• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillip Lindsay - Pay Him

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m guessing if they plan to let Freeman walk that they will also have drafted his replacement by then.

Drafting Freeman’s replacement would be a luxury.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Denver is worrying about our third string RB in 2022 right now. Just saying!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words... PL will be traded and Bellamy will replace him. He's a better pass catcher, just as fast, and won't need a big payday for a few years.

I think we get a 3rd at worst for Lindsey, barring any injuries.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not forget that Cortland Sutton will also become a FA in two seasons.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we are currently working on a long-term extension with Justin Simmons. Though he is very valuable to our team, I don’t think our second string running back is the biggest of our priorities right now to lock up.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we are currently working on a long-term extension with Justin Simmons. Though he is very valuable to our team, I don’t think our second string running back is the biggest of our priorities right now to lock up.

that there has to be determined !!!!!! Lindsay will have bone head in a corner sucking his thumb by midseason.:nono:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Freeman was 238 Last season My guess is he will get down to 220 and Gordon will not be a good free agent singing!

3 yards and dust is my nickname for Gordon :doh:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Freeman was 238 Last season My guess is he will get down to 220 and Gordon will not be a good free agent singing!

As log as that dust is in the End Zone!

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree on Freeman, but it seems to be less then ideal to have all of your active roster RBs scheduled to hit the free agent market at the same time. We will see what happens. In 2 years I don't think we will be spending top dollar on a RB with the other players that will be reaching the end of their contracts.
Lindsey will be a restricted free agent..right?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsey will be a restricted free agent..right?

Yes, next season. So the Broncos have two years of control on him cheap. I think he should be paid like the team leader and crowd favorite he is. Someone has to teach the rookies how to do the Mile High Salute.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon will make Lindsay a better back, Lindsay will make Gordon a better back.

You're looking at this as too personal instead of what helps the team and player. No way do you go into a season giving Lindsay 20 carries a game, if you think Gordon/Lindsay isn't an upgrade over Freeman/Lindsay then I have lost all hope in you.

Remember this is a team that wants to RUN the FOOTBALL, which will open the passing game and take pressure off Lock.

You have to think logically here and not just individually because the player that you are so in love with isn't getting all the glory at RB.... The days of a RB carrying the loaf for the entire season are long gone. You can't do that in the NFL as teams have found out your RB will be in the SR home at the age of 40.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Gordon and Lindsay splitting carries pretty close to even in some games. Overall 60-40 split with Gordon getting the most carries but Gordon with being more of a receiving threat. I could see some 2 back sets with Gordon and Lindsay on the field at the same time. I hope Lindsay took a jugs machine home with him before the season ended and is working on his hands.

Running the ball I see Gordon and Lindsay 1A - 1B. Whoever the 3rd RB is may get some spot carries too. I am not completely sold that it will be Freeman at this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Gordon and Lindsay splitting carries pretty close to even in some games. Overall 60-40 split with Gordon getting the most carries but Gordon with being more of a receiving threat. I could see some 2 back sets with Gordon and Lindsay on the field at the same time. I hope Lindsay took a jugs machine home with him before the season ended and is working on his hands.

Running the ball I see Gordon and Lindsay 1A - 1B. Whoever the 3rd RB is may get some spot carries too. I am not completely sold that it will be Freeman at this point.

Lindsay has been working on his route running with JuWann Winfree recently.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon will make Lindsay a better back, Lindsay will make Gordon a better back.

You're looking at this as too personal instead of what helps the team and player. No way do you go into a season giving Lindsay 20 carries a game, if you think Gordon/Lindsay isn't an upgrade over Freeman/Lindsay then I have lost all hope in you.

Remember this is a team that wants to RUN the FOOTBALL, which will open the passing game and take pressure off Lock.

You have to think logically here and not just individually because the player that you are so in love with isn't getting all the glory at RB.... The days of a RB carrying the loaf for the entire season are long gone. You can't do that in the NFL as teams have found out your RB will be in the SR home at the age of 40.
Now wait a second I never said what you just stated . you changed topic .

I don’t think our second string running back is the biggest of our priorities right now to lock up.

And I told you Gordon will get cut because he sucks!

He blows I hope he gets cut in the preseason :thumb:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your "want" to sign him, but it isn't really the best practice in today's NFL.
I like how the Colts are approaching this. Mack will be a free agent after this season. The Colts drafted Taylor as his replacement. Draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round and use him for his 4 year rookie contract and move on to the next. Great salary cap management.

Outside of Henry, I'm not sure these RB's have provided bang for their buck.
NFL's highest paid running backs (average salary per year):
  • 1. Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott: $15 million
  • 2. Jets RB Le’Veon Bell: $13.1 million
  • 3. Texans RB David Johnson: $13 million
  • 4. Titans RB Derrick Henry: $10.3 million
  • 5. Cardinals RB Kenyan Drake: $8.5 million
  • 6. Broncos RB Melvin Gordon: $8 million
  • 7. Giants RB Saquon Barkley: $7.8 million
  • 8. Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette: $6.8 million
  • 9. Texans RB Lamar Miller: $6.5 million
  • 10. Chargers RB Austin Ekeler: $6.1 million

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now wait a second I never said what you just stated . you changed topic .

I don’t think our second string running back is the biggest of our priorities right now to lock up.

And I told you Gordon will get cut because he sucks!

He blows I hope he gets cut in the preseason :thumb:

The comment is dumb and ignorant. Not even deserving of a response.

You said the same things to me about Emmanuel Sanders when he signed with Denver, rooted against him, hated him, he was a turd, blah blah blah.

Some advice. Take it or leave it.

This is the stuff that makes you look foolish. Right when I see hope and a change in you, you go and do a lil something something like this.

Doesn't deserve a response.

Enjoy rooting against players who do nothing but work hard and give everything they've got to the game, with great character. (and no holding out for a contract doesn't make him a bad person)

Your behavior is head scratching.

I will leave it at that or else you will take down your avatar and leave for a month and tell us how you're done for real this time.

Ill move on from your Gordon hate.. It is just weird to me.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of principle I would like Lindsay to get rewarded. He came in as a true underdog, and his tenacity out classed every rb on the roster. He is our Rudy rudiger, a true story of triumph. But like the great Tom G always said, and I publicly disagreed with him time to time, rb’s are a dime a dozen, and have a short shelf life. He was 100 percent correct. I love Lindsay, but I’m unsure of his future on this team. Bellamy looks like his clone

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon gets paid for TDs - Lindsay should be paid for leadership and inspiration

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon gets paid for TDs - Lindsay should be paid for leadership and inspiration

Give him a Patrick Lencioni book club membership.