excite me, but Id have to pick St.L & Nash for now

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tippett is the man. Wish the Sharks had him. He gets more out of nothing. Sharks could learn alot of lessons looking at the Yotes.

If the Yotes/Kings get to the finals before the Sharks do, I am going to be even more pissed about the playoff failures in the past 8 or so years. A big va fungool San Jose Sharks as far as I am concerned. Seriously. What a fucking waist of time watching all those years of playoff bullshit. Excuse the language,,, but seriously.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seemed Chicago didn't get as much traffic in front of the goalie as they have in years past. Phoenix also did a much better job at keeping Chicago's forwards to the outside then they have against Nashville.

Watching the games up to this point I'm liking LA to come out of the West.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tippett is the man. Wish the Sharks had him. He gets more out of nothing. Sharks could learn alot of lessons looking at the Yotes.

If the Yotes/Kings get to the finals before the Sharks do, I am going to be even more pissed about the playoff failures in the past 8 or so years. A big va fungool San Jose Sharks as far as I am concerned. Seriously. What a fucking waist of time watching all those years of playoff bullshit. Excuse the language,,, but seriously.

I am actually really excited if the yotes do it but.....

The Kings I would be fucking so upset, that would mean every California team would have a cup except us :L

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am actually really excited if the yotes do it but.....

The Kings I would be fucking so upset, that would mean every California team would have a cup except us :L

It would actually be pretty funny, cause LA has been a turd for years, then BAM this year there in the finals?? It was the same with the ducks, turd turd turd BAM CUP CHAMPS, 8th seed, turd.... Where as SJ has been dominate for years... Hey maybe LA winning would do good for SJ, and whoever the heck is in charge of this cheap would be like, man the other 2 cali teams suck on a regular basis & win cups. Whats wrong with our team? Lets fire everyone and do a major rehaul

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It seemed Chicago didn't get as much traffic in front of the goalie as they have in years past. Phoenix also did a much better job at keeping Chicago's forwards to the outside then they have against Nashville.

Watching the games up to this point I'm liking LA to come out of the West.

I'm thinking LA too, especially after I just saw they are kicking the shit out f the Blues, 5-1!!
I thought this was the year LA won the division and maybe got to the Conference Finals.
I like Philly too, wouldn't mind seeing them win it all.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where was this shitty team defense by the blues against the sharks lol? That being said they were due for a long slump it looks like its happening

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks just can't beat the backup goalie.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where was this shitty team defense by the blues against the sharks lol? That being said they were due for a long slump it looks like its happening

LA is faster, more physical, and they are exicuting zone exits much more efficiently than the Sharks did. Their ability to move the puck from either defensive side both up the boards or through the middle is forcing the Blues dmen further back in the neutral zone and allowing time and space for the forwards to utilize their speed. This is also allowing them to create more pressure on the forecheck and force turnovers.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks just can't beat the backup goalie.

Sharks just can't beat any goalie.

A guy could be named shit fuckerson and still be the hero and get a shut out.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of things that clearly differentiate the Sharks from LA.. but the one that stands out most to me is that the attacking style of penalty kill is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE than the passive box (? or whatever they call it ) that we were using against the Blues. Hell - even that 5-on-3 the Kings were out there attacking.. it was really awesome to watch. I miss the days when we played like that (Hannan/Murray without sticks 5-3, etc...).

Last nights game was a full-term class on how to shut down a power play.. I would hope our team could take a few notes but it looks like its a lot more work than we are willing to do.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean " I hope the coaching staff & GM are taking notes"

I hate LA "sorry Rares"