• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like some of the moves that were made, but I still feel like they missed an opportunity with Earl. We have a great team, but I feel like Earl could have taken us to the next step even if it meant taking a salary cap hit in the future. I wanna win now. Windows close fast in this league. Making sure we have all of our homegrown players signed doesn't guarantee a bright future. Gotta go for it now especially when the QB and RB still on rookie deals. Maybe if we sign fatboy Suh to a one year deal, I'd feel better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like some of the moves that were made, but I still feel like they missed an opportunity with Earl. We have a great team, but I feel like Earl could have taken us to the next step even if it meant taking a salary cap hit in the future. I wanna win now. Windows close fast in this league. Making sure we have all of our homegrown players signed doesn't guarantee a bright future. Gotta go for it now especially when the QB and RB still on rookie deals. Maybe if we sign fatboy Suh to a one year deal, I'd feel better.
I was torn on Earl all along. I think he would have been fantastic for this defense and was hoping we would sign him but I didn't want to give him a huge contract because there were so many other options out there that I thought could also help this team (even if nowhere near as good as Earl) but not upset our long term cap flexibility and while I'm sure he'll be fine I was a little worried about his injury and where he would be in a couple of years.

Basically I was going to be ok not signing Earl as long as we signed someone and part of that reason was I really Woods and I think he can grow into a good player and I've always felt you can get an in the box safety any year as long as you spend a few dollars to do it (which we hadn't done lately obviously) and it seems there are a lot of safeties in the draft this year that could help us. Mostly I wanted Heath out of the starting lineup. I suspect Earl will have his typical huge year and I'll look back and be disappointed, but we do have a lot of mouths to feed in the next couple of years.

I totally agree with you on Suh for one year. I think when I brought it up a couple of times most were against it, but he is EXACTLY what we need on the field and it seems to me that he has matured a little with the Rams. He can play either DT spot and move the other guys all down one notch which would also give us good depth. I am hoping he is still a FA after the draft. Maybe if we don't get a DT we revisit him later on if he is still unsigned.

Did Berry ever sign with anyone? He would be another guy I would reconsider after the draft if we don't find a safety as long as the doctors think it is worth the risk. They obviously didn't at his current asking price but I suspect if he is still available in another month his asking price comes way down and he may sign a one year prove he is healthy deal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy Randall Cobb will be excellent as a slot receiver.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy Randall Cobb will be excellent as a slot receiver.
that is my hope.
replaces lil chain mover until a rookie takes the job from the vet.
If it doesnt happen rinse & repeat in next years draft

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn on Earl all along. I think he would have been fantastic for this defense and was hoping we would sign him but I didn't want to give him a huge contract because there were so many other options out there that I thought could also help this team (even if nowhere near as good as Earl) but not upset our long term cap flexibility and while I'm sure he'll be fine I was a little worried about his injury and where he would be in a couple of years.

Basically I was going to be ok not signing Earl as long as we signed someone and part of that reason was I really Woods and I think he can grow into a good player and I've always felt you can get an in the box safety any year as long as you spend a few dollars to do it (which we hadn't done lately obviously) and it seems there are a lot of safeties in the draft this year that could help us. Mostly I wanted Heath out of the starting lineup. I suspect Earl will have his typical huge year and I'll look back and be disappointed, but we do have a lot of mouths to feed in the next couple of years.

I totally agree with you on Suh for one year. I think when I brought it up a couple of times most were against it, but he is EXACTLY what we need on the field and it seems to me that he has matured a little with the Rams. He can play either DT spot and move the other guys all down one notch which would also give us good depth. I am hoping he is still a FA after the draft. Maybe if we don't get a DT we revisit him later on if he is still unsigned.

Did Berry ever sign with anyone? He would be another guy I would reconsider after the draft if we don't find a safety as long as the doctors think it is worth the risk. They obviously didn't at his current asking price but I suspect if he is still available in another month his asking price comes way down and he may sign a one year prove he is healthy deal.

Berry still a FA.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give a B+ so far. Getting Cobb and Quinn was huge. Signing Lawrence is big. Now if we can get either,Savage,thornhill or abram in the draft this defense is going to be a legit defense that we have not really seen in Dallas since the early to mid 90's.

Reactions: GNG

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have passable players at WR for sure.
but Austin Hurns & Cobb to me wont be here for too long. In fact a couple might cancel a couple out when we start looking at cap. if we draft a new guy & he doesnt impress to cut one of these so be it. But keep the competition coming at that spot. Coop & Gallup are the only two I would think is safe. Would love Austin & his speed to make a difference in ST, but can he stay healthy?

His injuries worry the hell out of me. Dude can not stay healthy after one catch.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has turned sown a couple of offers. He may end up like Dez and wait to long
I think he outpriced himself.
I would have loved to take a logical chance on him.
But not willing to overpay for him.
Rather just draft a safety if we can.

Forgot who, but whoever landed Weddle got a helluva a deal. (Rams maybe)

Reactions: GNG

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he outpriced himself.
I would have loved to take a logical chance on him.
But not willing to overpay for him.
Rather just draft a safety if we can.

Forgot who, but whoever landed Weddle got a helluva a deal. (Rams maybe)
Weddle is a heck of a player

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has turned sown a couple of offers. He may end up like Dez and wait to long
Berry has missed almost half of his career. I think any chance at a big pay day is gone for him unless he signs for a cheap one year deal and plays great for 16 games.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This front office has made lots of good move this offseason. There were two moves we made last year that I did not really like. Really dont get why we drafted Switzer and then traded him. Then we traded Charvarious Ward after he played damn good in pre-season. The ward trade pissed me off and it still pisses me off. Good corners dont grow on trees

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This front office has made lots of good move this offseason. There were two moves we made last year that I did not really like. Really dont get why we drafted Switzer and then traded him. Then we traded Charvarious Ward after he played damn good in pre-season. The ward trade pissed me off and it still pisses me off. Good corners dont grow on trees

Well they did get an injured OL back who got injured again and then waived. Sounds like a good trade.

I just read that he has been picked up by Jacksonville. I won't remember but I would like to see what he turns out to be.