• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitt and Balt SB contenders but not us?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Their defense, especially the pass rush and the schemes they use, their secondary, their wide receivers, their quarterback, their running game, their coaching and their big game experience.

Haha...yeah, I think we ate some pie on Thursday, and I'm not talking about pumpkin. I think this loss will serve us well in about seven weeks.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha...yeah, I think we ate some pie on Thursday, and I'm not talking about pumpkin. I think this loss will serve us well in about seven weeks.

Agreed. I think this will wake them up and bring them back to reality. I still believe they will close the season at 12 and 4 and get the #2 seed. Since there are no dominant defensive teams in the NFC, they could possibly win a playoff game as well. The team is clearly not "there" yet, but they have an excellent foundation and if this group stays together and they add a few pieces, they'll be good for several years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While I agree that a wake-up call may be a good thing for this team, people are making too much out of the loss IMO. It was always going to be a tough game. Short week, long trip, hostile environment, very good team. But it's not like we've been exposed as pretenders. Virtually every NFL team will have an off week. We had one against one of the better teams in the league, and it still wasn't a blowout. We'll be fine if we can learn from this one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I agree that a wake-up call may be a good thing for this team, people are making too much out of the loss IMO. It was always going to be a tough game. Short week, long trip, hostile environment, very good team. But it's not like we've been exposed as pretenders. Virtually every NFL team will have an off week. We had one against one of the better teams in the league, and it still wasn't a blowout. We'll be fine if we can learn from this one.

after reading this board all week, not getting this at all. surprised it isn't happening, but its good.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. I think this will wake them up and bring them back to reality. I still believe they will close the season at 12 and 4 and get the #2 seed. Since there are no dominant defensive teams in the NFC, they could possibly win a playoff game as well. The team is clearly not "there" yet, but they have an excellent foundation and if this group stays together and they add a few pieces, they'll be good for several years.

12-4 is more than reasonable, I'm hoping for at least 13-3 as I would hate to end a 9-1 (8-0) start with a 3-3 finish, but 12-4 is certainly reasonable.

I also agree our foundation and especially our D could/should get us a win in the playoffs, but as you said, we are not "there" yet.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
after reading this board all week, not getting this at all. surprised it isn't happening, but its good.

Completely agree! I have been away so I have not read all the comments, but those I have read seem to be very reasonable and intelligent as opposed to emotionally charged and distorted. Good to see you around, Deep!

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed. I didn't mean to suggest it was. For all the reasons you said this was a game the 49ers were probably going to lose. I just did not like seeing them embarrassed and outclassed offensively. Not even in the Singletary era did they have such a meager offensive output as they did on Thursday with their 170 yards.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest disappointment was the collapse of the O-Line. I really can't understand why Anthony Davis plays so horrible when paired with Rachal.. but he's pretty solid with Snyder by his side. That doesn't make any damn sense.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It was not a disaster or an embarrassment and I am anxious to see how the team responds against the Rams. It could turn out being good for the team. They hadn't faced much adversity in awhile.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
12-4 is more than reasonable, I'm hoping for at least 13-3 as I would hate to end a 9-1 (8-0) start with a 3-3 finish, but 12-4 is certainly reasonable.

I also agree our foundation and especially our D could/should get us a win in the playoffs, but as you said, we are not "there" yet.

They would be 13 and 3 if they win all the games they should win. I think, however, they will be beaten handily by Pittsburgh and will not sweep the division. They'll have it locked up so early that I think they'll have a let down at the end; most likely against Seattle. 12 and 4 though should get the job done for a first round bye and second round home playoff game. That's all I'm asking for.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was not a disaster or an embarrassment and I am anxious to see how the team responds against the Rams. It could turn out being good for the team. They hadn't faced much adversity in awhile.

Disagree. 170 yards of offense, a record for fultility even counting the Singletary era, nine sacks and complete domination of both sides of the line of scrimmage is emabrrassing.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Disagree. 170 yards of offense, a record for fultility even counting the Singletary era, nine sacks and complete domination of both sides of the line of scrimmage is emabrrassing.

10 point game on short rest after traveling across the country. The Niners held Rive to less than three yards per carry and Flacco had only 160 yards passing. The Ravens are tough but just squeaked out the win.
It wasn't a great game by the 49ers but not shameful.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A slightly misleading Stat if you're ignoring the 40 yards lost from sacks

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I haven't been keeping up with all the chatter, and I'm referring specifically to Nonsense and maybe one or two others. Not intending to attribute that position to everyone. Perhaps that wasn't clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
10 point game on short rest after traveling across the country. The Niners held Rive to less than three yards per carry and Flacco had only 160 yards passing. The Ravens are tough but just squeaked out the win.It wasn't a great game by the 49ers but not shameful.

Squeeked out a win? Did you see the game? It wasn't nearly as close as the score might indicate.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

For the record, I took the statement above to mean that the team was not ready to challenge a good team in the playoffs this season. I disagree with that. Our QB puts us at a disadvantage against quite a few teams, but when our D is playing well - as they have consistently throughout the season - we can hang with most everyone. A short week, especially with the travel, will hurt us more than a very experienced team like the Ravens, especially since they've been using effectively the same system for several years. Given a full week or more to prep, though, I think we can hang with the class of the NFL.

If you meant something else by "there," let me know.