• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd love to start grooming Romo's replacement now I'm hesitant on Petty, decent amount of red flags there:

WEAKNESSES
Scouts concerned he could be product of Baylor's one-read system. Has tendency to spray the ball against zone coverage on intermediate routes. Can extend plays but won't make many plays downfield once he extends. Mistakes happen when forced to come off of first read. Struggles when defenders are near his feet. Yards per attempt declined in 2014 and screens were a much higher percentage of his passes. Struggles to pull himself from the doldrums when having a poor game. Nose of the ball dives when he doesn't drive throws with his lower body. Must learn to read defenses and get through his progressions when he joins the NFL.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd love to start grooming Romo's replacement now I'm hesitant on Petty, decent amount of red flags there:

WEAKNESSES
Scouts concerned he could be product of Baylor's one-read system. Has tendency to spray the ball against zone coverage on intermediate routes. Can extend plays but won't make many plays downfield once he extends. Mistakes happen when forced to come off of first read. Struggles when defenders are near his feet. Yards per attempt declined in 2014 and screens were a much higher percentage of his passes. Struggles to pull himself from the doldrums when having a poor game. Nose of the ball dives when he doesn't drive throws with his lower body. Must learn to read defenses and get through his progressions when he joins the NFL.

I suppose some of these flaws can be ironed out if he sits for 2-3 seasons, still a big question mark to me, especially in a year where we can still get an impact guy in the 4th.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize here that you've just contradicted yourself in the same post don't you??...and when did I post here that it was ok for them to take Hundley in the 2nd round?? Reading issues again?? smh

Hundley was brought in for a private work out by this team for a reason, so obviously they have some sort of interest in him right??...yet you say they have drafted as well as anyone over the last 5 years??..lol

So because YOU think Hundley will be a flop, God forbid anyone challenges Romo in your little mind, that makes it inevitable that he will be?? Right.

The difference between you and I? I speak in terms of possibilities and probabilities, while you and your Yahoos club here speak in terms of absolution or some already proven fact. You just lose all credibility when post from emotions and not from actual occurrences.

So yes, that does make me much more smarter then you.
Since you are so much smarter than all the Yahoo's here, why don't you seek another board that contains posters who are closer to your advanced intellectual level.....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose some of these flaws can be ironed out if he sits for 2-3 seasons, still a big question mark to me, especially in a year where we can still get an impact guy in the 4th.
I think you hit the nail on the head with the 2-3 seasons comment. I think there are some guys who could develop, like Petty, but none who are ready to play right away, and that includes the guys going 1 and 2

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant!

It's too easy to pick on you, man. LOL! I promise I'll stop...

My bad, I meant "than"....doesn't change my post here one bit though. Do you two have drinks together as well after your done posting here?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and expect the Cowboys to move up or back in the first couple of rounds to get the guys they want, like they did last year to get Lawrence. sitting at 27 and 60, they might not come away with a Byron Jones and Tevin Coleman or Melvin Gordon and Jalen Collins, but with a little maneuvering, they can probably seriously upgrade a couple of spots

Agree. Every year we hear that they have around 15 guys with first round grades. If one of those guys is still there midway through the second I think they move up to get him.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking Dallas takes Hundley (QB) in round 2 if he's there. It makes so much sense. I just read a draft guide today saying he has the tools to be a stud but needs a year or two in a back-up role to work on his footwork. Perfect scenario for Dallas.

Ray might be a great pick in the first cause he has top 15 potential but might slide cause of the reefer.
I like Hundley and I'd love to have a guy who sits and learns for a year, there's no way in this world that Houston or the Bills or Jets let him get to us. In particularly Houston who are just a franchise QB away from competing on a high level. I hate Houston, but their window is rather large.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hundley and I'd love to have a guy who sits and learns for a year, there's no way in this world that Houston or the Bills or Jets let him get to us. In particularly Houston who are just a franchise QB away from competing on a high level. I hate Houston, but their window is rather large.

I don't deal in absolutes like many do here, unless of course it's a player widely accepted to project into the top part of the 1st round. Just too many variables involved in the draft to even think that way. I can see Hundley sliding to the top part of the 3rd round, but not much further. He intrigues me because he can throw and run, is poised, smart, and just needs some refinement in his game and can sit for a couple of years and learn. He also could be used sparingly in this offense, creatively, in short yardage and and red zone situations, not to mention as a 3rd running back under certain game conditions whom can burn you with his arm or his legs. I also like the idea of giving Romo breathers during games to help prolong his playing career and take some of the pressure off of him having to create on his own every play.

Can this team think that far outside the box?? Probably not. They are probably too fixated on Romo and his arm to see the possibilities here, but if this team was able to become more unpredictable with the run versus the pass, I could see them becoming a more dangerous and unpredictable team.

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters reminds me of Claiborne, but with much better ball skills and instincts. He could flourish in this system. But I look at him and just don't see him having the speed needed to be a great nfl corner

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like darby from fsu more than most. He has the speed to become a shutdown corner. He would be rated much higher if he could catch the ball.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tj yeldon is a feature back and worth looking at in round 2. Ajayi is the other one that looks like the real deal

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Marcus Peters for obvious reasons

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters reminds me of Claiborne, but with much better ball skills and instincts. He could flourish in this system. But I look at him and just don't see him having the speed needed to be a great nfl corner
Peters has had off the field issues.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking Dallas takes Hundley (QB) in round 2 if he's there. It makes so much sense. I just read a draft guide today saying he has the tools to be a stud but needs a year or two in a back-up role to work on his footwork. Perfect scenario for Dallas.

Ray might be a great pick in the first cause he has top 15 potential but might slide cause of the reefer.

I'm not sure when I'd look his way, but I kind of like Hundley too. I also think Ray could be in play for Dallas now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure when I'd look his way, but I kind of like Hundley too. I also think Ray could be in play for Dallas now.
It would be interesting to see if Jerry would pull the trigger on Ray or Gregory if they fell. After signing Hardy, he couldn't use character concerns as a reason not to lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to see if Jerry would pull the trigger on Ray or Gregory if they fell. After signing Hardy, he couldn't use character concerns as a reason not to lol

Yeah it's a delicate spot. You also don't want to get that reputation and go back down the road of "the Cowboys don't care about character or off the field issues and will sign anyone"

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's a delicate spot. You also don't want to get that reputation and go back down the road of "the Cowboys don't care about character or off the field issues and will sign anyone"
Exactly. If the Cowboys get too much bad publicity, Jerry might pass on a Randy Moss someday