• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin will not practice this week

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation that has a very good chance at being true. Look at some of the comments made back in May. Please just connect the dots.

"He may not have headaches, but gives headaches to the team he is on.This Diva is not worth it."

"As a Viking 4life since 1968 and a huge college football fan Harvin has been a royal pain in the butt wherever he has been, grade school, high school, college and now the NFL. The only people who don’t realize what a pain this guy really is are the people who just see him on Sunday but don’t follow the Vikings like I and hundreds of thousands of others. This guy will be a pain in the ass to Seattle too, it’s going to happen-it’s his nature. And oh by the way as anyone bothered to notice how much better Christian Ponder has played since Percy Harvin missed the later part of the season? That’s because he didn’t have to deal with Percy’s whing and bitching in his ear every down. Did you notice how Percy wasn’t behind his teammates and stayed home when the Vikings were scratching and clawing to make the playoffs-that’s the Percy Harvin Seattle is getting."

"Good riddance. The Vikes organization bent over backwards to help this dude out, only to have “Percyland” resurface. He’s a monster talent but I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to fall with this guy for years now. How much of a D-Bag can a guy be by arguing with one of the most level-headed coaches in the league?"

"if he does not get what he wants in seattle he will get migraines."

Comments were made by Vikings fans. Biased?
You can't possibly tell me they would be happy after wanting out. I think you're kinda reaching.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he got a fat contract here in Seattle and the team is competing for the SB. What else could he possibly want here? Better yet, what can't he get that may cause his migraines to "resurface"?

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read some of these posts? We've got people telling him to "man up" and other people suggesting that he'd rather party than concentrate on getting back onto the field. If that's not calling his toughness or his commitment to his recovery into question, I don't know what is.

So. I'm guessing that the medical staff have told the coaching staff and FO that harvins condition is not season ending otherwise they would have already put him on IR. Everyone is holding out hope that Percy can play, rhus the no IR.

Later this week when the Thurmond move is made and somedbody needs to be moved. What will be the response when it is in fact Harvin finally being placed on IR?

Harvins injury suddenly got worse thus the IR move.
All is status quo with Harvin, he is not responding, thus the IR move.
I was wrong and Harvin will not be placed on IR.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he got a fat contract here in Seattle and the team is competing for the SB. What else could he possibly want here? Better yet, what can't he get that may cause his migraines to "resurface"?
His migraines won't resurface. It will be something new. This hip injury is a "resurfacing" one. He missed practices at Florida with this as an excuse. But stay naive. Maybe he will be magically be diagnosed with "borderline personality disorder" this offseason and everyone will feel sorry for him like Brandon Marshall... stay tuned.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read some of these posts? We've got people telling him to "man up" and other people suggesting that he'd rather party than concentrate on getting back onto the field. If that's not calling his toughness or his commitment to his recovery into question, I don't know what is.

Mmm...anyone one saying he needs to man up, should hush up. The real question is was this trade and sign a good idea? It was a risk that wasn't needed in IMO.

GoldenTate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm...anyone one saying he needs to man up, should hush up. The real question is was this trade and sign a good idea? It was a risk that wasn't needed in IMO.
I'll say it. He does need to man-up. Where is he on the sidelines in games with this injury? Why has he tweeted nothing in the past month? Where is he in practices? The blind defending of him is ridiculous.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. The real question is "how hurt or injured is Percy?"
I want to be wrong on this. There is a reason why he is not on IR already.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the team was winning we seemed to not mind about Percy not being in there. And who could blame us? We seeming had the #1 seed all but locked up for a decent amount of time. But now that we may be facing another road challenge through the playoffs some people are starting to freak out. The truth is, we have been just fine without him. You can't blame management for trying to bring in a bigtime playmaker who, by the way, passed all physicals for the trade to be done. No one can predict the future and if we win the Superbowl this year then all of this will be swept under the rug.

The truth is, we overpaid for a healthy percy if he stays with the team for the duration of his contract. This is especially true when you consider all of our playmakers coming off of their rookie contracts. But again, I'm sure management knew this from the outset and never expected Percy to be with us for more than a season or two.

Don't be so fickle with this situation though, shit happens. This is still a great team and we could be witnessing our first Championship Hawk team. Just sit back and enjoy the show

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No. The real question is "how hurt or injured is Percy?"
I want to be wrong on this. There is a reason why he is not on IR already.

On the flip side if they are considering him for the IR and he hasn't even been practicing he's not close to being back either.

My guess is the reason they haven't put him in the IR is they're obviously thinking Super Bowl and it's over a month away so there might still be a chance for him to be ready then. No need to put him on the IR now and replace him with a depth borderline roster guy if there is still some hope he can play.

The obvious problem is Harvin is only really useful for his explosiveness so he's really not much use if he's only partially healthy.

Because of that if the hip or other injuries reduce Harvin's explosiveness beyond this season the trade will be a big bust for Seattle.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC said today that they may need to make a roster decision on Harvin.

You don't have too many lines to read between here, he's about to be placed on IR. IMO, we can't continue to be hopeful heading into the playoffs. Either you're in, out you're out. If he can't go this week then we should place him on IR asap and get someone else in. If we are to go with another WR with the replacement who should we go with? Brandon Lloyd, Laurent Robinson, Devery Henderson, Steve Breaston, Early Doucet, or someone else? Either way, let's get someone in here and immediately throw him into practice so by the time the playoffs start he has a clue.

