• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mental Health and the NBA

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never once said I take his claims at face value.

What I have said is that his play prior to the drama sure looked like someone potentially struggling with mental issues, if not serious anxiety or something else.

What I have always said is that it is very plausible that he could be telling the truth about the mental health.

Also possible that he isn’t.

But it is 100% wrong to assume that he is lying.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming he made it up.

You don’t know that
And that’s what Ben Simmons is counting on and why his agency counseled him to go that route when the Sixers couldn’t get their medical people to confirm the physical ailment he claimed. If people want to be taken seriously on a claim they need to avoid all of the “convenience” built around this situation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never once said I take his claims at face value.

What I have said is that his play prior to the drama sure looked like someone potentially struggling with mental issues, if not serious anxiety or something else.

What I have always said is that it is very plausible that he could be telling the truth about the mental health.

Also possible that he isn’t.

But it is 100% wrong to assume that he is lying.
Don't get it twisted. He is mentally ill. Deeply. He's a basketball player that won't shoot and thinks he's a celebrity. What a clown. A lying clown.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made it up, Einstein. Even Stevie Wonder can see that.

Wow, these Sixers fans are something else.

First it's a person with mental issues...

Now they're mocking blind people. :heh:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to some more of the Simmons interview and wow it is even more ridiculous than I realized.

He literally takes NO responsibility whatsoever for anything.

He claims that he doesn't care about the money while he's suing the Sixers for unpaid wages.
He claims he showed up to practice because he thought it was "the right thing to do". I guess he just assumes that no one will remember that he refused to show up to practice until the team said they would stop paying him and then he showed up the next day.
He says that no one tried to reach out to him while ignoring that he refused to respond to anyone.

I don't think he's a head case. I think he's a child who has NEVER been forced to grow and act like an adult.