• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin will not practice this week

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no doctor but can someone please explain what the hell is going on with this guy?

He played against the Vikings and looked full speed to me. The Rams game will be the 6th straight week he has not played if you include the bye. My logic is that if Harvin was able to play against the Vikings and he was full speed, why can't he play over a month later?

What is wrong with him? Is there something we don't know about? I really don't think it could be the hip anymore, he had it surgically repaired and he looked good. Did he re-fuck it up somehow? If he did, why don't they have another surgery to fix it instead of having him week to week?

There were those reports of his chronic headaches that caused him to miss games. Vikings fans seemed to believe these were the product of Harvin's imagination and that he used them to simply get his way but could this be a recurrence of that? I ask because it can't be the hip anymore, could it?

The Seahawks gave up a ton to get him. Not only the 1st, 3rd and 7th round picks but also the massive contract extension he signed. What the hell is going on with this guy? I think there must be something we don't know.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't playing this year. We would have been better off just folding up the tent and picking up a receiver/kr that was available. The trade was a bust as far as this season goes. Hopefully this isn't a career ending injury.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what his teammates and coaches are thinking?
Man up Percy.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man up Percy.

He screwed up the worst joint you possibly could. The hip takes all the stress between the legs and the torso and if this doesn't heal right then he's done. I'm sure he wants to be out there but his body just isn't cooperating.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man up Percy.

The coaches are the ones making the call (along with the doctor) and his teammates understand that.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question would be if he played just two plays in the Minnesota game and hasn't played before or since, then why the hell did he play in the Minnesota game? Unless he aggravated something in that game and Seattle is being all hush hush about it. Otherwise there's no reason to think he should have played at all in the game if almost two months later he's still not ready to play. I agree that PH has been a massive disappointment so far.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question would be if he played just two plays in the Minnesota game and hasn't played before or since, then why the hell did he play in the Minnesota game? Unless he aggravated something in that game and Seattle is being all hush hush about it. Otherwise there's no reason to think he should have played at all in the game if almost two months later he's still not ready to play. I agree that PH has been a massive disappointment so far.

:agree:

Thats why I said that I just treat Harvin like he's not even on the team. I can promise you though that if we somehow get to the superbowl, he will all of a sudden be healthy enough to play in that game like he did against his former team, the Vikings.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that he was ready for the Vikings game and everything checked out fine. Than the game occurred and his body rejected it. Thus PC saw the hip not recovering and acting up and said lets not do that again. So in response is treating Harvin with extra care, going almost to extreme to make sure everything is prefect before he goes back out there. My hope is that come playoff time PC says Harvin give us everything you got and be a someone the other team has to guard and maybe give too much respect too if your not at 100%.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not trying to be nit picky but I believe he had 10-15 snaps in that game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man up Percy.

Man up? I know that everyone is frustrated that he's only been out there for one game this year, but please don't suggest that the guy could play through it and just doesn't want to if you don't know for sure that's the case. His coaches, along with the medical staff, are the people keeping him out and if they thought he could go, he'd be playing. Hips are nothing you want to mess with. You mess those up too much, you're done. Ask Bo Jackson. Would you have told him to "man up"? Some injuries and recoveries aren't as simple as manning up and playing through the pain.

As far as his teammates go... the ones that have dealt with injuries where the recovery left them frustrated that they couldn't go back out there and play when they wanted to aren't going to question Harvin's recovery. For everybody else, we've got Harvin for 5 more years after this. As frustrating as it is for the fans and for him that he's still on the shelf, having him play through this and risk aggravating the problem, leaving his status beyond this season in doubt, would be short-sighted.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybodys frustrated with Harvins injuries this year, but just imagine at the end of 5 years when he only plays about 10 total games in that time span.

Horrible deal

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know the specifics of his contract? I know this year is the cheap year which sucks but I thought I read that the guaranteed money ends after next year. If that's the case then I would consider cutting bait after next year if he has another injury plagued year. May sound harsh or extreme but with our cap situation it needs to be considered if the guy wont be healthy.

