• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Past and Present Favorite NBA Player

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo should try his free throw shooting style.
He probably has the highest, or one of the highest, free throw percentages for a career of anyone in the NBA. Dave Gambi used to do it as well.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past: Dominique Wikins
Present: Serge Ibaka

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Portland - Maurice Lucas "The Enforcer" I went to his camp every summer, awesome human being and was the definition of Power Foward.

Player I disliked - Isiah Thomas

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just know Curry is going to make it every time he shoots. Barry too. His 66-67 season was probably the greatest individual performance by a player in NBA history

Barry Manilow?

Steph is working on a 45+ streak of made FTs. Ways to go to make that record, which I think is 97 (Micheal Williams in 1993)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Manilow?

Steph is working on a 45+ streak of made FTs. Ways to go to make that record, which I think is 97 (Micheal Williams in 1993)
97 in a row? Geez, no one will break that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. 45 in a row is almost unheard of and Curry isn't even half way there.

No it isn't.

There have been 9 streaks longer than 70. That record will go down. Maybe to Curry this year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Portland - Maurice Lucas "The Enforcer" I went to his camp every summer, awesome human being and was the definition of Power Foward.

Thomas weirded me out as a young kid because of this between him and Magic. I didn't know how to process it

So he was never a huge fave of mine. Great player though

images.jpeg

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past:
"Pistol" Pete Maravich
Earl "the Pearl" Monroe
John "Hondo" Havlicek
Julius "Dr. J" Irving
Elvin "the Big E" Hayes

More recent:
Patrick Ewing
Tim Duncan
Chris Mullin
Jason Kidd
John Stockton

Current:
Steph Curry
Damian Lillard
Joel Embiid
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Luka Doncic

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do actually.

I watched just about every game on WGN.

I was 13 when the Bulls won their first title and 20 when they won their last. I used to plan my schedule around Bulls games.

In fact, I had to miss Jordan's last game before his first retirement in 1993 because my uncle's wedding was directly in conflict with game 6 against the Suns. I missed the Phoenix choke job, Paxson's game winning 3 and Jordan's spectacular 4th quarter.

My uncle knew that me missing Jordan's last game was devastating for me. So to make it up, he somehow scored tickets to Knicks/Bulls game 7 in the Garden the following year. My dad and I took the train up for the day and we were there. It was an unforgettable experience.

After Jordan returned to the league in '95, I was a Junior in high school. The 3 title years were my last year of high school and my first 2 of college. I literally used to switch my work schedule for my summer job to ensure that I had off the nights that the Bulls were on.

Admittedly I didn't watch as many regular season games while in college, but I watched every playoff game. And I followed the league even more closely back then than I do now.

So yeah. I was old enough to remember. And I would bet I watched more of those games than you did.

loved watching the Bulls...…..

MJ actually made me a big fan...…Watching him play was like nothing else the NBA has seen,sorry Dr.J with all due respect……..To this day,I really believe if he had not retired(not sure why other than a few speculations),bulls most likely would of made it 8 in a row...……damn,would have been awesome to see...…...Not that they were not already,but wouls have been nice to see them try and break the Celtucs record of 8 or 9 in a row.

and at 1 time,I actually owned a pair of the first air jordans,wore them out to nothing...………:tsk:

In the 80s,loved the Celtics/Lakers series that went on for a long time......There will not be anything like the Bird/McHale/parrish/ainge vs Magic/Kareem led teams...…..Just awesome.

And who didn't like Dr,J……...My Dad was a huge fan...…..So I got to see him on occasional sundays……..(still just had regular tv back then with cable coming up in mid 80s...…...and they didn't have the special channels to carry the games thru the weekdays like the last 25 yrs)
Moses Malone/Charles Barkley,hated him in Phoenix tho…
……….Along with the Knicks and especially John Starks of the 90s.

But once the rivalries/players from back then all retired...……….BBall is just not the same anymore...…….
I tried watching Derrick Rose,couldnt do it...…..
LeBron James.....…….cant do it,nor will I ever try anymore.....
James Harden would be fun along with S.Currybut its just not the same...…...maybe the time has passed me by,cause the unis and courts are just god awful...….I guess im just old school...…...:noidea:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did you grow up idolizing and who has you attention now.

