• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin will not practice this week

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't posted much, but have kept track of discussions on this site. Anyway, came across an interesting article on another site about PH. Here's the link:

Percy Harvin's migraines may affect his injury history, and help explain why he left the Vikings - Daily Norseman

Am wondering how many people have bothered to read the story in this link?

It really makes the case that we were absolutely ripped off, in a organized way, and that PH is a absolute waste for this team, in every way possible.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Hawks cut Cox and kept the ph hope alive? They did.
now what.?¿???
PERCY....will you play this year.¿??zz

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Hawks cut Cox and kept the ph hope alive? They did.
now what.?¿???
PERCY....will you play this year.¿??zz

This was the last chance to move Harvin to IR and free up a roster spot. Since they didn't do that and decided to release Cox instead I think that indicates the team still thinks Harvin sees the field this year.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am wondering how many people have bothered to read the story in this link?

It really makes the case that we were absolutely ripped off, in a organized way, and that PH is a absolute waste for this team, in every way possible.
We probably should remember that the article is purely speculative, albeit by a prefessional neurologist. For me personally, whether he plays in the postseason or not this year, I'm going to wait and see how things go next year before forming a judgment on the trade.

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably should remember that the article is purely speculative, albeit by a prefessional neurologist. For me personally, whether he plays in the postseason or not this year, I'm going to wait and see how things go next year before forming a judgment on the trade.

Well, from my own personal experience in watching all my wife has gone through, lots of pain for extended periods of time, which in turn led to Fibromyalgia, what the neurologist is saying in that link makes perfect sense to me.

I do not expect things to change with Harvin. I really hope I am wrong, but it looks like we were had. Also, it's not just the doctors opinion that makes sense, it's the whole timeline and what the Vikings coaching staff said publicly, it smells to high heaven.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Obviously the medical information in this post is purely speculative and for recreational purposes only -- I've never met Mr Harvin and have no official medical opinion about his diagnoses or care. I'm not affiliated with the team or the NFL and otherwise have no direct or indirect contact with this situation."

Translation: This entire article is pure and utter horseshit.

I'm a chef by trade and while I'm not a licensed dietician I have studied dietetics extensively. I could write a whole diatribe about Harvin's diet being the cause of his hip pain if I wanted to but seeing as I've never met him and have no idea what his diet actually is it would be a bunch of fucking make-believe. I could dress it up to make it sound convincing as hell because I'm an expert on the subject and I could provide links for days but it would still be a pile of bullshit that I made up.

Harvin may very well be a bust for us but fuck that article. Critical thinking skills folks! Fail to hone them and use them at your peril.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to guess I'd say Harvin's hip problems are a result of acute Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning.

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

Dihydrogen Monoxide is deadly stuff and it's everywhere! They use it in your food! It causes frequent urination, excessive sweating and if enough of it gets in your lungs it can kill you in minutes!

freaked-out.png

There's another name Dihydrogen Monoxide is known by. It's also called water.

See how easy that was?

Again, this isn't the homer in me talking. Harvin could very well end up as a waste of time and money for us but fuck the guy who wrote that! Seriously, fuck him with a big rubber dick then break it off and beat him with the rest of it! I hate it when people pull shit like that.

Wedgie

Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....

Did that much snark and rage just come out of you?

BTW, you might want to find other material that someone else came up with, the water bit has been overdone, IMHO

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....

Did that much snark and rage just come out of you?

BTW, you might want to find other material that someone else came up with, the water bit has been overdone, IMHO

If you'd like to show me how it's done, feel free.
I don't care if it's been overdone, it proved my point didn't it? I don't make any claim to have invented the DHMO trick.

Edit: Yes, people who misuse science to sway people to their beliefs like that guy did in that article enrage me.

Last edited by a moderator: