• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Past and Present Favorite NBA Player

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don't watch lol

The Bulls werent competitive until the very end of the decade for the record. And the Sixers weren't competitive at the end of the decade. People always misremember that the Jordan Bulls got their shit pushed in until 89

I don't watch.....And don't plan on to wither.....

Being 38 and 40 when the Bulls were on that rampage meant you were like 3-4 yrs old.....?.....You never seen the 80s versions either?......Well ball back then is better now....
And @tlance.....You are 40......ok,yeah......I'm sure you remember it like yesterday......As mich and I found from watching the NBA in the 70s......

Ps.....damn internet is out so posting on my phone and it sucks.....So sorry about not getting back to you all last night.....Sam's as today,but enjoying the convo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being 38 and 40 when the Bulls were on that rampage meant you were like 3-4 yrs old.....?.....You never seen the 80s versions either?......Well ball back then is better now....
And @tlance.....You are 40......ok,yeah......I'm sure you remember it like yesterday......As mich and I found from watching the NBA in the 70s......

Ps.....damn internet is out so posting on my phone and it sucks.....So sorry about not getting back to you all last night.....Sam's as today,but enjoying the convo.

I do actually.

I watched just about every game on WGN.

I was 13 when the Bulls won their first title and 20 when they won their last. I used to plan my schedule around Bulls games.

In fact, I had to miss Jordan's last game before his first retirement in 1993 because my uncle's wedding was directly in conflict with game 6 against the Suns. I missed the Phoenix choke job, Paxson's game winning 3 and Jordan's spectacular 4th quarter.

My uncle knew that me missing Jordan's last game was devastating for me. So to make it up, he somehow scored tickets to Knicks/Bulls game 7 in the Garden the following year. My dad and I took the train up for the day and we were there. It was an unforgettable experience.

After Jordan returned to the league in '95, I was a Junior in high school. The 3 title years were my last year of high school and my first 2 of college. I literally used to switch my work schedule for my summer job to ensure that I had off the nights that the Bulls were on.

Admittedly I didn't watch as many regular season games while in college, but I watched every playoff game. And I followed the league even more closely back then than I do now.

So yeah. I was old enough to remember. And I would bet I watched more of those games than you did.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, it is a better product now

It's a better product than the 90's. I disagree about the 80's.

Imo, the 80's had the right blend of finesse and physical play. It was a free flowing game similar to what we have today, but players could be more physical and enforce the "no layups" rule without fear of a flagrant foul and getting kicked out the game.

Unfortunately, the Bad Boy Pistons fucked it all up which led to what we saw in the 90's.

Today's game is a lot of fun to watch, no doubt. But I think the "freedom of movement" rules have gone a little too far and taken too much of the physicality out of the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares how you choose to waste your Thursday night.

@msgkings322 point is 100% based on fact. Throughout the history of the league, teams like the current Warriors, the Jordan Bulls, the Shaq/Kobe Lakers always have and always will generate better TV ratings. The majority of NBA viewers won't be excited about tuning in to see two mediocre teams play. People watch the superstars and the superteams. It is time proven fact.

So if you choose not to watch one of the greatest teams of all time play, that is your choice. But his point is 100% true none the less.

Exactly. People love the "good vs. evil" narrative. As @msgkings322 pointed out...people might watch because they want to see the Warriors win or they might watch hoping to see them lose...but people watch.

People want to see dynasties. Whether they want to see the dynasty continue or end, doesn't really matter. They still want to see them.

That's why Patriots games are highly rated in the NFL. Literally everyone outside of the New England area might be wanting to see them lose, but they are watching.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol do you math bro? Jordan got his ass handed to him by the Pistons and Celtics all the way up to 1989. I was ten. Recall them vividly. Feel free to verify my point I don't have to look it up. Apparently you do.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do actually.

I watched just about every game on WGN.

I was 13 when the Bulls won their first title and 20 when they won their last. I used to plan my schedule around Bulls games.

In fact, I had to miss Jordan's last game before his first retirement in 1993 because my uncle's wedding was directly in conflict with game 6 against the Suns. I missed the Phoenix choke job, Paxson's game winning 3 and Jordan's spectacular 4th quarter.

