• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

Justin Smith has made improvements and "God willing and creek don't rise he's going to play"

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steve Corkran:

Harbaugh said Randy Moss gets an A+ for the way he has played and comported himself this season.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Fox:

In this year's #49ers, TroyAikman see's some of his #Cowboys teams, "I haven't seen an O-Line this physical & athletic in a long time."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Hot Read: Aldon Smith trying to regain form - ESPN

oh sh*t that was a massive read. I swear MHSL82 wrote this!(jk)

You blew my cover! I'm a guy but my pen name is Elizabeth Merrill just to throw people off. I should have picked a better face, but I wanted to still look like I was a sports person. ;)

You know, I should have responded this in a long novel, but I don't have the energy and this is already longer than it could be - to stay in the spirit of long novels. It should just be:

"You blew my cover! Elizabeth is just a pen name..."

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You blew my cover! I'm a guy but my pen name is Elizabeth Merrill just to throw people off. I should have picked a better face, but I wanted to still look like I was a sports person. ;)

You know, I should have responded this in a long novel, but I don't have the energy and this is already longer than it could be - to stay in the spirit of long novels. It should just be:

"You blew my cover! Elizabeth is just a pen name..."

lol.... my team and I are always on the case and we'll never concede to finding the truth!

[
Where-are-you-Scooby-Doo-scooby-doo-23984177-500-335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh on Justin Smith: ‘God willing and the creek don?t rise, he?s going to play’ | 49ers Hot Read

Smith is participating at full capacity, opting against wearing a black, no-contact jersey. He is wearing a brace on his left arm, similar to the one worn by Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis in the Ravens game against the Colts last weekend.

That cowboy won't go down.... :dance:

I hope we can at least get off to a big lead vs GB thus resting Jsmith for the remainder of the game.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tim Kawakami:

Asked Frank Gore if Crabtree has been different--more confident--after all the big games. "No way, Crab is Crab," Gore said. "Look at him!"

Should add that Crabtree was doing a mini-dance behind me as Gore was saying this. "That's the way he always is!" Gore said.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Harbaugh initially thought Smith could play through triceps tear

The highlight:

Today, Jim Harbaugh offered a morsel of information, which, if accurate, would have to be labeled encouraging for the 49ers’ defense: Harbaugh said he didn’t initially think Smith’s injury would prevent him from missing a game after the 12-year veteran was injured on Dec. 16 at New England.

On Dec. 18, Harbaugh said he expected Smith to play that week at Seattle, memorably saying on KNBR he thought “The Cowboy” would be “saddled up … roping and riding.” In retrospect, Harbaugh’s sunny outlook looks like an attempt to dupe the Seahawks into believing Smith could play. Today, though, Harbaugh said that was an honest assessment of Smith’s condition. Smith will play Saturday with a bulky brace on his left arm.

“At the time, I did know the severity of it and I felt that with the brace he would be able to play with what he had,” Harbaugh said. “Now, again, you’re not in somebody else’s body. There are strength issues. There’s been significant improvement since that time.”

This suggests Smith suffered a very minor triceps tear. Asked what percent of Smith’s triceps muscle was torn, Harbaugh turned tight-lipped.

“I’m not going to get into the specifics of it,” he said. “I never really like to do that. If a player wants to share that information, then so be it. We’ll turn in the information that we’re required to and leave it at that.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach's Notebook: Jan. 9

I was on a conference call with former 49ers QB Steve Young a little while ago and he was speaking to the importance of kind of getting after Packers QB Aaron Rodgers. And the quote he gave was “Aaron Rodgers will beat you if he’s protected.” What do you make of that?

“Well, there’s a lot of evidence for that statement. I think the biggest issue that everybody faces, or task, is it’s extremely hard to get pressure on him. There are times that you could have a free rusher and before he can get across the line of scrimmage Aaron Rodgers has already got the ball out. So, I think there’s a lot of evidence for what he said.”

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
“I feel like I’ve got a little chip on my shoulder right now”

"Chip on shoulder" quickly becoming the most overused cliche in sports. So many of these guys trying to pretend they have this intense drive to prove people wrong....I blame Michael Jordan for this. He actually had it, most of the others just trying to copy him.