Unfortunately just more receiver bad luck for this franchise. (Rice, Housh, Branch and others) Like left field for the Mariners or Center for the Sonics back in the day. Just cant catch a break there it seems.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately just more receiver bad luck for this franchise. (Rice, Housh, Branch and others) Like left field for the Mariners or Center for the Sonics back in the day. Just cant catch a break there it seems.

I agree, but also feel that we are a true #1 away from having an elite WR corp. The reason that I say that is because I feel that the guy's we have right now are the best complimentary WR's in the league. GT & DB aren't able to be the #1 WR type of guy's, but if you put a true #1 next to them they become more valuable. When we added those other WR's there wasn't much on the team to begin with, and the bottom line is that those guy's aren't #1's like we portrayed them to be; the closest of the bunch would be Rice, but injuries changed the direction of his career. Harvin is a true #1, but unless he's healthy it's a moot point. I hope we can land a WR with our first pick this year, but by no means do I want to start talking draft. Go Hawks!!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first pick has to be OL,clearly the weakest part of the team.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this shocking to anyone? He was nothing but trouble at Florida and then again in Minnesota and his mysterious migraines magically disappeared when he wanted to get paid in Minnesota. Why is it taking him 5+ months to recover from the same surgery that 35-year-old Ed Reed just recovered from in 4 months? Give me a break. He would rather party it up during the season and get paid to do nothing. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he never plays another down as a Seahawk. All the people blindly defending him need to take off their homer glasses and view him as if he was on another team. If it was such a serious setback since the Minnesota game, why is he not on IR?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least they squash the possibility of him playing this all important next game early. I guess they need to protect their investment.

Pretty disappointing.

At any rate, everyone should and might as well prepare to go on the rest of the season without. Hopefully he'll heal up 100% for next season.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC said today that they may need to make a roster decision on Harvin.

You don't have too many lines to read between here, he's about to be placed on IR. IMO, we can't continue to be hopeful heading into the playoffs. Either you're in, out you're out. If he can't go this week then we should place him on IR asap and get someone else in. If we are to go with another WR with the replacement who should we go with? Brandon Lloyd, Laurent Robinson, Devery Henderson, Steve Breaston, Early Doucet, or someone else? Either way, let's get someone in here and immediately throw him into practice so by the time the playoffs start he has a clue.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man up? I know that everyone is frustrated that he's only been out there for one game this year, but please don't suggest that the guy could play through it and just doesn't want to if you don't know for sure that's the case. His coaches, along with the medical staff, are the people keeping him out and if they thought he could go, he'd be playing. Hips are nothing you want to mess with. You mess those up too much, you're done. Ask Bo Jackson. Would you have told him to "man up"? Some injuries and recoveries aren't as simple as manning up and playing through the pain.

As far as his teammates go... the ones that have dealt with injuries where the recovery left them frustrated that they couldn't go back out there and play when they wanted to aren't going to question Harvin's recovery. For everybody else, we've got Harvin for 5 more years after this. As frustrating as it is for the fans and for him that he's still on the shelf, having him play through this and risk aggravating the problem, leaving his status beyond this season in doubt, would be short-sighted.

Well. Sounds the majority of you, even though frustrated, are ok with this. If he is injured, put him on IR.
I know they aren't able to tell us everything but with his 'history' I'm starting to doubt his desire. I'm sure I'm WRONG and news of some Bo Jackson type of injury will surface someday.

GO Hawks. No need to argue I'm just very frustrated with the harvin issues.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Sounds the majority of you, even though frustrated, are ok with this. If he is injured, put him on IR.
I know they aren't able to tell us everything but with his 'history' I'm starting to doubt his desire. I'm sure I'm WRONG and news of some Bo Jackson type of injury will surface someday.

GO Hawks. No need to argue I'm just very frustrated with the harvin issues.

Not trying to argue. Just amazed at how quickly people are turning on Harvin.