• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 3

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the draft being just 3 days away if you had 3 chances to guess who the Cowboys are going to draft, who do you think it's going to be. I think after the 2 qb's are picked I think there's going to be a run on wr and LB's/DE's depending on the system teams use. I think we will have a chance at some decent players. MY guess are the following.

1. Malcolm Brown DT Texas
2. Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin
3. Marcus Peters CB Washington I think Peters is our guy

I'm hoping we get Either Trae Waynes. We'd have to trade up to get this guy or Shane Ray. Ray needs to get stronger at the point of attack to have some success in the NFL and also needs to put on some weight and to increase his overall strength. Word is if he bulks up he can be a DE in 4-3. he's probable a better fit for a 3-4

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the draft being just 3 days away if you had 3 chances to guess who the Cowboys are going to draft, who do you think it's going to be. I think after the 2 qb's are picked I think there's going to be a run on wr and LB's/DE's depending on the system teams use. I think we will have a chance at some decent players. MY guess are the following.

I'm hoping we get Either Trae Waynes. We'd have to trade up to get this guy or Shane Ray. Ray needs to get stronger at the point of attack to have some success in the NFL and also needs to put on some weight and to increase his overall strength. Word is if he bulks up he can be a DE in 4-3. he's probable a better fit for a 3-4
I'd be ecstatic if any of those 3 are on the board, all 3 would be instant impact IMO, and would be value picks. Here's 3 I like if those 3 are gone

CB Kevin Johnson
LB Eric Kendricks
RB Tevin Coleman

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really think they go after either Gurley or Gordon if no AP trade is on their radar. Simply wouldn't trust a second tier RB with something as important as maintaining our team identity. Too much at risk here. If both are gone by 27, then you trade down into the top of the 2nd round if the opportunity presents itself, and pick up another draft pick. I trust that Carr will see the light and restructure after the draft when most of the higher paying CB spots will have already dried up by then. Play for us for less, or play for some bums at the same reduced price. Don't want to reach for a rookie CB in this draft to make this team's defense better either. Scandrick almost blew a fuse over even the thought of this when he was asked. Relying on a rookie CB to make your defense better, is almost laughable.

I think it's Coleman or Ajayi in the 2nd round, and Odigy in the 1st because of Hardy's current status. If they trade down into the top of 2nd round, they could conceivably group/switch picks to move back up into the mid 2nd round for Coleman. I think Frank Clark in the top of 4th and either Petty or Hundley in the 3rd are good possibilities. Weeden sucks, and you never know if Romo will make it through an entire season.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 3 names you listed. I think all 3 have the potential to be there and all 3 would make us think real hard about taking them. Personally I wouldn't take Gordon (I would take the other 2) but would be fine if the team liked him enough to take him there.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, I see this going wherever we can get the best value at runningback as being the driver. I don't think there will be many options on the table that we can count on for a 3 down guy. I'm 99.99% sure Gurley is gone. Gordon may also go before our pick and I will assume both are gone here. So the remaining two in my mind are Ajayi and Coleman. I think we target a team to move back into the early-mid second round. But -instead of taking Coleman/Ajayi with that pick, we target a DB. My guess is we are going after that Randall from ASU. Then with the aquired draft pick as ammunition, we wait for either Coleman or Ajayi to get taken. Once that happens, we spring up from #60 to put ourselves in position to take the other one.
I think we come away with Randall and Coleman.

1. Gordon (if he's there)
2. D. Randall (I think this is our guy)
3. Ajayi/Coleman (I would take Coleman, but the Dallas brass may like Ajayi better)

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys to host UCLA's Eric Kendricks, Owamagbe Odighizuwa - NFL.com

Bob Sturms 2015 NFL Draft profile: What I see in Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA | | Dallas Morning News

Summary: Overall, I really like this player for the Cowboys in the late 1st or 2nd. He is perfect for their scheme and he possesses the tools that Rod Marinelli values with a high motor and a relentless battle level. He seems like the type of young piece that you could add to Tyrone Crawford and DeMarcus Lawrence and feel pretty solid about, provided he passes all of his medical exams to make sure the hip is not the sort of thing that is recurring. His production has not been quite as high as I might like at UCLA (6 sacks, 11.5 tackles for loss in 2014), but keep in mind that he really was working his way back and had a quiet first month. After that, his production was pretty solid for the remainder of the year. You don’t always find defensive ends who appear to have better than average ability at pass rushing and run stopping, but I think Odighizuwa can be that type of guy. He appears to be a piece that Marinelli could really mold into another edge rush option that could offer reasonably-priced sacks for years to come. I would keep an eye on this guy in the Cowboys range.

