• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pens

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Iginla forced their hand. He wouldn't approve the deal to Boston, which the Flames liked more, at least according to McKenzie

Probably. Regardless looks like Pittsburgh strikes again. We'll see how well it works out for them but if the Rangers are any indication...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it turns into a too many cooks in the kitchen situation. Damn this one stings. Maybe Malkin continues to be hurt and Fleury starts letting in softies.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow

i dont know who the players are hopefully they are top prospects. the 1st will be late in the 1st. but damn guess you dont really need it if malkin/neal/sid are all young.

the morrow move and the murray move didnt mean much to me. this means something...iginla is a difference maker.

rangers dont play to their strengths they try to win games 2-1 so this move for the pens will be huge.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that he apparently shot down the Bruins offer. The Bs scratched a couple of their top prospects last night and Dreger was reporting that a deal with Boston was all but done.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that he apparently shot down the Bruins offer. The Bs scratched a couple of their top prospects last night and Dreger was reporting that a deal with Boston was all but done.

I dont think teh pens prospects are their top guys. If they got Iggy for a 1st rounder (it'll be a late one obviously) and 2 middlin picks Ray Shero might have just taken GM of the year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Pens deal was a guaranteed 1st rounder, the Bruins was I believe a conditional 1st round pick depending on whether or not they re-signed him.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just goes to show you handing out those ntc's hurt you down the road.

strange though that calgary has done solid by jarome through all the years? they even grant his wish im guessing on trading him to a cup contender and to pay the flames back he makes the flames take an offer that wont help them as much? ouch!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to the Pens for actually trying.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just goes to show you handing out those ntc's hurt you down the road.

strange though that calgary has done solid by jarome through all the years? they even grant his wish im guessing on trading him to a cup contender and to pay the flames back he makes the flames take an offer that wont help them as much? ouch!

yeah, that was my thinking. Not exactly like they were sending him to the cellar with Boston.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Boston one of the teams on his list? Maybe he just has a massive man crush on Sid?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sure thats what it was. want to reconnect with sid and the olympic magic

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its situations like these that having a GM and emloyees that don't run to the media with news right away helps a lot. Calgary probably would have been better keeping Iginla than getting a late first and some future AHL filler from Pitts. A player of his star power would have easily brought in some major returns if there wasn't a media shitstorm following it on an hourly basis for 2 weeks

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Props to the Penguins on this move.
Its cup or bust for them. I heard Malkin might return this weekend too.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
once it was leaked what teams were on the trade list it was over for the flames. they had zero leverage.

one way to look at it. that it will raise everyone who plays against them games up. everyone wants to beat a "superstar" team. my bet they lose the next game they play snaps their 13 game streak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant knock a team for picking up a decent player..especially a team thats already stacked. But someone should tell Shero that the best teams on paper usually arent the ones raising the Cup at the end of the playoffs. You need the right players , not the biggest names.

Pens have enough goal scorers..they needed D (and probably will still make another trade for someone)

Either way I still think they were a better team last year with a healthy Staal and we all saw how they got outplayed in the 1st round.

Iginla knows this is probably his last chance to win a cup..cant see him resigning in Pitt unless he just plays there for basically nothing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He was probably also thinking if i get jarome then Boston doesn't. Not a bad price to pay to keep him away from your closest playoff threat

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant knock a team for picking up a decent player..especially a team thats already stacked. But someone should tell Shero that the best teams on paper usually arent the ones raising the Cup at the end of the playoffs. You need the right players , not the biggest names.

Pens have enough goal scorers..they needed D (and probably will still make another trade for someone)

Either way I still think they were a better team last year with a healthy Staal and we all saw how they got outplayed in the 1st round.

Iginla knows this is probably his last chance to win a cup..cant see him resigning in Pitt unless he just plays there for basically nothing.

Exactly. Playoffs are so unpredictable. Have to give them credit for trying as hard as they can to win. I just know I will be rooting against them.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Pens are making moves like crazy.,... its like they are trying to buy the Cup this year... what the hell is going on... how do they have the money to afford all these players they are adding... Thats like three in the last week... they already have superstars with superstar contracts on their books already.... what gives???

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Pens are making moves like crazy.,... its like they are trying to buy the Cup this year... what the hell is going on... how do they have the money to afford all these players they are adding... Thats like three in the last week... they already have superstars with superstar contracts on their books already.... what gives???

Thought the same thing. The numbers say they now have $4000 in cap space Iginla included. I just don't see how they had what, 7 mil in cap space? Christ we have 9m now and have't added three players. Just means they will be boned next season. So they'd better hope they win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im horrible with cap numbers and space and all that jazz but word is Pens wont be able to sign a good portion of their guys for next season..kinda like the B'Hawks after 2010 Im guessing.

But hey as long as ya have Crosby and Malkin locked up who gives a shit. Crosby can take another 2 nobodies like Kunitz and Dupuis and turn em into studs.