• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins offseason thread

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the three I would like the Pens front office to look at would be Ulf Samuelsson, Rick Tocchet and Mike Keenan. Want someone as the next head coach who isn't afraid or intimidated by Sid and/or Geno and tell them what they need to hear, and to not be their friend, but their coach.

Fuck no...Renney or peters before these cro magnons

Last edited by a moderator:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no...Renney or peters before these cro magnons

Lol, but I think they need the cro magnon. This is still a knuckle dragger's league. You can't win without that style of play, particularly in the post-season.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hynes is the way to go IMO. Someone who will implement a defensive system & who is familiar with our prospects. I will be very disappointed if we go with anyone else.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens should resign Niskanen as he grew into a leadership and mentorship role. With all the young dmen the pens have niskanen could be very important to helping them adjust to the NHL. He is a way better option than Letang to run the point on the power play. He should get an "A" on his jersey.
That all being said the cap situation is tenuous. The only real hope of solving anything there is to trade Neal and see if anyone would want to Scuderi. Highly unlikely any team bites on scuderi and even though he grew up in new york as an islander fan and still has family there i doubt they would take him. But whyo knows a team needing a veteran D and to hit the cap floor might take him for a late round or conditional pick.

As far as coaches Hynes would be a good choice but I think the pens needs someone with a little more NHL experience and who won't be at all fazed by Crosby and Malkin.
I wonder if the Pens have considered, Ron Wilson, Marc Crawford or Perhaps Rick Tocchet(who made it public he would kill for this job). A coach who wouldn't be afraid to get in the faces of our star players when needed.
Pens ahd too many nice guy coaches on the bench and the onyl one who ever showed any fire was Granato.

I'd be all for Nisky at 4.5 million, but there are rumors his next contract is going to start with a 6 if he hits free agency, and the Pens just can't sign him for that price.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigning Nisky will be risky.

Toddyd77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigning Nisky will be risky.

Agreed it could be risky. They will only be able to do it if they can move out some contracts. If they decide to move Letang they need to retain Niskanen. I see it as basically a choice between those two as i don't think the cap will allow both even if they can get Niskanen signed at 5 mil. The forward depth is a much more pressing issue and we ahve enough money invested in the def and many prospects that are ready and are on cheap contracts.

Toddyd77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Crawford could get lumped in with that knuckle draggers title due to the Bertuzzi/Moore incident but Ron Wilson and Tocchet(post playing career anyway) don't have the coaching reputation of being all hitting and fights but no flash.
I like Hynes but i don't want someone who may get overshadowed or intimidated by Crosby or Malkin.
John Stevens could be a goo option too although an unpopular fan choice i'm sure.

Who’sBehind the Bench?.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it could be risky. They will only be able to do it if they can move out some contracts. If they decide to move Letang they need to retain Niskanen. I see it as basically a choice between those two as i don't think the cap will allow both even if they can get Niskanen signed at 5 mil. The forward depth is a much more pressing issue and we ahve enough money invested in the def and many prospects that are ready and are on cheap contracts.

I would take Nisky for $5 million over Tang for $7.6 million for sure!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Crawford could get lumped in with that knuckle draggers title due to the Bertuzzi/Moore incident but Ron Wilson and Tocchet(post playing career anyway) don't have the coaching reputation of being all hitting and fights but no flash.
I like Hynes but i don't want someone who may get overshadowed or intimidated by Crosby or Malkin.
John Stevens could be a goo option too although an unpopular fan choice i'm sure.

Who’sBehind the Bench?.

I wouldn't worry about Hynes being overshadowed by Sid & Geno. Disco had no credibility as a coach when he arrived on the scene, and he did fine until his shelf life ran out.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Nisky, no Neal and no Oldprik...then find a sucker for Puderi

I think we need to approach the draft seriously, and draft the best forward available. Enough with the dmen we'll never use.

Also, I don't think we could afford Kesler.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to approach the draft seriously, and draft the best forward available. Enough with the dmen we'll never use.

Also, I don't think we could afford Kesler.
defenseman and goalies take forever to get good take the tampa yzerman approach draft a forward! and then again in round 2 and 3.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but might be time to get a coach FA is getting close now!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenseman and goalies take forever to get good take the tampa yzerman approach draft a forward! and then again in round 2 and 3.

Yeah, time to take that approach for the draft. We've stockpiled dmen enough, now it's time to get some forwards.