• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Richardson...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man when are we going to see this guy? Only one catch through 3 games? I hope he gets some action soon, can't believe we're not taking advantage of his speed. I feel like Harvin + Richardson + Lynch would give any defense fits.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the offense is doing so well its tough for me to be critical of who is getting the ball. But I think right now Lockette and Kearse are just keeping him off the field, which isn't surprising, he still has a lot to learn and some bulking up to do.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette appears to have beat him out.....he is almost as fast, plus bigger, and been in the system for a while. Wr is usually a steep learning curve for rookies....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette has final stepped it up, hopefully he can keep it up.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It trend lately is our rookies are red shirted

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockette appears to have beat him out.....he is almost as fast, plus bigger, and been in the system for a while. Wr is usually a steep learning curve for rookies....

This pretty much. Norwood cant even be active on gameday because of our depth at the position.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pete isnt big on starting rookies unless their isnt much of a competition at that particular position. I mean sense he took over how many rookies actually started week 1? All I can think of is Wilson, Okung, carpenter and Britt? sherman and chancellor were all benched their rookie season even thomas who saw a lot of time sat behind lawyer milloy. I guess he wants his rookies to take a step back and really learn the position at the NFL level and their roles and take notes on the guy ahead of them. I said the same exact thing about golden tate his rookie season on why he wasnt getting much playing time. Unless the starters get hurt I dont think paul or norwood will see much of the field.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even thomas who saw a lot of time sat behind lawyer milloy.

Actually, it was Chancellor behind Malloy (SS), Thomas has started every game of his career. Bobby Wagner was also a starter immediately.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie WRs rarely do much. People's expectations for his first year were too high, from what I've seen.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we gonna see more from Harvin? I drafted the guy in the 4th rd and he is killin me!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are we gonna see more from Harvin? I drafted the guy in the 4th rd and he is killin me!

The problem isn't that the Seahawks haven't tried to get him the ball, it's how they've tried to get him the ball (21 touches in 3 games). They are content to try to get him in the flat and let him run (or sweep) and that's about it. He really isn't used as a down the field threat, even for a simple slant route (76% of his receiving yards are YAC, he catches the ball on average 1.5 yards down field). I don't know if he just can't run routes, or if Bevell just has it in his head to use him like this, but there just doesn't seem to be much in the way of making him an actual WR.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn't that the Seahawks haven't tried to get him the ball, it's how they've tried to get him the ball (21 touches in 3 games). They are content to try to get him in the flat and let him run (or sweep) and that's about it. He really isn't used as a down the field threat, even for a simple slant route (76% of his receiving yards are YAC, he catches the ball on average 1.5 yards down field). I don't know if he just can't run routes, or if Bevell just has it in his head to use him like this, but there just doesn't seem to be much in the way of making him an actual WR.
Yeah I have seen this, yet i do not understand this. He was an explosive down field threat for Minnesota and surely he still has his speed. He never seemed to have a problem running patterns in Minnesota. if I were a Seahawks fan I know I would want a whole lot more from him being that you gave up a first round pick for him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have seen this, yet i do not understand this. He was an explosive down field threat for Minnesota and surely he still has his speed. He never seemed to have a problem running patterns in Minnesota. if I were a Seahawks fan I know I would want a whole lot more from him being that you gave up a first round pick for him.

Harvin is still FAST, but Bevell seems to like putting his receivers in specific roles. Lockette is the deep threat, Kearse is medium to long, Baldwin is intermediate and possession while Harvin is decoy and screen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed entirely. Seattle barely used him in the Denver game until we had to in OT and then he sliced Denver's D for like 40 yards on 4 receptions on ONE drive.

I feel like Seattle is scared to have him get hurt... which if that's the case is stupid. You can't spend that kind of money and draft picks on a player and not utilize the weapons he has because you want to play cautious.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed entirely. Seattle barely used him in the Denver game until we had to in OT and then he sliced Denver's D for like 40 yards on 4 receptions on ONE drive.

I feel like Seattle is scared to have him get hurt... which if that's the case is stupid. You can't spend that kind of money and draft picks on a player and not utilize the weapons he has because you want to play cautious.

but at the same time if your controlling the game with our defense and running the ball and were up why riske throwing the ball to harvin downfield and him getting hurt? Like someone mentioned in the denver OT we started throwing him the ball but thats because the game was on the line.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but at the same time if your controlling the game with our defense and running the ball and were up why riske throwing the ball to harvin downfield and him getting hurt? Like someone mentioned in the denver OT we started throwing him the ball but thats because the game was on the line.

Then why waste a first rounder and $10-11M a year for a receiver that clearly (based on our SBOWL season) doesn't need to be on the field? At that point I'd rather us trade the first and pay Suh and turn our defense into something straight out of hell.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why waste a first rounder and $10-11M a year for a receiver that clearly (based on our SBOWL season) doesn't need to be on the field? At that point I'd rather us trade the first and pay Suh and turn our defense into something straight out of hell.

LOL straight out of hell. well i dont have all the answers i guess our offensive coordinator just loved him from our days at minnesota and with tate and rice gone we need him more than ever. I still think what we could do with cordelle patterson or DeAndre Hopkins I think they were both on the board with the 25th pick at the time

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin benefits this offense so much without even getting the ball, it's ridiculous.

Sorry about your fantasy points but I love what he's done.