• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts Owner Dances on Wentz's Grave

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO what happened with Wentz is that he started to believe his own hype. He was the MVP, the reason Philly won the Super Bowl, etc. Thus he wasn't going to listen to coaches anymore, he was going to sling it his way. Well, now he is on his third team in three years, so maybe he should rethink that. But he won't.

I saw a funny tweet by a Colts fan that said Commanders fans are in the early "stages of Wentz." This person recognized the pattern, because Philly fans warned Colts fans, but they got excited anyway. We can all watch with some popcorn as Washington goes through all the "stages of Wentz" this season before Carson retires to a life of killing small fowl in North Dakota.

I donr know a single washington fan that is happy about trading for wentz.

I’m betting that Colts fan doesnt know one either.

For starters, the last eagle reject washington signed didnt work out well at all.

Secondly, Washington has a qb who is actually fun to root for, if not an nfl caliber qb.

Anyway, just my two cents .

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO what happened with Wentz is that he started to believe his own hype. He was the MVP, the reason Philly won the Super Bowl, etc. Thus he wasn't going to listen to coaches anymore, he was going to sling it his way. Well, now he is on his third team in three years, so maybe he should rethink that. But he won't.

I saw a funny tweet by a Colts fan that said Commanders fans are in the early "stages of Wentz." This person recognized the pattern, because Philly fans warned Colts fans, but they got excited anyway. We can all watch with some popcorn as Washington goes through all the "stages of Wentz" this season before Carson retires to a life of killing small fowl in North Dakota.

Wentz just might have not been that good to begin with. He was great in 2017, but so was Nick Foles in that offense.

He basically has joined the ranks of Robert Griffin and Jared Golf, highly-drafted QBs who blew their wads early in offenses that maximized their strengths and minimized their weaknesses.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he didn't have to say all this. Did Wentz take away Irsay's crack pipe or something?

Irsay: Wentz had issues with leadership​

Not only did Wentz not carry the Colts through Jacksonville, he apparently also failed at showing leadership in the clubhouse, which Irsay discovered after speaking to several players.

And there's more. Irsay also mentioned that Wentz wouldn't change his playing style despite head coach Frank Reich and the coaching staff directing him to.

But hey, I am sure Washington will get a different Carson Wentz than the one we saw in Indy and Philly right? They have such a good track record of getting the most out of questionable characters!

I'd like to say this is all Irsay just going straight butt hurt bitch mode and maybe I would if any other team had traded for Wince. But it wasn't and this is Washington we're talking about after all. Which makes me worried every damn thing Irsay is saying about Wince is absolutely true.

I hope one day to find out what Danial Snyder or Washington fans or whoever has done to anger the football gods, Causing them to saddle all this woe n gnashing of the teeth on the Skins doorstep.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who play fantasy football, there's a run on QBs at some point in the draft, and you don't want to be the guy who took the last QB in that run.

Washington is that guy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Wentz die?
usa-carson-wentz-eagles-rams.jpg

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he showed character flaws when he dumped his long time girlfriend and was married a few months later.

Also, Sonny Jurgenson was not too bad for the skins, the Eagles basically gifted them a HoF QB in a trade for Norm Snead

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article a few days ago that said Washington had dodged a bullet by getting Wentz instead of Garapolo. I disagree. I still think Jimmy G. has more upside potential than Wentz. Maybe he's not the quarterback of the future, but Wentz isn't even the quarterback of the past.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article a few days ago that said Washington had dodged a bullet by getting Wentz instead of Garapolo. I disagree. I still think Jimmy G. has more upside potential than Wentz. Maybe he's not the quarterback of the future, but Wentz isn't even the quarterback of the past.
Jimmy G is far better placeholder QB than Wentz. You could draft a QB with Garoppolo and it wouldn't freak him out. Draft one with Wentz and the whole "you're wanted here" thing kinda dissolves.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G is far better placeholder QB than Wentz. You could draft a QB with Garoppolo and it wouldn't freak him out. Draft one with Wentz and the whole "you're wanted here" thing kinda dissolves.
Yeah, I can definitely see that. JimmyG is definitely a better locker room presence. I think as far as QB play on the field, both Wentz and Garropolo make boneheaded mistakes at bad times when they are asked to come up in big moments so that's kind of a wash. I would say Wentz has a stronger arm and the ability to make big plays better than JimmyG but JimmyG is a little better at the simple plays and game management.
Having said that, neither one will likely be starting for anyone in 2 years. But Garropolo will be a reliable backup whereas Wentz will probably be out of the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to say this is all Irsay just going straight butt hurt bitch mode and maybe I would if any other team had traded for Wince. But it wasn't and this is Washington we're talking about after all. Which makes me worried every damn thing Irsay is saying about Wince is absolutely true.