I think Turbin's basically forcing his hand on this one. Kearse was looking gimpy so he probably can't do it. What a waste of a move this is turning out to be. This shit happens in the NFL but it's still disappointing.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but also feel that we are a true #1 away from having an elite WR corp. The reason that I say that is because I feel that the guy's we have right now are the best complimentary WR's in the league. GT & DB aren't able to be the #1 WR type of guy's, but if you put a true #1 next to them they become more valuable. When we added those other WR's there wasn't much on the team to begin with, and the bottom line is that those guy's aren't #1's like we portrayed them to be; the closest of the bunch would be Rice, but injuries changed the direction of his career. Harvin is a true #1, but unless he's healthy it's a moot point. I hope we can land a WR with our first pick this year, but by no means do I want to start talking draft. Go Hawks!!

When healthy, Harvin is an amazing all-around talent, and is the best slot receiver in the league. He can play on the outside too, but he's definitely not a true franchise #1 outside WR. You haven't seen much Percy Harvin if you really believe that he fits the mold of a traditional #1 WR. He's a gadget guy with an immense ammount of talent, one of the best kick returners in the league, dynamic in running out of the backfield/yards after the catch, receiving, but he's no Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald outside receiver. That's just a fact. He showed that in 2010 when the Vikings had both him and Sidney Rice when Rice spent the first half of the year out with injury and they tried replacing his outside presence with Harvin. Harvin can't be relied on for that role, as it isn't his strongpoint. Again, that's not saying that he's a bad player, because he's not - just not a traditional #1 outside receiver.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His migraines won't resurface. It will be something new. This hip injury is a "resurfacing" one. He missed practices at Florida with this as an excuse. But stay naive. Maybe he will be magically be diagnosed with "borderline personality disorder" this offseason and everyone will feel sorry for him like Brandon Marshall... stay tuned.

The dude hasn't made a single excuse this season to stay off the field and he was legitimately hurt with a serious injury.

I'm not going to sit here and speculate this and that because I don't see a reason why he wouldn't want to be on the field to help this team win considering what's at stake at the moment. I'm having a hard time believing he doesn't want to be on the field and laugh his way to the bank with the money the Hawks give him.

Also, because of his history, I completely understand your skepticism regarding his character, but I believe this isn't his decision to make as the organization need to protect the investment. They give a shitload to get Harvin.

Is it fair that they are protecting him this much? Probably not because everyone is banged at this point in the season. But I believe he'll be out there if he's healthy enough. And who the hell knows at this point besides Harvin and the coaching staff.

Make no mistake about it, if he come out with some lame excuse this offseason to be off the field, we all should be over him. Just not yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfair? A hip injury is dehabilitating. For a guy who's career is built on explosiveness, if he can't explode out of breaks, he is useless. If he is useless on the field and being on the field has significant risk of affecting his long term value too, you don't put him on the field.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a Paul Allen team pawned off a lemon on Minnesota.......now Minnesota might have pawned off a lemon on an Paul Allen team. Martell Webster. The Minnesota Timberwolves got a 1.5 million settlement because Portland didnt disclose his injury properly.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy, Harvin is an amazing all-around talent, and is the best slot receiver in the league. He can play on the outside too, but he's definitely not a true franchise #1 outside WR. You haven't seen much Percy Harvin if you really believe that he fits the mold of a traditional #1 WR. He's a gadget guy with an immense ammount of talent, one of the best kick returners in the league, dynamic in running out of the backfield/yards after the catch, receiving, but he's no Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald outside receiver. That's just a fact. He showed that in 2010 when the Vikings had both him and Sidney Rice when Rice spent the first half of the year out with injury and they tried replacing his outside presence with Harvin. Harvin can't be relied on for that role, as it isn't his strongpoint. Again, that's not saying that he's a bad player, because he's not - just not a traditional #1 outside receiver.

I agree that Harvin isn't a traditional #1, but I do feel that with his presence on the field it will open up opportunities for both GT & DB. With that being said, I do feel that the only way we can afford getting a Calvin/Fitz on the team will be through the draft. Reality is that Harvin is getting that #1 money, so if we want the big guy opposite Harvin he'll have to come via draft. Plus, I think that Tate will demand more money than he's worth and will be gone at years end. Draft the big guy, Harvin opposite, and Round out the lineup with Baldwin/Kearse/ ??.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin will break your hear every time.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin will break your hear every time.

As Seahawk fans we don't know that yet. He was injured before the season started and had surgery. We've been optimistic that he would be back by now but it is what it is. Not everyone recovers at the same pace. So far its been a nice luxury to have a guy with Harvin's potential sitting in reserve while the team was still winning 12 games. Even if he were to miss this entire season he could still redeem himself with his next 4 years. Nobody knows what will happen so at this point I take a wait and see attitude.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Seahawk fans we don't know that yet. He was injured before the season started and had surgery. We've been optimistic that he would be back by now but it is what it is. Not everyone recovers at the same pace. So far its been a nice luxury to have a guy with Harvin's potential sitting in reserve while the team was still winning 12 games. Even if he were to miss this entire season he could still redeem himself with his next 4 years. Nobody knows what will happen so at this point I take a wait and see attitude.

Take the wait and see point of view but he already has a history going back to his college days so the numbers were never on the Seahawks side. They were hoping for lighting in a bottle instead the bottle was empty.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Harvin is a bust if he doesn't see the field next year. Hopefully a full off season of rehabbing that hip will help because I would really like to see him healthy and burning defenses.