• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read 11.5M cap hit this year after the signing bonus. Now go sign Cooper and reduce the cap number more.

Dak would be my choice from there, but that's just me, could lock Elliott for another 3 years I suppose.
I'd make Jones prove last year wasn't a freak thing and still draft another corner before round 6
I think they will lock up Dak now and save the Franchise tag for Zeke, but letting them all have a prove it again year isn't a bad idea. After adding Quinn and getting Fredrick back, this team can hang with anyone. Even better if their best players work hard for a career year before FA.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the DLaw contract is done. He was the best FA available. Now trade up and land either Abram,Thornhill or savage. Probably not likely,but we desperately need another play maker back there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So D Law is resigned. Quinn basically replaces Gregory. We now have a decent SS, but not likely the long term answer. I'm not sure if we have a real good starting LG but we have Williams who should improve with strength and Sua Filo who I thought was good and my sleeper pick Looney who impressed the Hell out of me last year maybe moving to OG if Frederick is back. We added Cooper and Gallup who I think are our starters for a few years. Maybe Jarwin continues developing or Schultz becomes a player at TE? I think we have a lot of numbers at DE now - I think Taco and Crawford (don't think he switches back) get almost as many snaps as Quinn and think Armstrong has potential, but still could use a good DT and Safety. If we ended up going there in the 2nd and 3rd I think it would be pretty ideal.

But, we closed our biggest holes and can go BPA for sure now which is what we are best at. I'd also love to see us add an OT. Smith is just too much of an injury risk to count on long term with that back and Collins is OK, but not what we expected and a FA after this year and is already being paid pretty well and I would guess wants more. Looks like the offseason has been a pretty good one. Maybe we need a SAM, but I still pray they move Lee there and if/when he gets hurt, so be it. I don't get the plan to have him on the sideline. I know we don't value the Strong side spot and whomever it is will play half the snaps at most, but damn would it be special to see Lee, Smith and LVE all on the field at once and then rotating in the nickel.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So D Law is resigned. Quinn basically replaces Gregory. We now have a decent SS, but not likely the long term answer. I'm not sure if we have a real good starting LG but we have Williams who should improve with strength and Sua Filo who I thought was good and my sleeper pick Looney who impressed the Hell out of me last year maybe moving to OG if Frederick is back. We added Cooper and Gallup who I think are our starters for a few years. Maybe Jarwin continues developing or Schultz becomes a player at TE? I think we have a lot of numbers at DE now - I think Taco and Crawford (don't think he switches back) get almost as many snaps as Quinn and think Armstrong has potential, but still could use a good DT and Safety. If we ended up going there in the 2nd and 3rd I think it would be pretty ideal.

But, we closed our biggest holes and can go BPA for sure now which is what we are best at. I'd also love to see us add an OT. Smith is just too much of an injury risk to count on long term with that back and Collins is OK, but not what we expected and a FA after this year and is already being paid pretty well and I would guess wants more. Looks like the offseason has been a pretty good one. Maybe we need a SAM, but I still pray they move Lee there and if/when he gets hurt, so be it. I don't get the plan to have him on the sideline. I know we don't value the Strong side spot and whomever it is will play half the snaps at most, but damn would it be special to see Lee, Smith and LVE all on the field at once and then rotating in the nickel.
Still hope we pick up another WR in the draft to push the group we have now.
Always think we draft trenches every year. May the best men win.
BPA sounds good to me as well.
Still want a big time DT which is at the top of my wish list however.
Hope Frederick comes back as good as new!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BPA for sure. No need to force anything, the team has no glaring holes. Could use depth all over, QB, RB, TE, OT, DT, S. I actually think WR, which has been rumored for us, is where we have the most depth. Coop, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Hurns, Brown, and Cedric Wilson returning from injury...that ain't bad, though the little dude from UMass is really interesting

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA for sure. No need to force anything, the team has no glaring holes. Could use depth all over, QB, RB, TE, OT, DT, S. I actually think WR, which has been rumored for us, is where we have the most depth. Coop, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Hurns, Brown, and Cedric Wilson returning from injury...that ain't bad, though the little dude from UMass is really interesting
we have passable players at WR for sure.
but Austin Hurns & Cobb to me wont be here for too long. In fact a couple might cancel a couple out when we start looking at cap. if we draft a new guy & he doesnt impress to cut one of these so be it. But keep the competition coming at that spot. Coop & Gallup are the only two I would think is safe. Would love Austin & his speed to make a difference in ST, but can he stay healthy?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but Austin Hurns & Cobb to me wont be here for too long. In fact a couple might cancel a couple out when we start looking at cap. if we draft a new guy & he doesnt impress to cut one of these so be it. But keep the competition coming at that spot. Coop & Gallup are the only two I would think is safe. Would love Austin & his speed to make a difference in ST, but can he stay healthy?
I think Cedric Wilson is gonna be a real player this season. WR is pretty deep in this years draft class, not a lot of great guys but a lot of good ones

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in seeing if Moore can find ways to get Austin the ball in space. I think if we can he adds a dynamic aspect to our Offense even if just 2 to 3 plays per game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about this. What I said about him being a FA next year was wrong. Since Jaylon didn't play at all his first year due to injury he isn't an unrestricted FA next year. So he will be with us for this year and next before we have to decide anything. The Cap situation keeps getting better and better for this team. Keeping him for $4.7M looks like it will be a steal.

Because he’ll have just three accrued seasons from 2017-2019, Jaylon will only be a restricted free agent next year. That gives the Cowboys nearly all the power, and they likely intend to use it.

The projected first-round RFA tender next year is around $4.7 million. If Smith keeps playing at his 2018 level then that will make him an absolute steal in 2020.

Some might think it a little cruel of the Cowboys to take advantage of this situation, but this is their reward for taking a chance on Jaylon three years ago. There was a chance he might have never returned to football, which would’ve wasted a 34th-overall draft pick. Dallas took a significant risk.

Also, remember that the Cowboys didn’t have Jaylon at all in 2016. They knew what they were getting into and are getting four years of bargain play like any other team does with it rookies, just through a little different means.