• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly Fans on Richards Trade

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HILARIOUS how almost every Flyer fan I read on any board has to keep talking about whether they "won" the Carter and Richards trades.
What none of them realize is the only reason they keep talking about the trades is they haven't won crap since the trades. Kings fans never discuss the trades because it is inherently obvious that Richards and Carter helped us WIN THE CUP, you idiotic Flyer morons!
You couldn't have won the Richards trade, because that means the Kings lost the trade--every King fan knows we don't win the Cup without Richards (Flyer fans keep talking about how Quick and Kopitar and Brown won Kings the Cup, and Richards was incidental).
The average Flyer fan is a know-nothing hockey MORON!!

(Thanks for listening, guys--had to vent after unfortunately ingesting Flyer vomit)
Go Kings! Kick their ass tonight.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can you expect from sports fans that boo Santa Claus? Yeah I know it was at an Eagles football game but it's basically the same group of fans.

Ox

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the writers in Philly are a bit off their rockers. I loved Simmonds when he was here, but...

Simmonds continues making trade a win for Flyers

That's because the media here is under the thumb of Ed Snider, where you'll report things from the Flyer point of view, or he'll have you replaced. Kinda like the Anaheim TV crew, only in Philly it extends to the print media too.

This is actually the third article this guy's written on this subject this season. I wrote back once, and he said it was interesting to read a Kings fan's perspective, but, much like Pucky said in the OP, the Kings won because of Quick, not Richards.

:rollseyes:

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops...I meant Psych.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I argued with a few of those guys...they told me just wait, we will see.

Still waiting

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. BS call

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the writers in Philly are a bit off their rockers. I loved Simmonds when he was here, but...

Simmonds continues making trade a win for Flyers

That's some Grade A knob gobbling there. I loved Simmonds too, but this yokel doesn't take into account the Kings play a defensive system and Simmonds wouldn't be in the top 6 even with Richards gone. He had his moments, he is an exciting player but the systems in LA are completely different.

I think until either of those guys contribute like Carter ad Richards did when LA won the Cup, the Flyers cannot say they won the trade. At all.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't have won the Richards trade, because that means the Kings lost the trade--every King fan knows we don't win the Cup without Richards (Flyer fans keep talking about how Quick and Kopitar and Brown won Kings the Cup, and Richards was incidental).
The average Flyer fan is a know-nothing hockey MORON!!

(Thanks for listening, guys--had to vent after unfortunately ingesting Flyer vomit)
Go Kings! Kick their ass tonight.

I read a lot of that too. Maybe they just need their memory refreshed:

Richards:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mVgeoqoP58]Mike Richards hit on Alexandre Burrows. Los Angeles Kings vs Vancouver Canucks 4/11/12 NHL Hockey - YouTube[/ame]

This hit by Richards, I believe in Game 1 of the WCSFs set the tone for the entire series in my opinion. Vancouver never really recovered from this an it just got worse with hits like Brown on Sedin. If Richards doesn't do this it doesn't send the message that we're here to F you up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqe90SE6Kg]Mike Richards Goal:Los Angeles Kings @ St. Louis Blues Game 2 4/30/12 - YouTube[/ame]

31 seconds into Game 2 against the Blues. Tone setting? You better believe it - the Kings rolled 5-2 in this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgP4u9zM5I0]Mike Richards Deflected Goal LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Playoffs 6/8/13 - YouTube[/ame]

That one is from last year's playoffs against the Hawks to tie the game and send it to OT. The Kings would lose in 2OT but without Richards being there in front of the net the Kings don't even get to OT.

Add in all the little things he does, and he is one hell of a contributor to this franchise. I'd like to see him get going offensively but he isn't a liability at least and is a pure leader and competitor. This franchise has needed someone fiery like that for some time.

Carter:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkxe5p2kmTY]Kings Jeff Carter Nets Hat Trick 5/15/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Hat trick in Game 2 of the WCFs, also the GW goal (Kings won 4-0).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9xvK93VXY]Kings Jeff Carter OT Winner 6/2/12 - YouTube[/ame]

OT game winner, Game 2 of the SCFs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbWSkQ8E_Q]Jeff Carter goal. New Jersey Devils vs LA Kings Stanley Cup Game 6 6/11/12 NHL Hockey - YouTube[/ame]

Cup clinching goal in Game 6 of the SCFs. Kings won 6-1.

Yeah, these two were pedestrians for the Kings Cup win. Enjoy Simmonds and Schenn, solid players, but NOT STANLEY CUP WINNING CONTRIBUTING PLAYERS!

Morons.

=)~~

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point, Puck. Thank you for laying it out in multi-media format.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards still upset about the no goal breakaway penalty
I think he needed more than the Kings.
Something to get the ball rolling

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly was supposed to be on their 3-cup win streak right now, they might have mis-judged the trade