• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Past and Present Favorite NBA Player

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

This is the state of Nebraska's new slogan.

dsasa.jpg

downloadfsddf.jpg

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spida is a fucking STUD.

As long as you ignore the offense going from well oiled machine to 1 guy dribbles at the half count for most the shot clock then drives right at the tallest defender for a contested shot.

When he has a stretch like the last few weeks it looks better. I think he could eventually work out the issues and be what everyone thinks, but right now he is a more athletic Waiters.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you ignore the offense going from well oiled machine to 1 guy dribbles at the half count for most the shot clock then drives right at the tallest defender for a contested shot.

When he has a stretch like the last few weeks it looks better. I think he could eventually work out the issues and be what everyone thinks, but right now he is a more athletic Waiters.

I don't think you are wrong. Early in the season he was struggling hard and was literally the reason the Jazz were losing.

The Waiters comparison is fair, but that is the low end of the range. The high end is better shooting Wade. I think most teams would be interested in that.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are wrong. Early in the season he was struggling hard and was literally the reason the Jazz were losing.

The Waiters comparison is fair, but that is the low end of the range. The high end is better shooting Wade. I think most teams would be interested in that.

He has the potential to be something truly great. It might be just because I am in Utah, but he is already viewed as elite, and he absolutely is not yet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the potential to be something truly great. It might be just because I am in Utah, but he is already viewed as elite, and he absolutely is not yet.

I would agree with that.

All though he has played like it the last couple weeks

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that.

All though he has played like it the last couple weeks

Yes, not this last game. Maybe not a coincidence he went back to the negative when Rubio came back?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, not this last game. Maybe not a coincidence he went back to the negative when Rubio came back?
You mean the game that he had 11 assists?

His shooting was abysmal. But, not his playmaking.

Nobody else on that team can get their own shot with Rubio out.

So, obviously he's gonna dominate the ball.

Donovan is a volume shooter.

But, let's not pretend he's not capable of doing other things on the court.

* See his 7 boards, 1 steal and a block.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Mitchell gets a bit more consistent with his shot and selection he's going to be an elite level talent imo

I mean he's no Luke Kennard but he's very solid

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the Mitchell love, he is a volume scorer that disrupts the offense more than adds to it. As a Wolves fan I did appreciate him letting the game get close by driving right at KAT 5 times in a row and making none of em.

He is a very good defender though.

Maybe the national love, you don’t get. But my love, I am a Jazz fan so that should explain it. :P

But I have been disappointed this year in his shot selection. He was better last year not only in making the shots but taking better shots.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not viewed as elite.

He is viewed as up and coming with star potential.

It shouldn't be shocking that people in that area are ecstatic and maybe a bit overboard about having him after losing Gordon for nothing.

He wasn't supposed to be this good.

The Jazz weren't supposed to be a 2nd round playoff team.

A little perspective goes a long way.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the national love, you don’t get. But my love, I am a Jazz fan so that should explain it. :P

But I have been disappointed this year in his shot selection. He was better last year not only in making the shots but taking better shots.
He started off the same way last Season.

He was awful.

But, he stepped it up when Rudy went down.

This year, he did the same sans Rubio.

Again: A little perspective goes a long way.

How can he be faulted for pounding the ball when Rubio, Exum and Neto all missed time.

* Hint They are all point guards

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...and as long as you ignore the fact that he had 7 boards, 11 dimes a steal and a block in the WIN.

You are completely ignoring the fact that the Jazz had 3 injured point guards and he has the ball so much because he's the only guy left that can create for others.

Donovan Mitchell has risen to the occasion despite the backcourt absences. As of this writing, he is averaging 21.6 points in 33.1 minutes per game this season. He was also named the Western Conference’s Player of the Week last week, carrying 31.5 points and 5.8 assists over four games.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Miller
None now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and as long as you ignore the fact that he had 7 boards, 11 dimes a steal and a block in the WIN.

You are completely ignoring the fact that the Jazz had 3 injured point guards and he has the ball so much because he's the only guy left that can create for others.

Donovan Mitchell has risen to the occasion despite the backcourt absences. As of this writing, he is averaging 21.6 points in 33.1 minutes per game this season. He was also named the Western Conference’s Player of the Week last week, carrying 31.5 points and 5.8 assists over four games.

The usagebraye is kind of making my point. Once the other PGs went down he had to pass first. His assists went up and so did his shooting efficiency.

Yes he had some stats in that game, also at the end of the game where they should have had an easy win he took 5 consecutive highly contested shots and made none of them. It is very common at the end, Mitchell abandons the team game and will never give it up.

Had he played the same game at the end it would have been a 15 point game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The usagebraye is kind of making my point. Once the other PGs went down he had to pass first. His assists went up and so did his shooting efficiency.

Yes he had some stats in that game, also at the end of the game where they should have had an easy win he took 5 consecutive highly contested shots and made none of them. It is very common at the end, Mitchell abandons the team game and will never give it up.

Had he played the same game at the end it would have been a 15 point game.

I don’t think one can make that assessment based upon one game or one stretch when the main offense is out. I conceded that I wasn’t very happy with the shot selection this year compared to what I want it to be, but I don’t think you can look at those five shots at the end of the Minnesota game and make any real analysis.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think one can make that assessment based upon one game or one stretch when the main offense is out. I conceded that I wasn’t very happy with the shot selection this year compared to what I want it to be, but I don’t think you can look at those five shots at the end of the Minnesota game and make any real analysis.

He is a much different player at different points. When he plays within the scheme he is awesome, but it was not just those 5. That was the most recent, any game that is in crunch time if you watch I bet Mitchell will have more shots than the team has passes.

It has been less often recently, and that is why he has been so much better.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past, Bob Cousy. Present, Joel Embiid.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2