I hope one day to find out what Danial Snyder or Washington fans or whoever has done to anger the football gods, Causing them to saddle all this woe n gnashing of the teeth on the Skins doorstep.

Um….

I think it is pretty clear what Snyder has done to anger the football gods.

Beyond karma, he is also a really bad owner.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sticking with Heinicke as the starter would've been fine vs Wentz or Garoppolo really. Saves a lot of cap space too. Not sure why fans are so down on him? He wasn't great, but he was passable IMO.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz just might have not been that good to begin with. He was great in 2017, but so was Nick Foles in that offense.

He basically has joined the ranks of Robert Griffin and Jared Golf, highly-drafted QBs who blew their wads early in offenses that maximized their strengths and minimized their weaknesses.
I think Wentz and RG3 were that good to begin with but clearly they weren't the same after injuries. Goff can still be good if you play to his strengths. Unfortunately for him offenses are tending to be more spread and scramble orientated and he really needs a more traditional 6 or 7 man blocking scheme with the RB or TE chip-blocking. Goff has a high ceiling but he also has a really low basement.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he showed character flaws when he dumped his long time girlfriend and was married a few months later.

Also, Sonny Jurgenson was not too bad for the skins, the Eagles basically gifted them a HoF QB in a trade for Norm Snead

I believe I said “recently,” ot at least I meant that. McNabb sucked for the Redskins, and Andy Reid admittedly fleeced the Redskins something good.

Reid is an amazing coach. Trading McNabb for whatever he got, and trading Hill for FIVE picks is pure genius.

Heinicke has limited arm strength so that defenses dont have to play back on wrs. That stacks the box AND defends the pass. He’s a fantastic story - I personally find it incredibly easy to root for him - but his jig is up.

Teams figured him out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Snead could throw the ball all over the yard if given some time. Not a whole bunch of talent in philly in those days. Norm may have won a playoff game actually playing, I'm not sure.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sticking with Heinicke as the starter would've been fine vs Wentz or Garoppolo really. Saves a lot of cap space too. Not sure why fans are so down on him? He wasn't great, but he was passable IMO.
There’s no question that Wentz can make throws Heinicke could never make, and every few possessions having that in your arsenal matters.

Being an uncoachable choke diva might not be worth it, though.

They should have drafted and developed, but the current regime doesn’t think they have time for that.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no question that Wentz can make throws Heinicke could never make, and every few possessions having that in your arsenal matters.

Being an uncoachable choke diva might not be worth it, though.

They should have drafted and developed, but the current regime doesn’t think they have time for that.

They did try to draft and develop, but they drafted poorly with haskins, arguably poorly with rg3, then through incompetence let their best chance at stability sign elsewhere (cousins).

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um….

I think it is pretty clear what Snyder has done to anger the football gods.

Beyond karma, he is also a really bad owner.
There are other owners who could/should be fallen prey to karma. There are also other bad owners. The level to which the Skins have fallen hasn't really seemed to take a toll on Snyder. He just hires people to take the bullets he deserves and keeps on keepin on. Redskins fans on the other hand continue to take hit after hit. And Snyder hasn't learned shit. Even after the Griffin fiasco he had no problem making Haskins his #1 train wreck pick. You think he's learned his lesson in that regard or taken ownership for the blunder? I don't. So who's really been made to suffer time after time during the Snyder Era. Is it Daniel Snyder? He purchased majority ownership of the the team for 750 million in 99 borrowing almost half of that money. He just purchased 81% of the team for 875 million getting a 450 million debt waiver from the NFL that needed approval of 24 of the league's 32 owners. His sister owns 12.5% of the team and his mother the other 6.5% effectively making the Snyder's 100% owners. At present the Commanders are worth 4.2 billion dollars give or take. Snyder just purchased a 192 million dollar yacht a couple years ago. He could literally wipe his ass after taking a shit with 100 dollar bills and it would put nary a dent in his finances. The NFL has been his #1 shield against any efforts to take control of the Commanders away from him. And even the talk of the NFL tiring of his bullshit and taking the team away from him of a few months ago has turned into less than a whimper of late. If this is the results of angering the gods where do I sign up?

The fans on the other hand have felt and will continue to feel every bonehead move that either Snyder or the FO will likely continue to make. So tell me, who really is it that has pissed off the wrong person/people or entity(ies). Cuz it damn sure doesn't seem to be Daniel Snyder. Hell, if anything, a case could be made that Snyder's not the punished. He's the punishment.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did try to draft and develop, but they drafted poorly with haskins, arguably poorly with rg3, then through incompetence let their best chance at stability sign elsewhere (cousins).
Seems like they're not very good at any tactic.