• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one stat I can see being misleading. If you are on the 2 yard line it is hard to get more than 2 yards.

Also if it is 1st and 5yards to go, everyone knows that it is going to be a running play and D is geared to stop. If at the end they score a running TD and it takes them 3 tries well that will mess up the average as well.
Yup, but a yard and a half less than 2016 is what I'm focusing on and the issues you referenced pertain to every year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dak as QB I am not as concerned with Zekes ypa in the red zone.
Zeke inside the 5: 10 attempts for 3 yards and 2 TDs last year. It may not concern you, but that does concern me and I'm not going off stats, this is something that was a big issue last year and evident while watching games. If we are going to run near the goal line we need to be more successful at it. And if you are wondering about Dak inside the 5: 8 attempts for 2 yards and 3 TDs.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke inside the 5: 10 attempts for 3 yards and 2 TDs last year. It may not concern you, but that does concern me and I'm not going off stats, this is something that was a big issue last year and evident while watching games. If we are going to run near the goal line we need to be more successful at it. And if you are wondering about Dak inside the 5: 8 attempts for 2 yards and 3 TDs.

I am not saying I am not concerned, just not as much. For a good half year we had no threat at WR and for the whole season we no threat at TE. That comes into play big time on the goal.

And I do think not having our Fredrick is a contributing factor, same with connor who just did not have the umph last year.

I think I am saying, that is not as much on zeke as it is the team as a whole.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying I am not concerned, just not as much. For a good half year we had no threat at WR and for the whole season we no threat at TE. That comes into play big time on the goal.

And I do think not having our Fredrick is a contributing factor, same with connor who just did not have the umph last year.

I think I am saying, that is not as much on zeke as it is the team as a whole.
:scratch:

Who said it was Zeke? My first comment and point on the topic:
"Was this more no Frederick and Williams at LG...or...predictability and trying to run those stupid deep handoffs inside the 5 instead of just strapping on your chin strap and running the ball and winning the battle at the line..."

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Who said it was Zeke? My first comment and point on the topic:
"Was this more no Frederick and Williams at LG...or...predictability and trying to run those stupid deep handoffs inside the 5 instead of just strapping on your chin strap and running the ball and winning the battle at the line..."

You are right i was just looking at the stats you posted and commenting on those.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right i was just looking at the stats you posted and commenting on those.
I think it all changes this year. I think we see a more exciting, unpredictable Offense. I also think we ask Dak to do a little bit more and see more of who he really is. IMO he has a lot more to give as both a passer and a runner and I think a healthy OL and hopefully a little more creative of an Offense will allow Dak and Zeke and our WRs to shine more than the past two years

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's too much as we sit here today. BUT, if he has another All Pro year, I'm pretty sure we will be paying him or make that overpaying him and keeping him. For the first 12 games of the year he was the best corner in the NFL. What happened after that is the big question. If it was because of his hip, then we may see another great year. If he was just playing over his head and came back to Earth, I suspect we see that too

That hip HAD to have been an issue. But I agree. We will learn a lot by the end of December about him. I’m just not certain that with contracts for Zeke and Jaylon Smith coming up as well, paying THAT price for a CB is doable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hip HAD to have been an issue. But I agree. We will learn a lot by the end of December about him. I’m just not certain that with contracts for Zeke and Jaylon Smith coming up as well, paying THAT price for a CB is doable.
Agree, you can't pay everyone. That is one of the reasons I said they may go OL early in the draft and am glad we did. I just don't think Collins will be re-signed and I think one other big name won't be either. I've been thinking it's Zeke all along because if he plays under his 5th year option and then is tagged once as well, he will at that point have a boatload of touches and blocks on his body when it's time to make the call. Knowing he won't likely sign a 2 or 3 year contract would mean committing long term to a RB (Great RB) that may break down or at least show some regression each year after being signed. But damn, you need to have balls to let a guy like Zeke go.

But, if Awuzie and someone else (or two) step up it could be Jones that goes. As good as he was last year, he certainly hasn't been a guy that we must resign based on his career to date. I don't see how you let an All Pro CB go, but he needs to prove that is what he is.

I guess it's a good problem to have with all of these good, young players looking to break the bank. It's a testament to our scouts and coaches that they have brought all of these guys in. Who knows, the cap is going up each year, maybe we keep them all:hope:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all changes this year. I think we see a more exciting, unpredictable Offense. I also think we ask Dak to do a little bit more and see more of who he really is. IMO he has a lot more to give as both a passer and a runner and I think a healthy OL and hopefully a little more creative of an Offense will allow Dak and Zeke and our WRs to shine more than the past two years

I would like to see more designed runs with Dak. Get the blockers in front of him. He is hard to get down.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I guess it's a good problem to have with all of these good, young players looking to break the bank. It's a testament to our scouts and coaches that they have brought all of these guys in. Who knows, the cap is going up each year, maybe we keep them all:hope:

Sure beats the hell out of 10 years ago when most of the players our heroes brought in couldn’t even make practice squads on other teams... :suds:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red zone would be a good spot to try out this idea of using 2 backs. Sort of a triple option with zone read (Zeke or Dak) with this Pollard kid sweeping around behind Dak for the pitch.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red zone would be a good spot to try out this idea of using 2 backs. Sort of a triple option with zone read (Zeke or Dak) with this Pollard kid sweeping around behind Dak for the pitch.

We ran that with a shovel pass to Austin early in the year and got a TD on it

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced the OL is going to be much better this season. Frederick returning and Mcgovern will be upgrades over what we had in the middle last season. This team will be better on the DL with the addition of quinn and hill. I still have low confidence in Garrot giving Moore a chance to tweak the offense. It will be the same shit running zeke into 8 man fronts over and over. I say Garrot should give Moore lots of leeway early and let him make the offense less predictable and see what happens

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it that play that led to him not playing pretty much the rest of the year? Groin injury?
No idea, but I assume you are correct. That is pretty ironic in retrospect though

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stay healthy, Sean. Because if you do, this is the best LB corps in the NFL.

Period.