• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Eagles @ Seattle Seahawks

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a fun, nerve-racking game to watch. I'm happy that we can finally put the "Why aren't they going to Graham in the red zone" argument to bed for good. How many consecutive games with a touchdown is that for him now? It was also nice to see Philly shoot themselves in the foot a bunch after seeing the Seahawks do it to themselves too often this year. It's a shame that Arizona couldn't help us out this afternoon, but if we can stay within one game or pull into a tie with LA in time for our match-up with them in two weeks, we can control our own destiny from there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a fun, nerve-racking game to watch. I'm happy that we can finally put the "Why aren't they going to Graham in the red zone" argument to bed for good. How many consecutive games with a touchdown is that for him now? It was also nice to see Philly shoot themselves in the foot a bunch after seeing the Seahawks do it to themselves too often this year. It's a shame that Arizona couldn't help us out this afternoon, but if we can stay within one game or pull into a tie with LA in time for our match-up with them in two weeks, we can control our own destiny from there.

Yep! Loved the Graham TD. I was wondering on the pass, "WAIT WHO CAUGHT THAT!?" and when they announced Graham a warm smile came over my face. He's now tied the TD passes in a year he caught with the Saints with several games to go.

We may lose him next year... so it was nice to see Vannett make some nice grabs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we can stay within one game or pull into a tie with LA in time for our match-up with them in two weeks, we can control our own destiny from there.

The Hawks do control their destiny right now, win out and they are in the playoffs as the NFC West Champs regardless of what the Rams do.

The Rams in Seattle is going to be huge, it will be like the Hawks vs the 9ers all over again. Or maybe i should say it's like the Old Rams vs the Hawks again.

The Hawks have beaten 2 of the best teams in the NFC who have a combined record of 19-5 or you could say 19-3 plus the 2 loses from the Hawks.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been more than a bit negative myself lately and it's really nice to have a game with nothing to be negative about.

I was very wrong in my outlook on this game and I'm entirely happy about being wrong.

P.S. Your negativity is usually well thought out and is pretty good at giving my optimism a counter. Seeing other ways of looking at a situation isn't bad at all, and I rather enjoy reading your posts, even when I don't agree.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. Your negativity is usually well thought out and is pretty good at giving my optimism a counter. Seeing other ways of looking at a situation isn't bad at all, and I rather enjoy reading your posts, even when I don't agree.
I do think I've been a bit over the top. Felt it important to call myself out and post something positive when it was due. I think I've been a bit under Harold's skin.

Appreciate the kinds words. You've always been a wealth of knowledge and a strong voice of reason.

:suds:

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ continued his MVP season and KIRO said he's tied the NFL season record of 15 TD passes in the 4th qtr., with 4 games to play. Mike Davis makes a difference, hope he stays healthy, Receiving corp was steady, with everyone contributing and nice seeing Vannet catch some balls, we need a really good blocking TE who can catch. The D line played lights out and despite the stats pressured Wentz, the LB's, especially DPOY Wagner are arguably the besy, but what really made me happy was the coverage and tackling of ET and the Baby Boomers.

Even Blair was positive, but I sure don't want our playoff future in his hands, uh foot! I may actually rewatch this game tonight.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We do control our own destiny w/in the NFC West... It's a beautiful thing...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks held the two highest scoring teams to only 10 points a piece this season... Also giving each of them a loss... They're combined record is 20-5, which two of their 5 losses are at the hands of the Hawks... BOOM!

upload_2017-12-3_22-0-56.png

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a good feeling about this game, Philly hasn’t faced a front 7 like ours for a long while, they came in the number 1 rushing O and Seattle shut that down, once they became one dimensional our pass rush really got after Wentz... We made some bad mistakes in our secondary, but thankfully it didn’t cost us too much... Great win tonight! Russ was also amazing, he’s taking his game to ridiculous levels... Love watching him play this game ...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game made me hard. Great all-around performance.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing I liked most about this game was the 10 points scored in the 1st quarter. This year's team has obviously not been quick out of the gate on offense and Philly hasn't been letting teams score much on them in the first quarter, so it was nice to see the Hawks come out and put up 10 and give themselves some early breathing room against a team like Philadelphia instead of waiting to turn it on in the 4th quarter. Being able to come back and take a game in the last 15 minutes is great and all (if also a little stressful), but I think it was important that the Seahawks prove to themselves that they could jump on a good team early and win that way too. It'll be good to have that experience going into the playoffs.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a win. YYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE

win, but I not getting too exticed.

Another Valley Conquered, Another Mountain to climb. I say.

On to Jacksonville. I watched alot of there games and well post a scouting report tomorrow or Tuesday

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really great to see the Seahawks lead from start to finish. They had to win this game to realistically stay in the race. The pass rush was awesome tonight.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the most complete game this team has played since they went into NE and won last year. if we can keep this up its possible we run the table.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really great to see the Seahawks lead from start to finish. They had to win this game to realistically stay in the race. The pass rush was awesome tonight.

Frank Clark and Sheldon Richardson were absolute monsters last night.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into the season I had a feeling Russ would elevate his game to an MVP type player. First few games of the season didn't really show it but now other than Tom Brady, I don't know who else is in competition with him for MVP. His game right now is unmatched by any other.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the most complete game this team has played since they went into NE and won last year. if we can keep this up its possible we run the table.

With Cable and Bevell still employed?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes even with those bums, as long as they keep the ball in wilsons hand and run when it makes sense.

oh and keeping Heavy Lazy off the field.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ continued his MVP season and KIRO said he's tied the NFL season record of 15 TD passes in the 4th qtr., with 4 games to play. Mike Davis makes a difference, hope he stays healthy, Receiving corp was steady, with everyone contributing and nice seeing Vannet catch some balls, we need a really good blocking TE who can catch. The D line played lights out and despite the stats pressured Wentz, the LB's, especially DPOY Wagner are arguably the besy, but what really made me happy was the coverage and tackling of ET and the Baby Boomers.

Even Blair was positive, but I sure don't want our playoff future in his hands, uh foot! I may actually rewatch this game tonight.

"Baby Boomers". That's awesome.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Philly fans are blaming the refs... NFL refs can suck, no doubt, but last night that game was not even close to being decided by the refs, holding calls on Philly's D were OBVIOUS, we even got to see them in slow mo and clearly they were blatant grabs, if they were just feelers being put out I would get the anger, but they were CLEAR holds... I'll call it out if I see a bad call either way, I"m as harsh as anyone with NFL refs.... Richardson almost getting his head ripped off on that dropped pass was a BLATANT bad no call, but most of the other calls I thought the refs did a good job overall... And the lateral by Wilson was on Philly's coaching staff, a challenge there and they would a had that reversed, but that's on them, in real time it looked good ...