• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P5 Change in Scheduling Philosophy?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with that. That said, it is still SoS regardless. If VT drops only one this year I HIGHLY doubt they would even be a consideration as a contender with the schedule that we have. But next year or the year after if we have a great year and PSU / WVU are decent and our SoS lines up better than MSU or Oregon, then cool we are more deserving for consideration for a spot in the playoff.
I should have made a caveat statement that no way in hell do I legitimately think VT will even be close to a playoff spot but just using the info above as an example. But hey, a brotha can dream right???

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't answer the question. Since you claim the Slack 12 plays everyone, when is the Huskies vs Sun Devils and Huskies vs Bruins games this year?
The PAC has a 2 year rotation unlike the ACC & SEC who have a 12 year rotation.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have made a caveat statement that no way in hell do I legitimately think VT will even be close to a playoff spot but just using the info above as an example. But hey, a brotha can dream right???
When you are a Miner fan dreamin' is all you got!

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best win that Washington has over a team not in the PAC12 in the last 8 seasons is over 8-5 BYU.
This is not directed at collective Huskies but rather at AG in terms of his antics...
giphy.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THREE
Let’s break this down for you. 9 conference games. 6 other teams in the division which leaves 3 cross division games a year. In two years you have 6 cross division games and 7 cross division opponents. So how do you play everyone every two years?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THREE
Let’s break this down for you. 9 conference games. 6 other teams in the division which leaves 3 cross division games a year. In two years you have 6 cross division games and 7 cross division opponents. So how do you play everyone every two years?

It's a 2 year rotation. All opponents are played in the 2018-19 cycle .

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THREE

Additionally, there are 4 interdivision games each year...your MSU education failed you again.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, there are 4 interdivision games each year...your MSU education failed you again.
No, my problem is I think in terms of 14 team conferences, not 12. So I apologize.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC has a 2 year rotation unlike the ACC & SEC who have a 12 year rotation.

Have you considered that playing yourselves so often helps make you non-competitive outside the conference, or do you think you guys just suck in general.

LOL, what was your last OOC regular season win against a P5 team with a winning record, Syracuse in 2010? LOL, we all can't play Rutgers and Illinois.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you considered that playing yourselves so often helps make you non-competitive outside the conference, or do you think you guys just suck in general.

LOL, what was your last OOC regular season win against a P5 team with a winning record, Syracuse in 2010? LOL, we all can't play Rutgers and Illinois.
Have you considered that the SEC plays the least amount of P5 teams on average .... because that pseudo conference is too chickenshit to play its own conferenece members.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you considered that the SEC plays the least amount of P5 teams on average .... because that pseudo conference is too chickenshit to play its own conferenece members.

Hmmm...I believe I will assuage my anguish over your hateful words by taking myself down to my shrine and lighting a little husky effigy in front of each one of our 5 National Championship trophies. Then I might go down to the strip club and throw change at one of the Ukranians....

Actually it is the ACC that plays the least amount of P5 teams historically, but thanks for playing anyways. As long as you guys keep pretending that Oregon St is a P5 team, and we keep pretending the Pac-12 is a P5 conference, that is meaningless.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...I believe I will assuage my anguish over your hateful words by taking myself down to my shrine and lighting a little husky effigy in front of each one of our 5 National Championship trophies. Then I might go down to the strip club and throw change at one of the Ukranians....

Actually it is the ACC that plays the least amount of P5 teams historically, but thanks for playing anyways. As long as you guys keep pretending that Oregon St is a P5 team, and we keep pretending the Pac-12 is a P5 conference, that is meaningless.
No it isn't, it's the SEC. I've been posting yearly threads since 2012 on who plays who and the SEC is always last followed by the ACC. What kind of conference avoids playing its own conference members? A chickenshit no testicle pseudo conference is who.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for conference championships to matter more.

16 team playoff; 10 conference champions + 6 at large. Alabama would have been an at large bid in the 2011 season.

With no conference championship, ND still can get an at large berth.

No! No! No! No 16-team playoffs.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should we all keep pretending too that ACC and SEC teams don’t get to schedule an extra home game vs a chicken shit G5 team? All the while having some sort of shitty P5 division mate with them? I mean all the teams worth a damn in each of those conferences are all but garunteed 4 wins a year minimum.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we all keep pretending too that ACC and SEC teams don’t get to schedule an extra home game vs a chicken shit G5 team? All the while having some sort of shitty P5 division mate with them? I mean all the teams worth a damn in each of those conferences are all but garunteed 4 wins a year minimum.

Your words would have more merit if your conference champion would try winning a playoff game at some point.