For me when I was a kid I was a huge Larry Bird fan. Nba didnt get a lot of play in Toronto when I was a kid but I watched and followed what I could

After The Raptors got a team finally Vince Carter launched me into a massive NBA fan

At this point I have to say my Fave player is Kyle Lowry. Just love his hard nosed play

Although if Kawhi stays I could change

Past...Magic...I was a big Kareem (actually started he was Lew Alcindor then) fan in the early 70s...when he was trade to the Lakers, I went west as well and thru the down times, I liked the big fella. Then Magic was drafted and injected new life into the Lakers...the 6'9" PG, the flashy passes, the fast breaking and the ultimate east coast, west coast rivalry with the Celtics imo brought the NBA out of drug, on court violence filled dark period.

Now...much harder question...I would probably say KD, but I'm not really a GS fan. Just think he's a complete player, that doesn't need to score 40 to have an impact on the game....willing passer.

Soap box...I'm sorry, but the way the media is painting James Harden to be this great player is a bit sad imo. He's a great scorer in a league that plays hard DEF maybe 1 night a week.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to like KD I just think going to an existing title team that just beat you is among the weakest shit in sports history.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loved watching the Bulls...…..

MJ actually made me a big fan...…Watching him play was like nothing else the NBA has seen,sorry Dr.J with all due respect……..To this day,I really believe if he had not retired(not sure why other than a few speculations),bulls most likely would of made it 8 in a row...……damn,would have been awesome to see...…...Not that they were not already,but wouls have been nice to see them try and break the Celtucs record of 8 or 9 in a row.

and at 1 time,I actually owned a pair of the first air jordans,wore them out to nothing...………:tsk:

In the 80s,loved the Celtics/Lakers series that went on for a long time......There will not be anything like the Bird/McHale/parrish/ainge vs Magic/Kareem led teams...…..Just awesome.

And who didn't like Dr,J……...My Dad was a huge fan...…..So I got to see him on occasional sundays……..(still just had regular tv back then with cable coming up in mid 80s...…...and they didn't have the special channels to carry the games thru the weekdays like the last 25 yrs)
Moses Malone/Charles Barkley,hated him in Phoenix tho…
……….Along with the Knicks and especially John Starks of the 90s.

But once the rivalries/players from back then all retired...……….BBall is just not the same anymore...…….
I tried watching Derrick Rose,couldnt do it...…..
LeBron James.....…….cant do it,nor will I ever try anymore.....
James Harden would be fun along with S.Currybut its just not the same...…...maybe the time has passed me by,cause the unis and courts are just god awful...….I guess im just old school...…...:noidea:

Brush with greatness...Memphis Coliseum...Memphis Pros played the Virginia Squires...my dad's next door neighbor worked security and gave us floor passes for this game...coming out of the tunnel DR J slapped hands with a 9 yr old kid...that was me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to like KD I just think going to an existing title team that just beat you is among the weakest shit in sports history.

Yeah I've heard that, and some truth there from an old school competitor standpoint, but I'm not a big enough NBA fan to care about it now.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brush with greatness...Memphis Coliseum...Memphis Pros played the Virginia Squires...my dad's next door neighbor worked security and gave us floor passes for this game...coming out of the tunnel DR J slapped hands with a 9 yr old kid...that was me.

That's bad ass.....…………...That's when Dr.J had that 70s hair look,,,,,,,,,lol……....that would have been awesome.

at one time I had a Dr.J rookie card with him on the Squires...….Wish I had that back...…..I gave it away years ago with a stack of 70s Sporting news I kept from my dads subscription...….one oif them had Bird on the cover with an Indiana State jersey on and a Magic Johnson michicgan State jersey on...…(not the magazines were worth anything,but still would be nice to have)......….So can you say dumb ass...…….? :nod:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember the 70s TrailBlazers…...bill Walton and Lionel Hollins.....cant remember anynmore off the top of my head,but im sure remember players if I looked it up...….

I think they won a championship in 77 maybe 78?