• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin will not practice this week

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this shocking to anyone? He was nothing but trouble at Florida and then again in Minnesota and his mysterious migraines magically disappeared when he wanted to get paid in Minnesota. Why is it taking him 5+ months to recover from the same surgery that 35-year-old Ed Reed just recovered from in 4 months? Give me a break. He would rather party it up during the season and get paid to do nothing. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he never plays another down as a Seahawk. All the people blindly defending him need to take off their homer glasses and view him as if he was on another team. If it was such a serious setback since the Minnesota game, why is he not on IR?

There's nothing to defend. The guy got hurt, had surgery on his hips and came back too soon which caused a flare up. As far as why he's not on IR yet, you'd have to ask Carroll about that.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to argue. Just amazed at how quickly people are turning on Harvin.
With how much we gave up for him we should turn on him. Would Brett Favre or even Matt Hasselbeck at 25 years old be out there playing with this same "soreness"? I think you know the answer.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing to defend. The guy got hurt, had surgery on his hips and came back too soon which caused a flare up. As far as why he's not on IR yet, you'd have to ask Carroll about that.

I don't think he came back too soon. The original time table for him to return was around Thanksgiving at the earliest. They thought he could play and based on what we saw in the Minnesota game, he was extremely explosive.

The only thing that got slightly overlooked was probably the healing process of Harvin. He probably thought he could play, but it was obvious that he body disagreed.

It's ok. Let him heal up and prepare him for next season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to argue. Just amazed at how quickly people are turning on Harvin.

The guy cost the Seahawks draft picks and money. Only $4,900,000 (Did I really say only?) this year., Next year he'll cost us $13,409,000. Might be the difference between signing Sherman or not. What have the Seahawks gotten for this investment so far? Almost a full season isn't quickly IMO.

The Seahawks need him to perform next year, for the full season, that will take some of the sting out the trade and signing.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how much we gave up for him we should turn on him. Would Brett Favre or even Matt Hasselbeck at 25 years old be out there playing with this same "soreness"? I think you know the answer.

We don't necessary know the extent of his injury. They may say "soreness" but at the same time they want to keep things under wrap. Only the coaching staff, Harvin, and his doctors know. It's foolish to speculate otherwise and no, fans shouldn't turn on him..... YET.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is extra frustrated with him because our WR corps got shut out last sunday and we really need a playmaker on offense it seems when marshawn doesnt get it going our offense just seems so ordinary. And to be honest Tate and Baldwin are not #1-#2 recivers they are more like #3 and 4 I always said if we lose in the playoffs it will be due to our recievers not getting it done.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is extra frustrated with him because our WR corps got shut out last sunday and we really need a playmaker on offense it seems when marshawn doesnt get it going our offense just seems so ordinary. And to be honest Tate and Baldwin are not #1-#2 recivers they are more like #3 and 4 I always said if we lose in the playoffs it will be due to our recievers not getting it done.

Not just last week to be honest. Our receivers have had a hard time getting separation ALL season long. It was magnified last week because Wilson wasn't his magnificent self.

It's also kind of a shame that our TE's was also a non-factor last week because of how shitty the OLine was playing and needed extra blocking from the TE's. :L

On the other hand, I do firmly believe that we need Harvin in the playoffs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have no idea what he's dealing with pain wise. Yes, we gave up quite a bit to get him and yes it's frustrating that he's not back yet, but the personal shots being taken at his toughness and manhood are uncalled for. Compare him to any player you want, but you and I both know that not everyone heals the same way or tolerates pain the same way.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy cost the Seahawks draft picks and money. Only $4,900,000 (Did I really say only?) this year., Next year he'll cost us $13,409,000. Might be the difference between signing Sherman or not. What have the Seahawks gotten for this investment so far? Almost a full season isn't quickly IMO.