My uncle knew that me missing Jordan's last game was devastating for me. So to make it up, he somehow scored tickets to Knicks/Bulls game 7 in the Garden the following year. My dad and I took the train up for the day and we were there. It was an unforgettable experience.

After Jordan returned to the league in '95, I was a Junior in high school. The 3 title years were my last year of high school and my first 2 of college. I literally used to switch my work schedule for my summer job to ensure that I had off the nights that the Bulls were on.

Admittedly I didn't watch as many regular season games while in college, but I watched every playoff game. And I followed the league even more closely back then than I do now.

So yeah. I was old enough to remember. And I would bet I watched more of those games than you did.

You and I must be about the same age lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite all time player is Magic.

For today...I don't really have a favorite. But I do have several that I enjoy watching for different reasons and will try to make a point to watch when they are on.

Among them...Klay, Kyrie, Westbrook, pretty much anyone with the last name Gasol, KD, and AD, just to name a few.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past- Greg Kite

Present- Lonzo Ball

:heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite all time player is Magic.

For today...I don't really have a favorite. But I do have several that I enjoy watching for different reasons and will try to make a point to watch when they are on.

Among them...Klay, Kyrie, Westbrook, pretty much anyone with the last name Gasol, KD, and AD, just to name a few.

As much as the Lakers organization makes me vomit Magic to this day is still 1 of my all time favorite NBAers. Of course my favorite NBAer's Larry the Legend. But I've mentioned that before.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the Lakers organization makes me vomit Magic to this day is still 1 of my all time favorite NBAers. Of course my favorite NBAer's Larry the Legend. But I've mentioned that before.

Yeah, I'm the same. I loved watching Bird back in the day. He's probably my 2nd favorite all time player to watch.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past - KG

Present - Ingles and KAT

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm the same. I loved watching Bird back in the day. He's probably my 2nd favorite all time player to watch.

Speaking of old school NBA if I had a time machine I'd like to see the Bad Boys rough up the Warriors. Using 80's rules of course when you could beat the hell outta your opponent & get away w/ it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of old school NBA if I had a time machine I'd like to see the Bad Boys beat up the Warriors. Using 80's rules of course when you could beat the hell outta your opponent & get away w/ it.:heh:

lol

Under those rules, Rick Mahorn would break KD in half and Rodman would get Draymond kicked out of every game before the end of the 1st quarter.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If The Joker doesn't make the All Star team it'll be highway robbery. I was @ the Nuggets game last night & watched him get another trip-dub. His 23 trip-dubs are the 2nd most in NBA history for a 7 footer (23). Wilt hold the record @ 78.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Under those rules, Rick Mahorn would break KD in half and Rodman would get Draymond kicked out of every game before the end of the 1st quarter.

laughingsmiley.gif

That's why it would be so funny. And my guess is Laimbeer would punch someone just for the hell of it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If The Joker doesn't make the All Star team it'll be highway robbery. I was @ the Nuggets game last night & watched him get another trip-dub. His 23 trip-dubs are the 2nd most in NBA history for a 7 footer (23). Wilt hold the record @ 78.

He's going to make the AS team.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past: Stockton, Malone, Jordan (Yes, I know, I know), Andrew Bogut, and Jeff Hornacek.

Current: Donovan Mitchel, Dante Exum, LeBron James (I like to follow stats), Rudy Gobert, and Jeremy Lin.

Disliked: Derek Fisher, Roby Seikally, Derrick Harper, Enes Kanter, and Trey Lyles. Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon for ring-blocking, but that’s not hate.

I dont get the Mitchell love, he is a volume scorer that disrupts the offense more than adds to it. As a Wolves fan I did appreciate him letting the game get close by driving right at KAT 5 times in a row and making none of em.

He is a very good defender though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past- Chris Webber.

Present- Blake Griffin

But, Spida, Joker, Tobias are coming.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the Mitchell love, he is a volume scorer that disrupts the offense more than adds to it. As a Wolves fan I did appreciate him letting the game get close by driving right at KAT 5 times in a row and making none of em.

He is a very good defender though.
Spida is a fucking STUD.