• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pens

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cup you touched upon it earlier, but if Murray is fetching 2 second rounders then the bar has been set high for 2nd/3rd pairing defenseman. With the NHL ready guys we have plus the prospects on D we should absolutely be able to work out a deal or 2 for a winger.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah the twitter rule does make sense but it also is a part of life like it or not. who knows if it would open up to more fans but it cant hurt.

yeah I really hope they move some d on this team. I really do not want the same group back next year. its time to let some of the kids get a shot and see what they are made of.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree with you. Name 1 big name in the last 5 years UFA that didnt either go for

A. The most $$
B. A chance to win

Name one that went for "the brand"

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do have a permanti brothers sandwhich i would love to try!

Whatever you do, do NOT get the #2 seller cheesesteak, it sucks. I highly recommend Pastrami and cheese .:omg:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dabs i thought when kovy stayed here it would change the minds of future UFAs but as with parise its still the same.

i know parise left to go home and play with suter. and nieds to play with his brother...maybe if it happened 1x i can understand it but twice? something is up

Parise left for a $10MM signing bonus, thats what is up

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to add to that, living near Pittsburgh and visiting frequently (and moving there if I get into their police dept), it really is a great place to live. I can see why players want to play there, even if the fanbase is largely bandwagon.

The younger fan base is legit, Youth/High School hockey has really exploded in this area. The adult fanbase is largely bandwagon. I remember going to tons of games between when we crushed them in 2001 and the drafting of Sid where they were lucky to have 9k. They like to brag about attendance, but seem to block those memories along with their rallies to save the team at that time drawing a couple hundred people out of their minds. there were suddenly 300k die hard, lifelong fans when they won a Cup again.

If you move to Pittsburgh, here's my best piece of advice for you, MOVE IN TO THE NORTH HILLS. So much easier to get to town, no tunnels and the area has everything, its amazing how much its blown up there in the last decade.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to check but it was way more than anyone else offered

I think I remember that double bonus being a loophole they used on both he and Suter for more guaranteed money in first calendar year, but over 2 seasons

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The younger fan base is legit, Youth/High School hockey has really exploded in this area. The adult fanbase is largely bandwagon. I remember going to tons of games between when we crushed them in 2001 and the drafting of Sid where they were lucky to have 9k. They like to brag about attendance, but seem to block those memories along with their rallies to save the team at that time drawing a couple hundred people out of their minds. there were suddenly 300k die hard, lifelong fans when they won a Cup again.

If you move to Pittsburgh, here's my best piece of advice for you, MOVE IN TO THE NORTH HILLS. So much easier to get to town, no tunnels and the area has everything, its amazing how much its blown up there in the last decade.

Thanks for the info! It's all in the very early stages, starting with written test in may. Hoping all goes well and I make it out there.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nieds left to play with his brother, it wasn't about the money. It was even known through his comments through the media that it was his dream to play with his brother. Lou tried to deal for Rob a few times but never struck a deal. So it was no surprise when he bolted for Anaheim.

Parise left for multiple reasons. The money, the opportunity to play in his hometown, again, anybody's childhood dream when reaching the highest level. Get a max contract and play where you grew up!

Put yourself in these situations. What would you do? In both cases, I would probably leave too.

I don't blame the players, I blame Lou for not bringing in Rob and for not handling Parise at All Star break last year, when he proved his knee surgery was behind him.

More so with Scott Niedermayer. That was 100% on Lou. The entire organization and fanbase knew he wanted the opportunity to play with his brother. Lou dropped the ball by never making that trade.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just to clarify about the Nieds situation. Brian Burke who was the GM in Anaheim at the time, is known to have specifically refused any reasonable deal for Rob. This was mentioned when he was having those verbal scrapes with I believe Edmonton's GM at the time because of the offer sheets. Whoever it was specifically questioned why anyone thought he was that good because the only smart thing he did as Anaheim's GM was to not trade Rob Niedermayer so Scott fell into his lap. I believe the Edmonton GM didn't think that actually made him a good GM.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know that's the story but why don't I see it on other teams?

I still think neids was sticking it to Lou for his hard ball negotiating tactics.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Same happened with guerin he bullied him into that deal when bill didn't have any choice. but was smart enough to trade him. If Lou held onto him u think guerin resigns with them?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N

More so with Scott Niedermayer. That was 100% on Lou. The entire organization and fanbase knew he wanted the opportunity to play with his brother. Lou dropped the ball by never making that trade.

Didn't Lou make a del for Teemu, but Teemu wouldn't waive no trade, then he called back for deal on Rob, but Anaheim had already traded for him? I thought he tried for Rob as a plan B that year, but was too late because of Teemu thing.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info! It's all in the very early stages, starting with written test in may. Hoping all goes well and I make it out there.

No problem. If you make it and don't have to live in Allegheny county, look around Cranberry, taxes are less since its just across the border into Butler County and it is booming. Its north of the city, would now be considered somewhat the north hills, just a couple miles beyond.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. If you make it and don't have to live in Allegheny county, look around Cranberry, taxes are less since its just across the border into Butler County and it is booming. Its north of the city, would now be considered somewhat the north hills, just a couple miles beyond.

If I'm not mistaken the police require you to live in the city. Not completely sure on that one, may be just the fire dept that has that requirement.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken the police require you to live in the city. Not completely sure on that one, may be just the fire dept that has that requirement.

I dated a girl who grew up in the North Hills and her dad was a city cop, so I think it may just be the county, not actual city limits.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are these teams bending over to give the Pens decent players for nothing? I still don't think this means the Pens will win the cup but still, they are going crazy.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are these teams bending over to give the Pens decent players for nothing? I still don't think this means the Pens will win the cup but still, they are going crazy.

Sounds like Iginla forced their hand. He wouldn't approve the deal to Boston, which the Flames liked more, at least according to McKenzie