• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The take I have here is Scott Linehan was more hard headed than we thought.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. The crazy thing is I just looked up our team D numbers vs the league.
4th to last in comp % allowed at 67.7. So somehow even though we force the most tight window throws, teams still don't have issues moving the ball through the air against us. So kudos to these players and the coach I feel is responsible for getting our guys into position. More work is needed to get these stats to reflect what goes on in the field.
Safeties???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please make this true:hope::hope::hope:

I've been asking for this since the end of last year with zero understanding on how it wasn't the expected thnig to do (I'm sure I'm not the only one of course). How much of an absolutely obvious, no-brainer move is this? You need to put your best players on the field to make plays:

Report: Sean Lee expected to be the starter at SAM linebacker in 2019

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The take I have here is Scott Linehan was more hard headed than we thought.

I'm warming to the idea. I mean he has to be better than Linehan, right? If nothing else addition by subtraction. He didn't seem to do anything to help Dak last year, but maybe that wasn't his thing. It's a specialty thing to be a QB coach and you need to be a lot of a teacher and technical mechanics guy and he clearly wasn't ready for that. My biggest issue is still that it's still Garrett's Offense. How different will Garrett allow him to be? Upgrading the play calling should be easy. Breaking down what will work against each opponent will be where he proves himself. He needs to get the benefit of the doubt and it could take a little while for him to hit his stride

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm warming to the idea. I mean he has to be better than Linehan, right? If nothing else addition by subtraction. He didn't seem to do anything to help Dak last year, but maybe that wasn't his thing. It's a specialty thing to be a QB coach and you need to be a lot of a teacher and technical mechanics guy and he clearly wasn't ready for that. My biggest issue is still that it's still Garrett's Offense. How different will Garrett allow him to be? Upgrading the play calling should be easy. Breaking down what will work against each opponent will be where he proves himself. He needs to get the benefit of the doubt and it could take a little while for him to hit his stride
I haven't warmed up to the idea yet, but you are right on two accounts. He deserves the benefit of the doubt and he has to be better than Linehan.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That (how does he call Garrett’s offense) is the key point for me here. We all see and have opinions on the quality of the offense and we all know what we believe “works”... and we also know how insistent Linehan was in trying to force things that were clearly “not working”. I don’t know that I’m warming to the idea as much as I’m in “wait and see mode”. But if he is listening to his players and incorporating their input as a part of in-game adjustments (one of those minor little quibbles we all lose our minds over and have for several seasons), then I’m willing to ride this thing out.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That (how does he call Garrett’s offense) is the key point for me here. We all see and have opinions on the quality of the offense and we all know what we believe “works”... and we also know how insistent Linehan was in trying to force things that were clearly “not working”. I don’t know that I’m warming to the idea as much as I’m in “wait and see mode”. But if he is listening to his players and incorporating their input as a part of in-game adjustments (one of those minor little quibbles we all lose our minds over and have for several seasons), then I’m willing to ride this thing out.
I think most of those minor little quibbles are WRs saying "Hey I was open", funny thing is even the guys on the sidelines were saying this.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of those minor little quibbles are WRs saying "Hey I was open", funny thing is even the guys on the sidelines were saying this.

A statement of truth that made me laugh and moan simultaneously.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise but maybe a concern - it appears Cooper and Cowboys are a ways off in contract negotiations. Cowboys already leaking info that Cooper's demands are in the range of OBJ's contract numbers.
Since the Cowboys are committed to Cooper - having used a 1st rounder to pluck him off the Raiders last year, they seem to be more vulnerable than they normally would be for his negotiations.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel the pressure most seem to with these contracts. IF he has unrealistic demands, he is under contract for this year, tag him next year and then figure it out. If he is fantastic for two years and costs us a lot of money down the road then we at least benefited from that. If not, say good bye.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise but maybe a concern - it appears Cooper and Cowboys are a ways off in contract negotiations. Cowboys already leaking info that Cooper's demands are in the range of OBJ's contract numbers.
Since the Cowboys are committed to Cooper - having used a 1st rounder to pluck him off the Raiders last year, they seem to be more vulnerable than they normally would be for his negotiations.

heard that too and I am not committed to him so he can kiss my ass if he wants stupid money.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel the pressure most seem to with these contracts. IF he has unrealistic demands, he is under contract for this year, tag him next year and then figure it out. If he is fantastic for two years and costs us a lot of money down the road then we at least benefited from that. If not, say good bye.

Yep. Half a season with the Boys, I have no loyalty to him.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this morning on some TV station that Demarcus Ware wants to work with the D and O line a few days a week. I think that can only help both sides.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper has all the leverage...all of it. The Cowboys gave up a 1st for him, they have to resign him. Gonna be the franchise tag

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get Zeke and Dak extended before messing with Cooper. But it makes more sense financially to wait on Zeke since we have that 5th year and the franchise tag which is relatively low for RB. If we wait on Cooper, his value likely can't go up much more, since he is near the top. His tag number is in the 16-17 range - a relative bargain for a year. So he could be just a two year rental if the FO look at it that way. The price on Dak just keeps getting higher the longer we wait.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no problem passing on safety in the draft because you don't take who the fans and Mel Kiper like, you take who your scouts and coaches like. But...this worried me. Hopefully they are just playing possum:
"We feel good about our safety position"

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means we can probably say adios to Byron Jones cause Jerry isn’t giving him this.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means we can probably say adios to Byron Jones cause Jerry isn’t giving him this.

Yeah, that's too much as we sit here today. BUT, if he has another All Pro year, I'm pretty sure we will be paying him or make that overpaying him and keeping him. For the first 12 games of the year he was the best corner in the NFL. What happened after that is the big question. If it was because of his hip, then we may see another great year. If he was just playing over his head and came back to Earth, I suspect we see that too

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this more no Frederick and Williams at LG...or...predictability and trying to run those stupid deep handoffs inside the 5 instead of just strapping on your chin strap and running the ball and winning the battle at the line...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this more no Frederick and Williams at LG...or...predictability and trying to run those stupid deep handoffs inside the 5 instead of just strapping on your chin strap and running the ball and winning the battle at the line...

That is one stat I can see being misleading. If you are on the 2 yard line it is hard to get more than 2 yards.

Also if it is 1st and 5yards to go, everyone knows that it is going to be a running play and D is geared to stop. If at the end they score a running TD and it takes them 3 tries well that will mess up the average as well.