The Seahawks need him to perform next year, for the full season, that will take some of the sting out the trade and signing.
If we don't win the Super Bowl this year or next it won't take any sting out of it.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no idea what he's dealing with pain wise. Yes, we gave up quite a bit to get him and yes it's frustrating that he's not back yet, but the personal shots being taken at his toughness and manhood are uncalled for. Compare him to any player you want, but you and I both know that not everyone heals the same way or tolerates pain the same way.
Uncalled for? Look at his history. He has done this everywhere. I'll bet you any amount you want he never plays another full season in the NFL again.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the writing on the wall was almost nearly confirmed by Pete at his presser. I expect the roster move for Thurmond coming back would be IR for Harvin.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say quickly because we knew that he was going to be out a certain amount of time after the surgery and people accepted that. It was even accepted that, after he suffered complications from his return in the Vikings game, we may not see him again until the playoffs. It was fine while the offense didn't seem to be missing a beat without him. Now that they're not and the level of urgency has gone up, some people have gone from being fine with being without him until the playoffs to questioning his manhood/toughness, suggesting that he's laughing all the way to the bank instead of trying his hardest to come back and bringing up his history of migraines, which, as far as I can remember, never caused him to miss a game. So yes, I'd say that people have turned on him pretty quickly.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say quickly because we knew that he was going to be out a certain amount of time after the surgery and people accepted that. It was even accepted that, after he suffered complications from his return in the Vikings game, we may not see him again until the playoffs. It was fine while the offense didn't seem to be missing a beat without him. Now that they're not and the level of urgency has gone up, some people have gone from being fine with being without him until the playoffs to questioning his manhood/toughness, suggesting that he's laughing all the way to the bank instead of trying his hardest to come back and bringing up his history of migraines, which, as far as I can remember, never caused him to miss a game. So yes, I'd say that people have turned on him pretty quickly.

When the trade was made, nobody (me included, And I wasn't for this trade at all) expected him not even to even make it to training camp! Once the surgery was announced ( even though the Seahawks doctors thought he could play thru it) the thought was at one point in this season he would be ready to play, it hasn't happened. I don't think posters are saying he isn't tough or faking, the fear is...just how bad is this? Career ending? Hope not. Nobody knows and that is scary considering all the picks and money.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Migraines no longer a concern for Percy Harvin | ProFootballTalk

May 2013
“I haven’t had a migraine in two years now,” Harvin said. “Been fully healthy from that aspect so everything’s been good. I’m going to knock on wood that nothing resurfaces but it’s been all great.”

Well something "resurfaced" at the perfect time for him to miss training camp, the preseason and 99% of the regular season. What a brilliant coincidence.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the trade was made, nobody (me included, And I wasn't for this trade at all) expected him not even to even make it to training camp! Once the surgery was announced ( even though the Seahawks doctors thought he could play thru it) the thought was at one point in this season he would be ready to play, it hasn't happened. I don't think posters are saying he isn't tough or faking, the fear is...just how bad is this? Career ending? Hope not. Nobody knows and that is scary considering all the picks and money.

Have you read some of these posts? We've got people telling him to "man up" and other people suggesting that he'd rather party than concentrate on getting back onto the field. If that's not calling his toughness or his commitment to his recovery into question, I don't know what is.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Career ending never really crossed my mind, but if he has some serious joint issues that even a surgery can't heal then it's a real possibility.

If a roster move is going to be made for the playoffs, then who knows, he might be going back under the operating table again. Just speculation but I don't expect him to play again this season.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May 2013
“I haven’t had a migraine in two years now,” Harvin said. “Been fully healthy from that aspect so everything’s been good. I’m going to knock on wood that nothing resurfaces but it’s been all great.”

Well something "resurfaced" at the perfect time for him to miss training camp, the preseason and 99% of the regular season. What a brilliant coincidence.

Again... speculation.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... speculation.
Speculation that has a very good chance at being true. Look at some of the comments made back in May. Please just connect the dots.

"He may not have headaches, but gives headaches to the team he is on.This Diva is not worth it."

"As a Viking 4life since 1968 and a huge college football fan Harvin has been a royal pain in the butt wherever he has been, grade school, high school, college and now the NFL. The only people who don’t realize what a pain this guy really is are the people who just see him on Sunday but don’t follow the Vikings like I and hundreds of thousands of others. This guy will be a pain in the ass to Seattle too, it’s going to happen-it’s his nature. And oh by the way as anyone bothered to notice how much better Christian Ponder has played since Percy Harvin missed the later part of the season? That’s because he didn’t have to deal with Percy’s whing and bitching in his ear every down. Did you notice how Percy wasn’t behind his teammates and stayed home when the Vikings were scratching and clawing to make the playoffs-that’s the Percy Harvin Seattle is getting."

"Good riddance. The Vikes organization bent over backwards to help this dude out, only to have “Percyland” resurface. He’s a monster talent but I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to fall with this guy for years now. How much of a D-Bag can a guy be by arguing with one of the most level-headed coaches in the league?"

"if he does not get what he wants in seattle he will get migraines."

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May 2013

Give me a break. Are you going to tell me there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll or that 9/11 was an inside job next? If this had something to do with his migraines again, I'd understand the skepticism and anger, but it doesn't.