• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should there be pressure on Joel Embid?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, guy who plays great at home, played great at home. Now let’s see what he would do on the road…….. oh that’s right Embiid doesn’t play the Nuggets on the road as evident by him skipping the last 4 matchups.
That’s bull shit. It’s 4 games. I know basketball isn’t your thing and your nut riding a moment of relevancy in shit sports market but you have to give the group think better scrutiny. Look into the circumstances. Prior to the other night the most recent two came during a period of extended absence, one for Covid, one for injury. It’s a non conference game. This timing bought Embiid 3 successive days of rest on a soft tissue injury. After they dropped 3 of 4 in the Bulls, Bulls, Warriors, Suns string the hope of a 1 or 2 seed sailed. This man can’t win. On this very board the day of the game people like you and others were complaining that he cares more about the MVP than he should. The team makes a decision to prioritize health in the playoffs over an individual award and all of a sudden the narrative becomes he’s ducking a player he’s dominated head to head his whole career.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why the man is an overrated anomaly that cheats analytics that over value defensive rebounds. The only value he presents as a center on the defensive end is the only thing that’s left. He can’t guard a man one-on-one. He can’t protect the rim (as evidenced in this tweet). What’s left? When you get cooked and blown by, when you can’t help off your man to contest a shot, all that is left is for you to hope and pray that it’s a miss and you get a rebound as a 7 footer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why the man is an overrated anomaly that cheats analytics that over value defensive rebounds. The only value he presents as a center on the defensive end is the only thing that’s left. He can’t guard a man one-on-one. He can’t protect the rim (as evidenced in this tweet). What’s left? When you get cooked and blown by, when you can’t help off your man to contest a shot, all that is left is for you to hope and pray that it’s a miss and you get a rebound as a 7 footer.
Last I checked, there was a Defensive player of the year award for good defenders, glad to know your vote won’t ever go to Jokic for that. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s miles better offensively than your boy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, there was a Defensive player of the year award for good defenders, glad to know your vote won’t ever go to Jokic for that. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s miles better offensively than your boy.
Miles better? You’re retarded. Their offense is more different than one being “better.” The gap between Jokic and Embiid offense isn’t vast at all. Meanwhile, the difference in their defense is vast. Listen, your boy can take as many media driven awards as he likes over the next decade and it won’t change the fact that Embiid is the much better basketball player because he’s not a liability on the defensive end.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again… here we are with me trying to provide a casual with context for what people are trying to tell him. The stat you are citing is a fugaze stat created by Nate Silver. Nate Silver is a mathematician that has never played sports in his life. He takes basketball stats and he places values on these stats and creates a narrative based on what he values. Here’s an example. The metric says that assists from a center are less common than an assist from a PG so this metric says that a game where Joker has 7 assists is rated better than a game where CP3 or Harden have 11 assists. Does that compute for you? Jokic’s game jukes these analytics and it creates a narrative that over rates him.

Meanwhile, you read a tweet and just buy in without even knowing the context of what you’re citing.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again… here we are with me trying to provide a casual with context for what people are trying to tell him. The stat you are citing is a fugaze stat created by Nate Silver. Nate Silver is a mathematician that has never played sports in his life. He takes basketball stats and he places values on these stats and creates a narrative based on what he values. Here’s an example. The metric says that assists from a center are less common than an assist from a PG so this metric says that a game where Joker has 7 assists is rated better than a game where CP3 or Harden have 11 assists. Does that compute for you? Jokic’s game jukes these analytics and it creates a narrative that over rates him.

Meanwhile, you read a tweet and just buy in without even knowing the context of what you’re citing.
1680358038503.jpeg

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of pressure on the Sixers because Harden's a question mark after this season. So this may be it for the current nucleus of Embiid, Harden and Maxey. And I frankly don't feel very optimistic that this team as the 3 seed can knock off both the Bucks and Celtics to reach the finals, much less win it. I think another second round playoff exit is quite likely.

But...none of that has anything to do with the MVP talk. I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck about who is MVP. I only care about my team contending for a title.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of pressure on the Sixers because Harden's a question mark after this season. So this may be it for the current nucleus of Embiid, Harden and Maxey. And I frankly don't feel very optimistic that this team as the 3 seed can knock off both the Bucks and Celtics to reach the finals, much less win it. I think another second round playoff exit is quite likely.

But...none of that has anything to do with the MVP talk. I don't understand why anyone gives a fuck about who is MVP. I only care about my team contending for a title.

You'll have to ask @fightinfunbags he seems to be the only one who truly cares.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EMBIID put up 47 and 18 vs Jokic last time they met.
And if he showed up and proved it wasn't an anomaly, his mvp would be sealed. He didn't however, so now it's up in the air and it looks like he doesn't think he can do it again.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm too mature to put myself in a position to get ejected"

Umm... You intentionally kicked you leg up and nailed him in the nuts!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm too mature to put myself in a position to get ejected"

Umm... You intentionally kicked you leg up and nailed him in the nuts!
Technically, he tried to trip him. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Claxton is just a guy. He hasn’t earned the right to step over Embiid like he’s Allen Fucking Iverson.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, he tried to trip him. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Claxton is just a guy. He hasn’t earned the right to step over Embiid like he’s Allen Fucking Iverson.

Are you defending what Embid did? That was NOT "trying to trip" at all

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you defending what Embid did? That was NOT "trying to trip" at all
No. I’m putting it in context. Claxton fucked around and he found out. Joel Embiid isn’t a bitch.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I’m putting it in context. Claxton fucked around and he found out. Joel Embiid isn’t a bitch.

and should have been ejected... Period... If Harden gets ejected for a probably not even a foul ,foul then Embid deserved to be ejected for that

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and should have been ejected... Period... If Harden gets ejected for a probably not even a foul ,foul then Embid deserved to be ejected for that
I agree. I’m saying both of them should be ejected. You can’t have a league where a team is rewarded because they sent fluke trash like Claxton to go fuck with.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I’m saying both of them should be ejected. You can’t have a league where a team is rewarded because they sent fluke trash like Claxton to go fuck with.

the nba is a joke, period