• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per some outlets, Jeanie Buss is being advised to trade Lebron James

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need new ownership. They need to clean house. Their management is among the worst in all of professional sports

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron believed the Magic mystique would carry him to a championship team.

Now the Lakers are in a rebuild mode with a superstar who is going to be really unhappy.

Can't say that I feel any pity for him though. If he wanted to win championships he would have gone to Philly or Toronto.

But his post-career career was more important to him so he's likely seen his last championship game.

LOL. Absolutely none of this is true. The Lakers were always going to need to add another max contract, and they deferred their cap space to this season to make that happen when Paul George had a change of heart last summer (and Pop wouldn't trade Kawhi to them). If they get one of their targets this summer (and especially if they pair that with a successful trade for AD), they are right back in the playoff mix (and with AD a real contender).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Absolutely none of this is true. The Lakers were always going to need to add another max contract, and they deferred their cap space to this season to make that happen when Paul George had a change of heart last summer (and Pop wouldn't trade Kawhi to them). If they get one of their targets this summer (and especially if they pair that with a successful trade for AD), they are right back in the playoff mix (and with AD a real contender).

First off, you didn't really rebut anything I said. You just offered the homer take of the Lakers.

The Lakers are in the same position they were in last summer. Except now they don't have a coach, they don't have Magic and Lebron is a year older.

Barring the Lakers hitting a home run and getting KD or AD(which seems unlikely), how are they any more likely to make a championship run now than they were last year?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers best bet to right the ship is bringing back the guy who left. Magic Johnson. He has instant credibility with any coach or potential free agent. Change his title, delegate responsibilities whatever, but that is the guy they need

No

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, the last point you could argue is not true. But he's pretty much right.

Magic thought the job was going to be easy since he's Magic and that he'd have a lot of sway with free agents and could push his weight around.

The Lakers' youth movement doesn't really appear to be all that great. You have a roster that consists of Lebron, and pieces that are now disgruntled from the trade rumors, and really just don't fit with your best player.

If you replace Kawhi with Lebron, they'd (Toronto) would likely be the favorites coming out of the East. You could make the same statement with Philly. A roster of Embiid, Lebron and Simmons would easily win the East.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the last point you could argue is not true. But he's pretty much right.

Magic thought the job was going to be easy since he's Magic and that he'd have a lot of sway with free agents and could push his weight around.

The Lakers' youth movement doesn't really appear to be all that great. You have a roster that consists of Lebron, and pieces that are now disgruntled from the trade rumors, and really just don't fit with your best player.

If you replace Kawhi with Lebron, they'd (Toronto) would likely be the favorites coming out of the East. You could make the same statement with Philly. A roster of Embiid, Lebron and Simmons would easily win the East.

However, replacing Magic with a real president is not a negative. Magic's skill is the schmooze, which he can still do without being a member of the team. He only stepped in because Jeannie asked him to (pointing back to the real problem). HIRE QUALIFIED PERSONNEL, NOT FRIENDS OF THE FAMILY.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the only asset the Lakers have at this point LOL this rumor is so far-fetched. Lebron is recruiting another superstar right now and honestly I think he could somehow do it even with all the dysfunction this organization has. I wouldn't put money on it though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even with the struggles of Embiid and Simmons the Sixers would be favorites over the Bucks. I mean the talent on that roster would be crazy. Do they still have Harris on this roster? I would think they do since he was acquired in a trade and they would gladly pay into the tax.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the struggles of Embiid and Simmons the Sixers would be favorites over the Bucks. I mean the talent on that roster would be crazy. Do they still have Harris on this roster? I would think they do since he was acquired in a trade and they would gladly pay into the tax.

Odds are if they had acquired Lebron, that means no Harris and no Butler IMO. I think they're probably better off now (provided they can keep both Butler and Harris, which is unlikely given Simmons' looming extension). Simmons loses a lot of value off-ball, and Lebron would certainly dominate the ball (as we've learned in LA despite the best laid plans otherwise).

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the only asset the Lakers have at this point LOL this rumor is so far-fetched. Lebron is recruiting another superstar right now and honestly I think he could somehow do it even with all the dysfunction this organization has. I wouldn't put money on it though

the ONLY asset...?

Stop...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Lebron went there, I'd consider that Harris wouldn't have been traded to Philly. If Philly were still able to pull that off and you had Embiid, Simmons and Harris with Lebron, it'd be a wrap. That's of course taking in Durant's injury. Simmons' woful mid-range game is a huge weakness against the Warriors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, replacing Magic with a real president is not a negative. Magic's skill is the schmooze, which he can still do without being a member of the team. He only stepped in because Jeannie asked him to (pointing back to the real problem). HIRE QUALIFIED PERSONNEL, NOT FRIENDS OF THE FAMILY.

Let me know when that happens.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ONLY asset...?

Stop...

YES, the only asset. The Lakers offered their entire team minus Lebron for AD and a ton of 1st round picks and were declined LOL. They don't have a coach, Pelinka can't be trusted. Lebron is the only asset the Lakers have at this point.

Could they trade a combo of players for Beal? Maybe.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES, the only asset. The Lakers offered their entire team minus Lebron for AD and a ton of 1st round picks and were declined LOL. They don't have a coach, Pelinka can't be trusted. Lebron is the only asset the Lakers have at this point.

Could they trade a combo of players for Beal? Maybe.

Declined, yet won't get as good of an offer for AD now. That GM was fired before the season even ended. Hmmm.