• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie DeBartolo Jr. on Candlestick, Kaepernick, and projecting a deja vu 49ers-Denver Super Bowl | Talking Points

Some highlights:

-DeBARTOLO (without intro): Go Packers! (Laughs.)

-Q: Well, you’ve always been such a Green Bay honk.

-DeBARTOLO: Are you crazy? I hate that team!

I have nightmares about the Packers and the Cowboys.

----------------------------------------------------

But it’s a playoff, anything can happen. You know what surprises me is the line. Three points? I don’t know who’s making the line up, must be some guy that’s drinking a lot in Vegas.

-Q: You think it’s too low.

-DeBARTOLO: Oh yeah. When people asked me I thought it would be 7 or 8.

All kidding aside, I did send Jed an email. I told him, ‘I didn’t do this, but just enjoy it. Enjoy the moment if you can. I know you’re a nervous wreck and you will be up until game time. Everything’s in the hands of the coaches and players and Jim Harbaugh has everything well under control, I’m sure.

‘Good luck.’

That was it. I just sent it to him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers not tipping hand on kickers: Niners head coach Jim Harbaugh said "there's a leader in the clubhouse" in the kicking competition this week but wouldn't say who had it between David Akers and newly signed Billy Cundiff. Harbaugh also said there's a "good chance" both kickers will be active for their game Saturday against the Packers, per the Sacramento Bee.
(Updated 1/8/13)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis: I'm part of the plan: Niners tight end Vernon Davis said Monday he plans to be a key contributor for the team's offense this postseason, beginning with this week's game vs. the Packers. Davis has been saying this for weeks, per the San Jose Mercury News, and the feeling is that defenses have been taking Davis away so he can't be impactful. "There's some multiple factors there, the biggest one being that defenses are playing us and taking that into account, taking Vernon into account," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. "They're wary of getting beat by Vernon Davis. That's the biggest issue."
(Updated 1/8/13)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

49ers practice report: Justin Smith full go, limited are Aldon Smith, Tarell Brown, Bruce Miller. Both kickers present

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

49ers practice report: Justin Smith full go, limited are Aldon Smith, Tarell Brown, Bruce Miller. Both kickers present

Good decision to give them some rest. Great decision to allow Smith to test out his strength a little bit while getting also getting back his football legs. He's been out to long.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

Matt Maiocco: 49ers DT Justin Smith going through pre-practice drills. He's expect @ San Francisco 49ers Training Facility

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Inman:

Man, we are one decimated team

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barrows:

Slight wrinkle in 49ers practice today. Receiver Ricardo Lockette warmed up with the defensive backs

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

“If, from point of view, he’s not playing up to his standard or close to it, we’ll put the next guy in,” Fangio said. “It’s been my experience that someone at 80 percent is not as good as the next guy at 100 percent.”

in GENERAL, makes sense to me.

it might not apply in this particular case, but in general.....

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If, from point of view, he’s not playing up to his standard or close to it, we’ll put the next guy in,” Fangio said. “It’s been my experience that someone at 80 percent is not as good as the next guy at 100 percent.”

in GENERAL, makes sense to me.

it might not apply in this particular case, but in general.....

I would think it applies even more in this case