Personally, I would not even think of Odigy here if Hardy was suspended for only let's say 2-6 games, but this team must now operate under the belief that they may not have him for 10 games. That changes my belief. Hardy is a one year rental, and Odigy adds leverage to any future negotiations and whether they decide to keep Hardy or not after this season....not to mention dollar and cap leverage with the possible high cost of retaining Hardy after this season in guaranteed money. Their season could be over without a pass rush by the 11th game, so securing a pass rush help now is a legit concern for them over most anything else except for RB.

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, I see this going wherever we can get the best value at runningback as being the driver. I don't think there will be many options on the table that we can count on for a 3 down guy. I'm 99.99% sure Gurley is gone. Gordon may also go before our pick and I will assume both are gone here. So the remaining two in my mind are Ajayi and Coleman. I think we target a team to move back into the early-mid second round. But -instead of taking Coleman/Ajayi with that pick, we target a DB. My guess is we are going after that Randall from ASU. Then with the aquired draft pick as ammunition, we wait for either Coleman or Ajayi to get taken. Once that happens, we spring up from #60 to put ourselves in position to take the other one.
I think we come away with Randall and Coleman.

1. Gordon (if he's there)
2. D. Randall (I think this is our guy)
3. Ajayi/Coleman (I would take Coleman, but the Dallas brass may like Ajayi better)

I like Akayi more so than Coleman.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft seems to be loaded with talent, of course only a fraction of these guys will actually meet up to their projected talent. I actually like every scenario that's been laid out. I think this draft really stacks up in favor of our needs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft seems to be loaded with talent, of course only a fraction of these guys will actually meet up to their projected talent. I actually like every scenario that's been laid out. I think this draft really stacks up in favor of our needs.
I agree, and expect the Cowboys to move up or back in the first couple of rounds to get the guys they want, like they did last year to get Lawrence. sitting at 27 and 60, they might not come away with a Byron Jones and Tevin Coleman or Melvin Gordon and Jalen Collins, but with a little maneuvering, they can probably seriously upgrade a couple of spots

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think they go after either Gurley or Gordon if no AP trade is on their radar. Simply wouldn't trust a second tier RB with something as important as maintaining our team identity. Too much at risk here. If both are gone by 27, then you trade down into the top of the 2nd round if the opportunity presents itself, and pick up another draft pick. I trust that Carr will see the light and restructure after the draft when most of the higher paying CB spots will have already dried up by then. Play for us for less, or play for some bums at the same reduced price. Don't want to reach for a rookie CB in this draft to make this team's defense better either. Scandrick almost blew a fuse over even the thought of this when he was asked. Relying on a rookie CB to make your defense better, is almost laughable.

I think it's Coleman or Ajayi in the 2nd round, and Odigy in the 1st because of Hardy's current status. If they trade down into the top of 2nd round, they could conceivably group/switch picks to move back up into the mid 2nd round for Coleman. I think Frank Clark in the top of 4th and either Petty or Hundley in the 3rd are good possibilities. Weeden sucks, and you never know if Romo will make it through an entire season.

Just where did we pick up Murray? 3rd round? I don't remember the draft and don't know who RB wise went before him but I think a second tier RB could keep it going for us if we had the other right pieces.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"With the draft being just 3 days away if you had 3 chances to guess who the Cowboys are going to draft, who do you think it's going to be. I think after the 2 qb's are picked I think there's going to be a run on wr and LB's/DE's depending on the system teams use. I think we will have a chance at some decent players. MY guess are the following.

I'm hoping we get Either Trae Waynes. We'd have to trade up to get this guy or Shane Ray. Ray needs to get stronger at the point of attack to have some success in the NFL and also needs to put on some weight and to increase his overall strength. Word is if he bulks up he can be a DE in 4-3. he's probable a better fit for a 3-4"

I really like Peters a lot also, and think he may be the most pro ready of the CB group, however, I just don't see him sliding to 27. If he is there though, I could definitely see them pulling the trigger if they don't see Carr returning. Would also rather see them restructure Carr after the draft and save the dead money next year, and not just roll the dice on an inexperienced rookie corner play (unless it was a top 10 talent). This D, especially the back end, is still vulnerable without a proven and consistent pass rush. With the current status of Hardy now, I think pass rush has become a priority over corner now as well IMO....or else why take all that heat with the Hardy signing now?

