• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Past and Present Favorite NBA Player

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bad ass.....…………...That's when Dr.J had that 70s hair look,,,,,,,,,lol……....that would have been awesome.

at one time I had a Dr.J rookie card with him on the Squires...….Wish I had that back...…..I gave it away years ago with a stack of 70s Sporting news I kept from my dads subscription...….one oif them had Bird on the cover with an Indiana State jersey on and a Magic Johnson michicgan State jersey on...…(not the magazines were worth anything,but still would be nice to have)......….So can you say dumb ass...…….? :nod:

I had the Sporting News subscription, also the smaller sports digest.

Yeah he had the big afro, huge hands. I remember the old red white and blue basketball...Mr Davis (my dad's neighbor) knew I liked basketball and would give us freebies when the better teams came to town. After the Pros were the Tams...I remember George Gervin, George McGinnis, Dan Issel several others. I knew it wasn't the NBA, but it was pro ball and it was free.

After the merger I would tell kids at school, I've seen such and such play in person and they wouldn't believe me. Amazing most people didn't realize that we had an ABA team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @Ojb81 …...but the NBA these days blow...…….hate everything about it...…...

I went thru a period of that with both NBA and MLB...NBA, I still pay attention come playoff time. I still think NBA playoff basketball is the standard around the world, but the 82 game reg. season kills the sport...62 would be much better.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Sporting News subscription, also the smaller sports digest.

Yeah he had the big afro, huge hands. I remember the old red white and blue basketball...Mr Davis (my dad's neighbor) knew I liked basketball and would give us freebies when the better teams came to town. After the Pros were the Tams...I remember George Gervin, George McGinnis, Dan Issel several others. I knew it wasn't the NBA, but it was pro ball and it was free.

After the merger I would tell kids at school, I've seen such and such play in person and they wouldn't believe me. Amazing most people didn't realize that we had and ABA team.

I remember all those guys...….Loved the "iceman"...…..Bob Macadoo,Artis Gilmore9i had a card of his too),Larry Kenon……….Just off the top of my head...…..

I was 10-11 yrs old barely remember watching the aBA……….Glad my dad was a fan……...something a person will ever endure again...…..

and btw,wish I had a neighbor with some freebies like that...…….:thumb:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went thru a period of that with both NBA and MLB...NBA, I still pay attention come playoff time. I still think NBA playoff basketball is the standard around the world, but the 82 game reg. season kills the sport...62 would be much better.

im just not into it anymore...……..the only time recent years I can honestly say I watched it,was after the Miami Heat party when LJ claimed they were gonna win 8 titles...…...Well from then on out,when Miami got into the playoffs,I was a huge hater...…...And still to this day,Im still a huge hater of him...……..sorry Heat fans or LJ fans...…...:heh:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you know,youre right...….MLB and NBA have way too many game,shortening them would probably be better,but how the hell could they afford these oplayers contraxts……...All sports in fact......its a turnoff for me reading what some of these players make...….Its sickening.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did you grow up idolizing and who has you attention now.

For me when I was a kid I was a huge Larry Bird fan. Nba didnt get a lot of play in Toronto when I was a kid but I watched and followed what I could

After The Raptors got a team finally Vince Carter launched me into a massive NBA fan

At this point I have to say my Fave player is Kyle Lowry. Just love his hard nosed play

Although if Kawhi stays I could change
I never idolized any player past or present.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80s were dominated by the Lakers and Celtics, 90s by the Bulls. Next...
images

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-28_9-34-13.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-28_9-34-13.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember all those guys...….Loved the "iceman"...…..Bob Macadoo,Artis Gilmore9i had a card of his too),Larry Kenon……….Just off the top of my head...…..

I was 10-11 yrs old barely remember watching the aBA……….Glad my dad was a fan……...something a person will ever endure again...…..

and btw,wish I had a neighbor with some freebies like that...…….:thumb:

Larry Kenon was our local star player...sorta. The ABA was a terrible league that had a lot of great players...they didn't have the national TV contract but enough clout (players) to force the merger.

Spot on about the neighbor...My dad was a great provider type, but not so much a "do with" type. Not likely he wouldn't have bought tkts AND taken me to those games back then.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just not into it anymore...……..the only time recent years I can honestly say I watched it,was after the Miami Heat party when LJ claimed they were gonna win 8 titles...…...Well from then on out,when Miami got into the playoffs,I was a huge hater...…...And still to this day,Im still a huge hater of him...……..sorry Heat fans or LJ fans...…...:heh:

LJ is never going to be this beloved figure that at one time I think he really sought to be...I guess with age, I've mellowed like a fine wine...lol

I hated Larry Bird. Now, I realize he was just that good, and the Celtics owned the east. Hated the DET Bad Boys even more...Mahorn and Laimbeer were just brutes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know,youre right...….MLB and NBA have way too many game,shortening them would probably be better,but how the hell could they afford these oplayers contraxts……...All sports in fact......its a turnoff for me reading what some of these players make...….Its sickening.

Growing up in Memphis, big league pro sports was many many years ahead. Although I had been to STL and seen the Cardinals play as a young kid, my 1st real exposure to major league anything was the ATL Braves. My 1st stint in ATL was the early 80s and my job was south of the airport...my route would take me right past Fulton County stadium...the Braves were terrible and I could get in for like $5...young and single at the time...I would stop off a couple of times and take in a game.

Fastforward a lot of years and now I'm living in ATL again...grown with a family, we went to quite a few games and the strike yr that cancelled the WS is really what turned me against MLB...the $ clearly was more important than the fans. My kids were just learning what a dbl play was, (i.e. a little bit about the game) and it was yanked from under them. I've yet to really embrace MLB again.

The NBA, NFL, and especially MLB, the season is just too long for me to be engaged...the NFL is perfect in that regard...16-20 games and start over next year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LJ is never going to be this beloved figure that at one time I think he really sought to be...I guess with age, I've mellowed like a fine wine...lol

I hated Larry Bird. Now, I realize he was just that good, and the Celtics owned the east. Hated the DET Bad Boys even more...Mahorn and Laimbeer were just brutes.
Mahorn is so great on radio play by play. Love that guy.

Laimbeer is a dewsh and a half. Loved when Zeke broke his face.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no question - Mark Aguirre

hqdefault.jpg

and since he is a Coatesville dude and always very nice when you meet him..Rip Hamilton. although I still think he was banging my ex chick in high school.

220px-Rip_Hamilton_pregame.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahorn is so great on radio play by play. Love that guy.

Laimbeer is a dewsh and a half. Loved when Zeke broke his face.

Some of my hate was they swept the Lakers who were old then, but it still hurt.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past - Kurt Rambis, the "Charlie Hustle" of basketball and I hated the Lakers

Now - PG...he the real MVP.