• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitt and Balt SB contenders but not us?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With our playoff chances looking really good, do you see Harbs going more vanilla and saving his creativness for the post season?[/QUOTE]

Hope not. They won't be able to play that way in the playoffs and survive. They'll need to work on passing the ball in real game situations.

agree, its not so much calling more creative plays, although they should have a more ready. but throw a FEW more passes downfield each game? this helps EVERYBODY on offense work on their weak points, not just Alex/Crabtree/Edwards. even TE's and RB's need to work on various blitz pick ups.

this Giant game may turn out critical for seeding, so ok if they don't "stretch the field" this Sunday. but there might be good opportunity in West games.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's hard though because you can't trust him to catch the ball.

Actually, Ghost, Vernon has been Smith's most reliable receiver and one of the (if not the) most reliable receiver in the entire league up to this point based on his targets/reception percentage.

What has reunited me with my concern about Davis was his drop yesterday. That was WAY too familiar for my liking. We don't go after many big plays, but when we do and the ball is thrown perfectly, our receivers have to make those catches.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon's fine. He dropped one in that game, but he's really improved in that area since his rookie stone hands days.

I'm sure he's hitting the jugs machine extra hard again this week after missing that opportunity.

What they seriously need to do is stretch out his T-Rex arms.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, Ghost, Vernon has been Smith's most reliable receiver and one of the (if not the) most reliable receiver in the entire league up to this point based on his targets/reception percentage.

What has reunited me with my concern about Davis was his drop yesterday. That was WAY too familiar for my liking. We don't go after many big plays, but when we do and the ball is thrown perfectly, our receivers have to make those catches.

That surprises me. I always cross my fingers when the ball is going to him.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon's fine. He dropped one in that game, but he's really improved in that area since his rookie stone hands days.

I'm sure he's hitting the jugs machine extra hard again this week after missing that opportunity.

What they seriously need to do is stretch out his T-Rex arms.

Ha ha ha! That reminds me of the joke about the T-Rex dinosaur who has the gigantic dick but little teeny arms that can't reach it.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That surprises me. I always cross my fingers when the ball is going to him.

Davis works the Jugs machine constantly and it has helped him to improve measurably. What yesterday's drop was all about was a lapse in concentration.

Now, what might help is getting him involved earlier in the game like Walsh use to do with Rice. For some, it helps them to get into the game mentally and into receiving mode.

Until yesterday, Morgan led the league in receiving %.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did anybody else get the impression that Vernon Davis was too pumped up yesterday? Could those drops and fumble be a result of his first game back home and he was pushing it too much?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just think he had a bad game more than anything. Happens to everyone except like Jerry Rice.

These guys aren't getting a lot of targets, so they're pushing hard to do the most with the ones they get. The fumble was a result of that I think. I notice Crabtree was amped up in recent games too flying around to make some plays. It's great, but they need to calm down.

That's another reason I want them to start opening it up because you don't want this stuff showing up in the playoffs when Gore's contained and everyone is REALLY amped up to make plays.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did anybody else get the impression that Vernon Davis was too pumped up yesterday? Could those drops and fumble be a result of his first game back home and he was pushing it too much?

Good point. Vernon mentioned in an interview before the game that he was going to have something like 90 friends and family in attendance. So, it is certainly plausible that could have played a role.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy, but ESPN has Cincy listed as the #1 seed in the AFC right now based on tie breakers......

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Jones had hops! Lol

Guess crack helps.. : /

If we had Matt Jones and Vince Young we'd win the superbowl this year! Who was it that was all over Jones and Youngs nutts on the espn board? haha

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So don't get me wrong; I'm still THRILLED at the improvement, coaching, personnel, etc this season. But I think after this loss we're coming back to realitiy after a very high high at this point.

The Niners might be able to hang with the Ravens on a neutral field. MIGHT... But I just think they're easily more talented than the Niners.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the short week and travelling across the country finally got to us as well.
I think it had an effect. I'm not using it as an excuse, the Ravens outplayed us.

I actually think our defense is just as good as theirs, and younger.

On the offensive side of the ball, there's a difference. Alot of the Ravens pass plays are of the 15 yards downfield variety, our passing game was shorter so the Ravens could get big chunks downfield faster. Our passing game is more dink and dunk.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those ticky tac calls was the difference in a win or a loss in my opinion the chop and pi lost us the game hands down idc how many sacks they got all that started after those two plays if not for that i dont think they would have scored a TD