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking Dallas takes Hundley (QB) in round 2 if he's there. It makes so much sense. I just read a draft guide today saying he has the tools to be a stud but needs a year or two in a back-up role to work on his footwork. Perfect scenario for Dallas.

Ray might be a great pick in the first cause he has top 15 potential but might slide cause of the reefer.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking Dallas takes Hundley (QB) in round 2 if he's there. It makes so much sense. I just read a draft guide today saying he has the tools to be a stud but needs a year or two in a back-up role to work on his footwork. Perfect scenario for Dallas.

Ray might be a great pick in the first cause he has top 15 potential but might slide cause of the reefer.
Yea to Ray. Piss on that 2nd round choice

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Hundley as well. He reminds me a little of Russell Wilson (only taller) with his feet and passing ability, leadership, smarts, and confidence. They could even use him in certain goal line and short yardage situations to help preserve Romo's career until he is ready to play in a couple years. Don't see team pulling the trigger on him in the 2nd round though. Maybe trade up into the top of 3rd round with a next year pick (since they may get a comp 3rd for Murray) or an acquired trade down pick from this draft if he slides out of the 2nd round, which is very possible. I think it's time to start grooming a QB, even if he is not Romo's eventual successor, that can step in and show some potential if your 35 year QB with back problems is no longer there for you because of injury over the next two seasons. I really have become nauseous with the Weedens and these experimental QBs becomming the only answer. Hundley would be a good choice for a team like this that lives with the running game.

I like you're thinking here though.

Last edited:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typo: I like your thinking here though.

Hundley would definitely add a new dimension to their running and passing game, not to mention another possible running option, while helping to limit the amount of hits on Romo game after game. Is this team capable of looking that far outside the box though?? I seriously doubt it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typo: I like your thinking here though.

Hundley would definitely add a new dimension to their running and passing game, not to mention another possible running option, while helping to limit the amount of hits on Romo game after game. Is this team capable of looking that far outside the box though?? I seriously doubt it.
"Is this team capable of looking that far outside the box?? I seriously doubt it"

You do realize the Cowboys have drafted as well as just about anyone in the league the last 5 years, right?

IMO, Hundley is a flop waiting to happen, but with a team that was one play away from a conference championship game, taking a QB who is a project in the 2nd round, instead of a RB or defensive player who could start, isn't thinking outside the box, it's making a mistake

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we were to pull the trigger on a QB this year, Petty will be the guy. I think Jason likes him some Petty. I would be good with that decision b/c they are looking ahead, groom the guy with arm talent. It's okay if he is flawed right now. Let him work beside Romo, coach him up. I would cringe if we took any QB before the 3rd. Too many holes this year to do that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we were to pull the trigger on a QB this year, Petty will be the guy. I think Jason likes him some Petty. I would be good with that decision b/c they are looking ahead, groom the guy with arm talent. It's okay if he is flawed right now. Let him work beside Romo, coach him up. I would cringe if we took any QB before the 3rd. Too many holes this year to do that.
I think the Cowboys would love to find Petty around the 4th round

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Is this team capable of looking that far outside the box?? I seriously doubt it"

You do realize the Cowboys have drafted as well as just about anyone in the league the last 5 years, right?

IMO, Hundley is a flop waiting to happen, but with a team that was one play away from a conference championship game, taking a QB who is a project in the 2nd round, instead of a RB or defensive player who could start, isn't thinking outside the box, it's making a mistake

You do realize here that you've just contradicted yourself in the same post don't you??...and when did I post here that it was ok for them to take Hundley in the 2nd round?? Reading issues again?? smh

Hundley was brought in for a private work out by this team for a reason, so obviously they have some sort of interest in him right??...yet you say they have drafted as well as anyone over the last 5 years??..lol

So because YOU think Hundley will be a flop, God forbid anyone challenges Romo in your little mind, that makes it inevitable that he will be?? Right.

The difference between you and I? I speak in terms of possibilities and probabilities, while you and your Yahoos club here speak in terms of absolution or some already proven fact. You just lose all credibility when posting from sheer personal emotions, and not from actual occurrences.

So yes, that does make me much more smarter then you.

Last edited: