• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot across the bow, or kick in the nuts???
In the words of a wise QB/announcer/wannabe golfer...Football is a meritocracy

So Charlton needs to return from this surgery ready to play the best football of his career or he could possibly face being a cut-down casualty or trade bait. The Cowboys are not going to hold the train for him, according to scouting director Will McClay.

“I’m expecting Taco to strap on his pads, put on his helmet and go out there and compete every day to prove that he belongs on this roster,” McClay recently said of Charlton on 103.3FM ESPN. “The injury and all those things, he’s going to have to overcome that and be available. I expect Taco to put his best foot forward and battle and compete for a spot, but you know what? We’re not going to hold the train for anybody.

“If you want to compete and roll with us, here it is. Everybody is going to have that opportunity. I expect Taco to be a much better player and a much more productive player. He was turning the corner last year. Injuries happen, and all that other stuff. I expect him to go and battle and compete. If him or anybody else isn’t willing to compete, hopefully, we have enough stuff there to keep us strong throughout the process.”

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot across the bow, or kick in the nuts???
In the words of a wise QB/announcer/wannabe golfer...Football is a meritocracy

So Charlton needs to return from this surgery ready to play the best football of his career or he could possibly face being a cut-down casualty or trade bait. The Cowboys are not going to hold the train for him, according to scouting director Will McClay.

“I’m expecting Taco to strap on his pads, put on his helmet and go out there and compete every day to prove that he belongs on this roster,” McClay recently said of Charlton on 103.3FM ESPN. “The injury and all those things, he’s going to have to overcome that and be available. I expect Taco to put his best foot forward and battle and compete for a spot, but you know what? We’re not going to hold the train for anybody.

“If you want to compete and roll with us, here it is. Everybody is going to have that opportunity. I expect Taco to be a much better player and a much more productive player. He was turning the corner last year. Injuries happen, and all that other stuff. I expect him to go and battle and compete. If him or anybody else isn’t willing to compete, hopefully, we have enough stuff there to keep us strong throughout the process.”
Luckily we have hit on most of our 1st rounders, which dampens the blow when you miss on one. Taco is not the worst 1st round pick in franchise history. Maybe top 5 worst?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily we have hit on most of our 1st rounders, which dampens the blow when you miss on one. Taco is not the worst 1st round pick in franchise history. Maybe top 5 worst?

Rod Hill
Shante Carver
Danny Noonan
Tody Smith
Ebenezer Ekuban

Lofty company

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So assuming Crawford stays at DE and our DTs on the game day roster are: Hill, Woods, Covington and Collins. That means the lightest guy is 305lbs. I'm not sure what Hill will be but the other 2 can all play the run and also have some bulk. Maybe we are a little more stout up the middle against the run this year. Then of course add in 3 good LBs and perhaps that's a good sign for this run defense that got shredded against a couple of good OLs (Ind and Rams) last year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So assuming Crawford stays at DE and our DTs on the game day roster are: Hill, Woods, Covington and Collins. That means the lightest guy is 305lbs. I'm not sure what Hill will be but the other 2 can all play the run and also have some bulk. Maybe we are a little more stout up the middle against the run this year. Then of course add in 3 good LBs and perhaps that's a good sign for this run defense that got shredded against a couple of good OLs (Ind and Rams) last year.

Let's hope Marinelli read the how the DLine tipped off the Rams all game long.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to have to agree even though I know not what I am agreeing too. LOL

Only thing he did worth a damn was get traded along with Billy Parks to the Oilers for a 1st and 3rd.

The 1st turned into Ed Jones. Because the Oilers were the Oilers.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have to mention Shante?
I think shante was taken in the 1st draft after Jimmy Johnson left? I think Larry Allen was the only good player Jerry drafted. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut eventually. David lafleur was also a terrible pick. Taking Ellis over randy moss was also terrible. Cowboys need to extend mcclay